Rigale & perisno co-Submod: Phosphor v20r71 BUG REPORTS HERE

Users who are viewing this thread

doomdoging said:
abourt 40 days into my test game i noticed inns started bugging out  voldebergs inn turned into a stone hallway and freising a open open snowy plain with some trees

Have you seen any talking animals?  You don't happen to have two sisters and a brother, do you?

--

The bugs I've seen are mostly listed here.  I did lose the ability to cook fish when I updated to v11, and the well-cooked fish I had in inventory in that save no longer counts as food, it seems.

Teggs said:
doomdoging said:
abourt 40 days into my test game i noticed inns started bugging out  voldebergs inn turned into a stone hallway and freising a open open snowy plain with some trees

Have you seen any talking animals?  You don't happen to have two sisters and a brother, do you?

--

The bugs I've seen are mostly listed here.  I did lose the ability to cook fish when I updated to v11, and the well-cooked fish I had in inventory in that save no longer counts as food, it seems.

in v11 the food is incorrectly checked to see if it is rotten and all the freshness modifiers make it invalid for crafting.  For v12 there is a modified check that can cook fish that isn't rotten, but the general check of non rotten foods doesn't report honestly what you do and do not have -- if any of the foods match, it will report you as having that number for every slot without such food in inventory.  I know why and will fix it tomorrow.  I think you can cook fish, cattle meat, fruit, and grapes now, but NOT deer meat/venison at the moment.  Tomorrow venison will certainly work (or whatever the meat coming from killing deer on the hunting is called -- there are two different items with similar names, I need to straighten out which the recipe looks for).

As for the inns, I've seen that too and am looking for a good excuse as to why that was.  At first I thought the taverns were corrupted but actually its something else.  I'll experiment with some way to reset taverns (possibly from a cheat menu setting, worst case, or best case by timer trigger so it does it for you every couple weeks, as a failsafe, possibly without you ever noticing).  that lets it hot fix itself whether or not you have an issue, and self heals bugged games while not seeming to disturb games working well.  Taverns are normally reshuffled every 3 days anyway, but on those games something gets stuck.

My pet theory is they don't like Rigale booksellers, but it could be any seldom occurring event with taverns -- like ambush by assassins instead of a drunk.
I'll need to experiment some.

- GS

Sky Warden said:
So, any plan for an SVN? If not, I'll wait until you host it on moddb.

As Perisno is part of Phosphor source code, I cannot open the source up.  Rigale is OSP but Phosphor is closed until/unless Perisno is pulled out from it,
and by then I'd probably put something else in that is mine and not OSP also.  So Rigale belongs on a SVN but I can't put source code for Phosphor.  No patch was > 7 MB, and 90% of those patches are duplicate information.  The core files changing every patch are around 1 MByte.  The "full" distribution is same  as Perisno .744 + latest Phosphor patch.

I recommend you download just Perisno .744 full, extract it to a copy of Perisno (so there are two perisno mod folders), rename either of them "Phosphor", then patch with the latest version (in this case v12), a 7 MB download.  Or do you mean that you are unable to download 7 MB (1 /140th of 1 GB) from google drive?

In any case, I'll put it on Moddb next month when I return from Turkey.  Moddb is a lot of headaches for a pre-alpha project...

- GS

went to narnia again  this time when i tryed to break a lord out of prison at the city of arendal i killed the guard and went though the prison door  and ended up in a snowy plain with some trees and no way out

gsanders said:
  As Perisno is part of Phosphor source code, I cannot open the source up.  Rigale is OSP but Phosphor is closed until/unless Perisno is pulled out from it,
  I recommend you download just Perisno .744 full, extract it to a copy of Perisno (so there are two perisno mod folders), rename either of them "Phosphor", then patch with the latest version (in this case v12), a 7 MB download.  Or do you mean that you are unable to download 7 MB (1 /140th of 1 GB) from google drive?

In any case, I'll put it on Moddb next month when I return from Turkey.  Moddb is a lot of headaches for a pre-alpha project...

- GS

What I meant is that you host the compiled module, not the source code. Well whatever. That patch sounds better. Gonna try it now.

I was attacked by some bandits while trying to bake bread in Uliastai at night.  But once they were dead the Continue button only looped the reward and there was no way out.  (Old Rigale bug, I know, but the second Continue button is gone.)  v12

Also, I've noticed that one can buy tools from some guilds and then sell them back for more than the buying price in lots of 5.

