Realistic Native Weapons Size (On EX) Current version is 1.61 (FINAL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kissaki said:
Grossly oversized? You are grossly mistaken. The new version of the M&B "bastard sword" is way too short for a two handed grip. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the original size, for a longsword. My Albion Baron ihas a 95 cm. long blade, 20 cm long grip (26 with pommel and crosspiece), making it overall 121 cm. ...

Well then, what is your gripe? Weapon length in M&B is not a measure of overall length of the sword, but of the blade, plus about 5 cm of the handle. So the sword you describe would have a M&B weapon length of 95+5=100. And the weapon length's I've set is 97...

But a longsword with a M&B weapon lenght of 120 as it was originally would have a 115 cm BLADE alone! There surely existed such weapons - but they would have been rare, not something to represent the "generic" bastard sword.

So I think it is fact you who are grossly mistaken, not I.

Anyway, in the latest version, many weapon lenghts seem to be fixed (I guess Armagan is "grossly mistaken" too, since he set the bastard sword to length 100 too... :wink:) , so the need for this mod has decreased dramatically. Will have a look at the actual stats once the module system comes out and decide wether a new version is called for or not.

There are still oversized swords in .960, like the great and war swords. Looks like some other models are still oversized or don't look right too, like the poleaxe, glaive and the cimitar just to name a few.

The Yogi said:
Well then, what is your gripe? Weapon length in M&B is not a measure of overall length of the sword, but of the blade, plus about 5 cm of the handle. So the sword you describe would have a M&B weapon length of 95+5=100. And the weapon length's I've set is 97...

But a longsword with a M&B weapon lenght of 120 as it was originally would have a 115 cm BLADE alone! There surely existed such weapons - but they would have been rare, not something to represent the "generic" bastard sword.
I was talking centimeters, not the reach value in M&B. I doubt the value used in M&B corresponds to centimeters (certainly NOT if you count on a grip of only 5 cm!). So if it's the M&B values you have a problem with, why not change just those alone? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the visual length of vanilla weaponry.

So I think it is fact you who are grossly mistaken, not I.

Anyway, in the latest version, many weapon lenghts seem to be fixed (I guess Armagan is "grossly mistaken" too, since he set the bastard sword to length 100 too... :wink:) , so the need for this mod has decreased dramatically. Will have a look at the actual stats once the module system comes out and decide wether a new version is called for or not.
Did he change the visual length, too, or did he just rework the numbers? I haven't played the latest version yet, so I wouldn't know. What I DO know, however, is that your blade for the bastard sword is much, much, MUCH too short. That is plain just from looking at it. That is barely the length of an arming sword, much less a hand-and-a-half.

Kissaki said:
The Yogi said:

I was talking centimeters, not the reach value in M&B. I doubt the value used in M&B corresponds to centimeters (certainly NOT if you count on a grip of only 5 cm!). So if it's the M&B values you have a problem with, why not change just those alone? There is absolutely nothing wrong with the visual length of vanilla weaponry.

Actually, I do think that the reach corresponds to centimeters.

When Yogi said +5 centimeters OF the handle, not that the handle was 5 centimeters...

The length in M&B corresponds to centimeters - the length of the blade, and a small part of the handle.

I has an issue with this mod that should be making me gleeful and happy, when I use this mod, well change the module for RCM it says basically that it can't read a horse mesh so then it epic phails and I get sad and backup the module and can't use the mod... oh and I also tried Vanilla also

By the way using Version 0.960

Soo... yea, either I did something wrong because I did what instructions told me to do three times or well hopefully a fix comes soon

DarkknightFXR said:
I has an issue with this mod that should be making me gleeful and happy, when I use this mod, well change the module for RCM it says basically that it can't read a horse mesh so then it epic phails and I get sad and backup the module and can't use the mod... oh and I also tried Vanilla also

By the way using Version 0.960

Soo... yea, either I did something wrong because I did what instructions told me to do three times or well hopefully a fix comes soon

There's your problem.

It clearly says on the download page that it's for .890-.894.

Kissaki said:
Did he change the visual length, too, or did he just rework the numbers? I haven't played the latest version yet, so I wouldn't know. What I DO know, however, is that your blade for the bastard sword is much, much, MUCH too short. That is plain just from looking at it. That is barely the length of an arming sword, much less a hand-and-a-half.

Kissaki, the length stat in M&B IS centimetres. This checks out by meausring a suit of armour with the lenght measuring tool in BRF-edit. It gives you the lenght of a man of about 170-180 cm. The weapons are measured with the same tool to scale with that. So if the correctly sized weapons, to scale with the people in the game looks too small for you, I'm sorry but there is nothing else to say that your visual appreciation is off, probably by some 15-20% or so.

And as Fei Dao said, I said "5 cm of the handle", that is to say the 5 cm of the handle closest to the blade, not all of it.

Also, the length stat and the size of the model must correspond, or either the tip of the weapon will hit without making damage (if the stat is shorter than the model) or it will project an invisible beam of death (if it's longer). There were actually quite a few vanilla weapons in earlier versions were visual and actual lenght were not to scale - that's one of the things fixed in this mod (which is for .894, BTW).

Anyway, since many vanilla weapons are WAAAAY too big in v1.003 (the length 130 twohander is back, among other things), once and if the needed modding tools are available, I'll get cracking on an updated version for v1.003.

Back
Top Bottom