Re: AAR - Desmondes | Chapter 16 posted

Users who are viewing this thread

Bonus material
Screenshots of Heylruk generals #1

As you already see, once in a while I add some off-gameplay chapters as part of Desmondes' past ( in form of dream). But that chapters would be rare, because I knew that is a lot more interesting to read about Calradia.  :smile:
In the last chapter I named a lot Heylruk generals leading the armies against us, so I decided to visualize them and post their pictures here:

* Grenzel of Feiredzuythun:
y164p.jpg

* Hyypernias of Cranuz:
2cfcuwl.jpg

zivk7b.jpg

* Serdarrin the Black:
yo1s8.jpg

* Thaurust the White-Bearded:
1euhp1.jpg

I hope you like them  :smile: Maybe I will add something about their past later.

And of course, expect new chapter tommorow :grin:

Chapter 13 : Honnkslayr
2 August 1257

Dear Diary,

I am in Uxkhal now, having breakfast in a local tavern with my companions. But let me tell you how I got here. As you know, I concluded the secret agreement with Count Delinard, in which I became a captain of his mercenaries. But I experienced much things before I got here. So let's go in order.
After we woke up and had a breakfast in tavern in Dhirim, I decided to ask their guild master if he have some quests for me. Of course he had! He asked me to ransom a daughter of local nobleman from kidnappers. The ransom place was near Sarranian village of Qalyut. We rode out of town and headed to south. During the journey I saw Bold and Marnid arguing, again. They really can not stand each other. Somwhere in plains around Swad-Khergit border we encountered Brula Noyan and his horse archers, who asked me to join Khergits as their mercenary. I disagreed, remembering what I promised to Count Delinard. We continued our journey, but when it got dark, we decided to stay overnight in Weyyah castle. Weyyah castle was Emir Dhaswal's property, and a border fortification between Rhodokia and Sarran lands. Before Dhaswal, Weyyah was in property of his uncle, Emir Kazzuym. How Kazzuym had no children (and was in quarrel with his brother, Emir Nuam), he decided to left the castle to his nephew, ( and Nuam's son) Emir Dhaswal. However, he provided us with a nice welcome and proved that he is the real noble.   

I spoke with him after dinner, about politics and a war. He told me some details about their war with Rhodoks and Khergits.

vox00i.jpg

Next morning we continued more to south, to Shariz. There I decided to use some informations I heard from Dhaswal. He told me who is imprisoned there, locked in dungeons of Sarranid capital. So I ordered to my companions to be ready to leave while I sneaked inside the dungeon and freed Count Tarchias, noble of Rhodoks. We left before someone even noticed that prison guard is sitting there with a sliced throat and that most important prisoner is missing. Count Tarchias thanked me for my 'honourable deed', but after I told him that he is my prisoner now, he promised me that he will impale my head on pike. I laughed on that threat and tied him.