Teggs said:
I was attacked by some bandits while trying to bake bread in Uliastai at night.  But once they were dead the Continue button only looped the reward and there was no way out.  (Old Rigale bug, I know, but the second Continue button is gone.)  v12

Also, I've noticed that one can buy tools from some guilds and then sell them back for more than the buying price in lots of 5.

Hmm...this seems to be the same issue I had. Encountering night bandits while crafting.

Update: ...and not being able to leave the screen. (forgot to write this part :razz:)

zykox said:
Teggs said:

Hmm...this seems to be the same issue I had. Encountering night bandits while crafting.

I even gave you a 40% chance to dodge them at v12
  Pay attention to time of day.  Crafting takes a long time; and they know you have money...

I'll adjust guild rewards next rev. 
  I'm still more interested if the code for example eats your processor or mutates your babies.
  Eventually I'll stop giving you money if I think the risk of you restarting is small...

If the game gets too sissy like some old stable parent game, I'll have to put some new features in, but for now
I'd like what little there is to actually work stably.  Theres a bunch of things that I managed to leave out last month
that I just found and put back, so it will feel a lot more like Rigale for a bit. 

I still haven't tested making a community.

Spirit world / Shaman now regenerates power every 2 hours, slowly...

Epidemics might move every 2 weeks now and change in intensity during that time.

Your party may now get sick from epidemics

don't forget the medic guild can heal your entire party, for a price (which is cheaper than it used to be)
    those nuns, priestesses, and clerics you shrug at have enhanced healing skills

Choosing to fight an epidemic does whatever it used to in Rigale now, soon (TM) your medic skill can influence asn epidemic breaking for renown, honor, and cash rewards...

Some craftable items changed stats, costs, and weight.

----
  cooking still has a messed up display of ingredients, but the new cooking recipes actually work. 
  You can get some nice cooking skillups smoking various foods, in town.
    The smoking food preservation skill wastes less ingredients but cannot add modifiers to the resulting item, so it's different
    than the cooking recipes.  Also cooking recipes for smoking are higher skill, which at least makes them useful for skillups.

I have master skill in cooking and a bunch of venison in my inventory. I tried to cook basic venison meat and it says I have the venison, but when I click it nothing happens and it says I have no venison.

Happens a lot, when I enter a settlement I exit right away automatically. I've also encountered the bugs where you can't leave town, and I got attacked by a outlaws when I wanted to go to the guild district. Stuck on the Continue dialogue.

Also, what are those cave-shaped battlegrounds? I beat one, and when it says it has 0 garrison and I went to it, I encountered myself with the economy NPC (the guy in your court if you have a kingdom) dialogue.

Another thing, when I'm waiting for crafting, sometimes the waiting stops just before the crafting is done. I need to select the "Wait here" option and a split second later the crafting completion message appear. Triggering another crafting before the previous is done does the latest crafting and you lose the materials for the previous crafting and gain nothing.

Anyway, are the cities' scenes still the same from Native or is it just me screwing up the patch? Very fun mod by the way.

Sky Warden said:
I have master skill in cooking and a bunch of venison in my inventory. I tried to cook basic venison meat and it says I have the venison, but when I click it nothing happens and it says I have no venison.

Happens a lot, when I enter a settlement I exit right away automatically. I've also encountered the bugs where you can't leave town, and I got attacked by a outlaws when I wanted to go to the guild district. Stuck on the Continue dialogue.

Also, what are those cave-shaped battlegrounds? I beat one, and when it says it has 0 garrison and I went to it, I encountered myself with the economy NPC (the guy in your court if you have a kingdom) dialogue.

Another thing, when I'm waiting for crafting, sometimes the waiting stops just before the crafting is done. I need to select the "Wait here" option and a split second later the crafting completion message appear. Triggering another crafting before the previous is done does the latest crafting and you lose the materials for the previous crafting and gain nothing.

Anyway, are the cities' scenes still the same from Native or is it just me screwing up the patch? Very fun mod by the way.

*Entering fiefs and having to click it twice, is currently as intended, to take care of a different more serious problem.
*Getting ambushed, while going to the guild, and not being able to leave, is a known issue, that has already been posted.
*Battlegrounds aren't done yet.
*After crafting, just hold space or ctrl+space and you're fine. It's less work than having to click "wait here" again.
*Crafting another item, before the previous crafting is done shouldn't be taking materials again...what exactly were you trying to craft? When I tried this with leatherworking, I got the correct message "you're already busy" and I didn't lose materials.

