Reworked Troop Tree 0.41a for Floris Mod Pack 2.41

Users who are viewing this thread

good to hear, i also had this problem with the patch :wink:

it takes a while to adjust to the big troop trees, but they have much more deep and after a while u feel really responsable for ur units in higher tiers :wink: ...

i try to upgrade my swadian knight banneret in swadian barons, but i can't upgrade the unit, he advance to a new level but i don't see the option to upgrade the unit

Knight if you arer still updating this troop tree, the swadian lancer and veteran lancer have a proficiency in archery of more then 100. Kind of useless for a heavy knight I think. :wink:

im not sure but i thinnk its also in floris TT. its not that important, just look over it. :wink:
but thx for mention.

I think is the best tree

Swadian Baron has much more armor and weapons to choose from
the rest have very little to choose
but it's a great job, thank you very much

me parece que es  mejor arbol

swadian caballero tiene mucho mas armadura y armas para elegir  ,
lo demas tienen muy poco de que elegir
pero es un gran trabajo , muchas gracias

Very Nice! 

I gotta try this out ASAP; i'm particularly interested in trying out the changes to the Nord trees.

Damn I wanted to try this tree but  I get the shaders out of memory crash when using it. I can only assume that this is caused by conflict of 1.43 WB + 2.41 FEMP (Which I know can cause problems in itself  :oops: ) + RTT the same mysterious error appears when using the expanded sounds build too.  I can only hope that 2.5 yields a bumper crop of bugfree aceness.  :mrgreen:

I'm liking the idea of making the factions more unique and defined in weapon usage

With regards the troop codes I have to rely on them greatly for some of the factions these days as at a glance they are not always clear from the name what their function is or weapon choice when upgrading or waying up the odds of battle success as their name in conjunction with extended faction names & titles makes cross referencing a lengthy affair.

MrMalkav said:
Damn I wanted to try this tree but  I get the shaders out of memory crash when using it. I can only assume that this is caused by conflict of 1.43 WB + 2.41 FEMP (Which I know can cause problems in itself  :oops: ) + RTT the same mysterious error appears when using the expanded sounds build too.  I can only hope that 2.5 yields a bumper crop of bugfree aceness.
It is not a bug. Its exactly what it says - you are (i.e. your computer is) running out of memory. Floris needs roughly 2 GB Ram, which means that in most cases people need more than 2 GB RAM overall to run this mod. Should you have a 32 bit system and more than 2GB RAM, you will have to apply the memory fix linked in the FAQ. Should you simply not have more than 2GB RAM then it might get a little bit better in 2.5, but its likely to still mess up. Should you have less than 2GB RAM your chances arent all that great.

Thanks for the reply my rig has 8GB inside and run win 7 64-bit though i will try this memory fix you have mentioned in the FAQ the mod Floris expanded mod for me works fine on it's own but trying to use that with any off the optional extensions (extra sounds or RTT) gives me this:

Q: I can't start the game, since I get the following error just before the game is loaded: 'RGL shaders: Out of video memory', or a likewise error.
Strange but true: this error is caused by the amount of sound effects. If you used a sound addon, it's best to revert back to the sounds used in the mod pack. If you get this error with the mod pack, it's best to revert back to the native sounds. To do this, replace sounds.txt by the appropriate one. That's all.

The strange thing is that this also appears when using FEMP + RTT i did the following tests, I took 2 copies of working FEMP inc 2.41 bug fix

1. FEMP 2.41a = WORKS
2. FEMP 2.41a + RTT =  'RGL shaders: Out of video memory'
2. FEMP 2.41a +  Floris Mod Pack Sound Effects Addon =  'RGL shaders: Out of video memory'

Quite odd that RTT would give you the out of memory crash, but it might be some specific combination that doesnt quite work as well with the ****ty warband engine. The sounds are in fact an annoyance, which will be fixed in 2.5. The problem is that the engine cant handle the .wav .ogg format very well, which is why we converted them all to .ogg .wav.

Either way - sorry for the spam knight and hopefully thinks will work better with 2.5.

Back
Top Bottom