RUN!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Wu-long said:
I know man judging how we are stuck at a jog pace right now a walk would be nice haha

Lol true.
Besides you cannot make an awesome cinematic video with only jogging. Its like "Units, March!" and then they start jogging at an un-even pace.

Run speed doesn't have as much to do with how encumbered you are rather than as with how quickly you fatigue. When I did my regular army service we had full-equipment running/walking exercises with sprints in between and you can almost run as fast as without carrying anything, but for much shorter time and your next sprint is delayed further with the increased recovery times because of the sudden exhaustion and the added weight of your equipment.

They need to add energy/stamina bars and the ability to adjust your run sprint or have 2-3 different type of pre-defined run modes + walk and crouch/crawl. This would cover most real-life situations. OH, and proper object climbing, i.e. rocks, small walls, etc.

Additionally, heat is of a huge importance in real life, as well as humidity. Wind too... there are a lot of possibilities to expand the realism of the game engine.

Umm.... SO is anyone gona actually make this mod or is this just wishfull thinking.

But i stand by that i think you should be able to run/charge into people. EG. guy who is standing behined a shield and you sprint right into him and smack him too the ground when you crash into him.

So like some kind of tackle.

Oh and please tell me if someone already had the same idae as me. i know im an insugnificant mook/noob who kant spell but i still feal sad when im egnored T_T

Suspicous Pilgrim said:
People who suffer from the Call of Duty Syndrome have issues having their voice heard.

I dont play call of duty, Its just i spent my entire life egnored until i got a computer and i got internet

I like. I'll support this mod all the way.  It might even make using light armor and daggers useful, instead of just always buying the biggest freaking weapon and armor possible.  Thats one thing I don't like about M&B, how if you buy the armor and stuff, your the best, and there is not other option really available.  I would love to see some use come into different styles of fighting.

Illinest said:
In Call of Duty, you are given a "sprint" button.
When you press the sprint button, your speed increases dramatically while an "endurance bar" decreases quickly. When your endurance bar reaches 0, (after about 5 seconds of sprinting) You slow down to a jog and cannot sprint again until the endurance bar refills completely. (Which also takes about 5 seconds)
If you can limit your sprint to less than half of the length of the endurance bar, then you can immediately resume sprinting again before the endurance bar completely refills, but if at any time you drop to less than half endurance, you MUST wait until the bar is completely refilled again.

I think that this feature would add depth to the gameplay. Timing your "runs" would become an important part of your melee combat strategy, as you would need to balance the needs of closing distance with an archer versus "saving" your run for a quick retreat from the horde of axe wielding barbarians.
Sprinting could also be a trainable skill (differentiated from "running" of course) which would allow you to lengthen the endurance bar and allow for longer sprints.

In addition, the same mechanic could be applied to mounted combat, with sprinting (hopefully) giving the additional benefit of added charging damage.

Stopped reading there.

if you would take attention you would have noticed that after a short moment of running (with W key WITHOUT pressing A S or D) you have a small boost

Back
Top Bottom