I think city scenes should still be as in native, or as in Perisno (I don't remember if Perisno had any custom scenes).

Sky Warden said:

the first sounds like v12 or earlier.  Did you get v14 released last hour?

Battlegrounds are just places where some other party got jumped.  they really aren't for any use yet, they're markers for cemetaries and future encounters in the spirit world, or where someday you might be able to bury dead 9or loot them).  Anyone found inside is a straggler that ran away from the battle and is dazed.  Its possible in the future they could be recruited but for now the one thing it is NOT is an invitation to fight them "free" like in World of Warcraft or Everquest II.  All faction hits apply; no one asked anyone to jump  bunch of refugees.

Town entering and having to reenter again and not being able to leave easily except tavern and ESC to save game/reload are two sides of the same mechanic, attempting to handle extra forced rest (a way to make time pass in game), usually from training, guild lessons, or crafting in town.  I could make all those instant and then block doing any of those actions until midnight passes, instead of back to back as it ends up now, but I was hoping not to have to go that route.

City scenes are supposed to be same as Perisno.  I'm still trying to duplicate exactly how to scramble the tavern; I thought the tavern scenes were corrupt but actually its just some sort of stack creep that corrupts party markers after awhile.  I think I managed to get it to heal itself, we'll see after a week or so.

I'm sure prices need balancing (I never did like Perisno's inflated economy), guild items and rewards are not balanced, and I've been trying to boost crafting SOOO much that now I am starting to look for ways to nerf it.  I think you'll find plenty of Rigale features suddenly working with patch v14.

I see Zykox beat me to an answer, well done.

- GS

zykox said:
*Entering fiefs and having to click it twice, is currently as intended, to take care of a different more serious problem.
*Getting ambushed, while going to the guild, and not being able to leave, is a known issue, that has already been posted.
*Battlegrounds aren't done yet.
*After crafting, just hold space or ctrl+space and you're fine. It's less work than having to click "wait here" again.
*Crafting another item, before the previous crafting is done shouldn't be taking materials again...what exactly were you trying to craft? When I tried this with leatherworking, I got the correct message "you're already busy" and I didn't lose materials.

I think city scenes should still be as in native, or as in Perisno (I don't remember if Perisno had any custom scenes).

1. Alright.
2. I knew. I just wanted to confirm the bug. I already know how to handle the issue where you can't exit the town.
3. Alright.
4. I still think it needs to be polished a bit more so that the waiting ends exactly when the crafting is done.
5. I was cooking raisons and then bread. Didn't get the raisons.
6. Some Tolranian castles have custom scenes actually. About the towns I think I just remember them wrong.

I'll check out v14 now, Sanders. Anyway, I read someone reported that you can buy tools from guilds and sell them back for better price. I'm not sure if he meant selling them to merchants or the Turn-in thing. I tried buying tools for cheap price and did the turn-in. It says, "Turn-in tools for 2000 denars," and some exp. Lost the tools but I didn't get the 2000 aurums.

I think Female Perisno Armor is bugged. I saw it in the elven town Elisnoire and when I tried to wear it my game crashed. Could be an accidental crash, but the mesh is also missing on the market window.

pVNYgI0.jpg

Cooked venison gives no moral bonus, and cooked chicken turns to this:
Qf1j3AV.jpg

There's a helmet which mesh overlaps over character's face. It's used by those mercenary swordmen, or men at arms? Not sure which unit was that. I only remember that they wore blue cloth. I couldn't recognize the helmet because it was really messed up, and I couldn't take a screenshot because it was during a rather serious battle.

Sky Warden said:
I think Female Perisno Armor is bugged. I saw it in the elven town Elisnoire and when I tried to wear it my game crashed. Could be an accidental crash, but the mesh is also missing on the market window.

pVNYgI0.jpg

Cooked venison gives no moral bonus, and cooked chicken turns to this:
Qf1j3AV.jpg

There's a helmet which mesh overlaps over character's face. It's used by those mercenary swordmen, or men at arms? Not sure which unit was that. I only remember that they wore blue cloth. I couldn't recognize the helmet because it was really messed up, and I couldn't take a screenshot because it was during a rather serious battle.

