Recruits differ in level

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just started playing, but noticed that the Ravenstern and Green recruits are both level 1 and the Red recruits are level 5. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I just waned to point it out. I'll tell you what I think of the mod once I actually start playing.

Pladio said:
Hi, I just started playing, but noticed that the Ravenstern and Green recruits are both level 1 and the Red recruits are level 5. I don't know if this is intentional or not, but I just waned to point it out. I'll tell you what I think of the mod once I actually start playing.

Thanks and welcome to the forum Pladio,

Nothing to worry about, this just means the Sarleon troops (RED), give more exp when defeated in combat.  The skills are comparable and it straightens out in the next tier.

Best,

Saxondragon

saxondragon said:
Pladio said:

Thanks and welcome to the forum Pladio,

Nothing to worry about, this just means the Sarleon troops (RED), give more exp when defeated in combat.  The skills are comparable and it straightens out in the next tier.

Best,

Saxondragon

Well not to but, but it also affects training.  It makes the trainer skill pretty useless on the lower levels if low tier troops are of a higher level then they should be.
Nothing serious just thought I should point it out :razz:

I started the game several times now since I don't like losing that much and the game seems quite hard for me. Those bandits are a tons faster than me, including those red bandit people. Any hints or tips ?
I can easily kill the outlaws without losing people and this gives me militiamen but if some other kind of people show up I just die.
Should I keep attacking the outlaws until I get a stronger army or is there some other better thing to do ?

Pladio said:
I started the game several times now since I don't like losing that much and the game seems quite hard for me. Those bandits are a tons faster than me, including those red bandit people. Any hints or tips ?
I can easily kill the outlaws without losing people and this gives me militiamen but if some other kind of people show up I just die.
Should I keep attacking the outlaws until I get a stronger army or is there some other better thing to do ?

Just general play tips.. Altair2 has let the cat out of the bag on how to jump start yourself initially.  Not directly, but it is posted if you look hard enough and think it through.

Avoid the Red brotherhood, focus on outlaws, get some initial recruits and most definitely expect to lose them. This is a difficult mod, and it is intended to stretch our skills.

As a side note, one of the unfortunate side effects of this mod is that other mods that have not buffed up their troops seems too easy now.  :???:

Best,

Saxondragon

Also, use tactics. If you don't, early on, you will continually die.

Have your infantry hold position, flank with cavalry, think while you fight. Don't just let your men charge, or they'll get taken down one by one. I leveled my army by swarming on Heretics with more infantry than their horsemen could handle at once. Once I had skirmishers, and archers, I set up a battle line and let Mountain Outlaws and Raiders charge into a rain of arrows.

Adapt your tactics to your available troops, and things will go much easier for you.

Hi,
saxondragon is there anyway to hid those chest?
they are almost impossible to resist once you know what they have inside..
Cheers

Thanks everyone.
I don't want the mod to become easy, just those general guidelines are already helpful.
I'll just disband some of my recruits to outrun those red bandits for now.

I can't use cavalry yet, since all I have are recruits and militiamen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom