Regimental system

Users who are viewing this thread

This is a introduction on how the regiment system works in ToTSK since the few latest revisions.

If you are a lord of a faction you can then form a infantry or cavalry regiments in your fief. The cost is - 500 gold for infantry regiments, 1000 gold for cavalry. You can form any of the factions regiments as your regiments troop base. However you can not form regiments of other factions.

To form a regiment, you must speak with the local recruiter in your fief. You must have the appropriate money before forming the regiment. When the regiment formed you will be able to recruit your regiment troops from any of your fiefs. Otherwise you will only be able to recruit militia or mercenary troops.

The regiment reserves are reinforced each 3 days. A reinforcement consisting for infantry: 27 base troops, 1 officer, 1 flag barrier, 1 drummer, cavalry: 27 base troops, 1 officer.

The top amount of reinforcements can consist maximum of 600 troops for infantry, 300 for cavalry. In the future it will also take account the troops that are in your parties to count the regimental size.

Loosing the HQ (the fief the regiment was formed in) to another faction will lead to your regiment being destroyed and disbanded.

The same system is applied to lords parties as well.

If you do not form a regiment or you are a fief less bastard you will still be able to recruit militia troops from any of the fief or the mercenaries from the taverns.

I was just playing with the latest updates for the first time and was wondering how exactly this regiment thing works. This sounds brilliant and should put an end to my quarrels with the old system. Much appreciated.

if lord defects from Holland to france and receives a fief, does he make a new regiment?
Also, does this apply to player kingdoms?

You cannot withstand cavalry, you have to heavily outnumber them. No matter what you do cavalry maims your soldiers with even greater success than WB. That's why I suggested that WFAS was a better platform because of more balanced units and firearms already present. Besides uniforms you only have to introduce the bayonets, you have upper pike attack already integrated, it would be something like NW. That's why I play WFAS Advanced now. Good luck! It's a pity that so many good mods are abondoned...

Back
Top Bottom