For the female perisno armor I can't remove it without messing up savegames but I CAN give it a different texture/resource, ideally from one that doesn't have a problem.  So that's a good catch and an easy fix for v15

Cooked anything is weird and I should re-do the way things are cooked.  For half of the items, there are 12 different outcomes, and only 5 and above gave morale, although people could auto-feed themselves from the bottom ones.  More interesting, the absolute worst ones don't rot, they're too burned.
But personally I'd feel happier with say at most 2-3 outcomes, of different morale values and maybe different difficulties in cooking.  And then theres the issue of what such product is worth on the open market, which is sort of like the raw fish price at fishing guild (too low and its an incentive to profiteer from unlimited wholesale fish, too high and being in guild isn't enough value, but also the cost of smoked fish needs to move according to how much it costs to make, which I started to address with v14.  I'll explore ways to bring fewer outcomes to food, as its really too many things and I'd rather use those food slots for milk, tofu, soy beans, and things like this.

There is a horrible "paladins cap" worn by agnare the companion that thinks old gods speak to him.  Its really terrible looking, but I can look for others.  I was more interested in toxic code than toxic art, but makes-me-puke is still unnecessary now that we collectively have the right to change anything that needs a change.  If enough people prefer the changes they may yet percolate over to Perisno as well.

Good observations, thanks.

- GS

doomdoging said:
chooseing the troubadour start  breaks the bardic guild as it becomes impossable to become a master of the guild

I'll see if master MEMBERSHIP has some maximum upper limit blocking buying it.  There is the guild MEMBERSHIP level with {none, novice, compagnon, master} and there is guild SKILL level where it roughly has novice 7 or less, then compagnon up to 15, then master, then >20 a title of grandmaster.
The concept was inheritances give up to compagnon MEMBERSHIP, and something else might even drop that, as some things are added AFTER inheritances and they can raise or lower membership in guilds, but SKILLS always stack -- so one adds onto the next.  This lets some combinations get very high in SKILL, with the membership being something bought afterwards.  Generally the master membership is to get discounts on whatever the guild sells AND to (sell) lessons -- (rarely) city faction similar to doing a job for the npc guild master, and up to 400 gold.  The city faction is especially useful.

- GS

doomdoging said:
chooseing the troubadour start  breaks the bardic guild as it becomes impossable to become a master of the guild

This is indeed strange. Tried out a new character with troubadour, and I was normally able to become master of the bard guild.

Sky Warden said:
Anyway, I read someone reported that you can buy tools from guilds and sell them back for better price. I'm not sure if he meant selling them to merchants or the Turn-in thing. I tried buying tools for cheap price and did the turn-in. It says, "Turn-in tools for 2000 denars," and some exp. Lost the tools but I didn't get the 2000 aurums.

Yes, when you're master of the bard's guild, you can buy tools for 300, and turn in 5 sets of tools for the 2000 = 5x300 for 2000.
Even with less discount on tools, as long as it's below or equal to 400, you can buy'n turn in tools forever.

Indeed, when I checked, I didn't get the 2000 gold/denars/aurums either and lost the tools.

gsanders said:
  For the female perisno armor I can't remove it without messing up savegames but I CAN give it a different texture/resource, ideally from one that doesn't have a problem.  So that's a good catch and an easy fix for v15

There is a horrible "paladins cap" worn by agnare the companion that thinks old gods speak to him.  Its really terrible looking, but I can look for others.  I was more interested in toxic code than toxic art, but makes-me-puke is still unnecessary now that we collectively have the right to change anything that needs a change.  If enough people prefer the changes they may yet percolate over to Perisno as well.

Isn't Female Perisno Armor the one that has red cloth under the plate? Oh no you can't remove them. That's my favorite female armor in the game. DX

It worked on the previous version though. If you did change the mesh or texture, just use the old one again. If not then I don't know.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the paladin hood. It was a metal helmet, and it overlaps with the face in such a way that I thought it was a really creepy mask at first. It's not the only helmet that has issues though. Maccavian Marksman's helmet also overlaps with the face. I plan to take a good shot of them today. Weird thing is that they're fine in the default Perisno mod.

Oh anyway, did you tweak with the combat AI? They move really weird when I use the Follow Me command. They keep running from enemies and thus showing their backs and get killed easily.

I got ambushed by bandits when trying to enter Guild area, and defeated them. On the result screen I got my 44XP and 100 Aurums and option to click Continue. Sadly it got stuck there. Every time I click continue I got the rewards again, but the screen remains there.

Back
Top Bottom