Near Qalyut we encountered the kidnappers. One of them recognized me and told me that we met again. Then I remembered, that was the same band who kidnapped the daughter of merchant in Halmar, that I ransomed near Mazigh two months ago. I was angry, so I ordered my troops to charge. They were superior in numbers, but we were all mounted and better equipped. I drew my sword and swung fiercely, and again and again. In the end, all of them were death or escaped, while only I and Hattieum ( Vaegir knight in my company) managed to stay on the feet. All others were wounded or unconscious. After we took care of them, we shared our loot and took girl with us.
As it was late in the afternoon, we went to a nearbiest city, city of Durquba. There I ordered my troops to go in a tavern while I was going to the castle, to meet Emir Uqais. But Durquba was built with a lot of stairs ( which separate town population from castle), leading up to castle. While I was climbing the stairs, javelin blazed through air and grazed my left arm. Then I saw them, few men looking from the other side of wall at me with prepared javelins, ready to kill me. I quickly drew my sword and started to run towards new stairs ( in order to get close to be able to kill them), avoiding the new javelins thrown at my direction. One of them was standing in front of me, throwing the javelin, but I quickly dodged and cut him down before he was able to pull out the sword. The other was waiting for me behind him, prepared with maul in his arms. As I knew the sword is faster than maul, I swung at the same time like him, and managed to kill him before he was able to harm me. The last remaining one tried to flee, but I caught him and sent on the ground with my sword. I found a purse with money and quickly left the streets ( entering the tavern). While I was laying in bed, I was thinking who would be glad to see me dead.     
The next morning, before leaving Durquba, I sold my share of loot from kidnappers on marketplace. We rode to the north, into Khergit territory. Why? Because I decided to finally deliver a letter from King Ragnar to Tonju Noyan, who was at Uhhun castle at time I got this quest. Only interesting thing during our travel to castle was encounter with Emir Dhiyul, another noble from Sultanate. He was in patrol mission, looking for noyans at the territory between Halmar and Durquba. Finally at Uhhun castle, we found out that Tonju is at Ichamur, in town palace, his residence. We headed towards Ichamur then, passing roots of the mountains, and entering the city at the dawn. But Tonju was not in his palace! Instead of him, there I met Karaban Noyan, who told me that Tonju is patrolling around Distar castle. Distar castle was built on the hill, located between Ichamur and Tulga, but little east. Tonju was patrolling there because Distar was expected to be a new goal of Sultan Hakim and his followers. So we rode towards Distar castle, but encountered another war party at the patrolling. Now it was the Sanjar Khan, in company of his lancers. I asked him about Tonju Noyan, to found out that he rushed to Bulugur, village east of Distar castle. Bulugur was occupied by one of emirs so he rushed to help the villagers. But instead of him, there I found Emir Atis, lord of Bariyye Emirate. That coward ( Tonju), he saw a little bigger war party and he ran away, leaving the villagers alone! While I was patrolling around in search for him, we got ambushed by steppe bandits. But that was their doom, because they did not even touch us, but all of them were cut down. But they killed my horse! Yes, now I was the only unmounted member of our party. And, while my warriors were gathering the loot, Matheld and Ymira pulled out sword on each other. Another fight in my company. This time I was on Ymira's side.
We camped the rest of the night in a nearby forest. But in morning, we were at Tulga, to buy new horse for me. This time I bought a heavy hunter named Cataphult, which cost me 2900 denars. In castle in Tulga I asked Urumuda Noyan if he had some news about Tonju, and he responded me that he recieved letter from him last night stating he was going towards Ada Kulun. I thanked him and gathered my warriors ( they were in, you will never guess - in a tavern, drinking). But during our travel to that isolated, little village, we almost got killed. Although we first recieved a letter from King Graveth ( his scout rode three days just to deliver that letter) in which he offered us 3300 denars for our prisoner, I said to scout that we refuse. But that was a terrible mistake! Soon we were surrounded by five parties of steppe bandits, who threaten they would attack us if I don't gave them a money. I gave them, but they asked more, saying that I must pay to every of their parties. They asked too much so I declined. We were soon attacked by them, almost 100 riders against our little force of 11. I ordered to my warriors to not panic and to just follow me, we circled around killing the enemies in movement. But my men were falling one by one, so soon I was the last man standing (on our side, of course). I tried to avoid their group, engaging just separated members. Although I fought like an lion, I was simply outnumbered. Soon they wounded me and took us all like prisoners. The worst part is that they separated as among their parties, so we were not all together. But after all that fighting, Count Tarchias was set free by them. He joined the scout (from King Graveth), who was watching our battle from distance. Then I figured out! If we accepted money for ransom, they would attack us anyway! They were paid by King Graveth, who offered them our whole party in exchange for Count Tarchias. Of course he didn't told them that Tarchias is noble (or they were simply too stupid to ask).

21az2pl.jpg

But just few hours after we got captured, I and Nizar managed to run away. But we rode just to a nearby hills, to cut down the ropes and to prepare for battle. We were lucky that we were separated into smallest party of bandits, just 13 of them. While they were getting closer and closer in the gallop, I ordered to Nizar to watch my back and directed my horse straight into them. They were surprised and did not managed to our charge. Two horses were without their riders already. Rest of them were trying to took us down with arrows, so we were riding around - avoiding their inaccurate attempts and ending their lifes. In the end nobody managed to avoid our blades of revenge, we took off their equipment and horses and rode north, towards Ichamur. While we were approaching, we saw party of riders entering the city, followed by the sounds of war horns. Tonju Noyan was back home.
Finally there, I sent Nizar to sold our loot and to wait for me in a tavern, while I was riding toward city castle. I left my horse and weapons before entering the lord's hall, to find Tonju drinking wine and talking to Karaban Noyan. I quickly approached to them, gave letter to him and returned back on the air. To be honest, I had no patience to be in their company.
In tavern, I saw Nizar drinking beer in company of - Ymira and Bold! Okay, for Ymira I was sure she was on safe ( because I left her along with kidnapped girl to wait fo us in tavern in Tulga), but Bold! I approached to their table, with surprise onto my face. When he saw me, he smiled and said - "Long time no see, captain."  , Then he explained to me how he, Hattieum and Grogas ( Vaegir knight  and  manhunter) tried to escape, but they got killed in action, so he was the only survivor. He then rode to Tulga, to find there Ymira and kidnapped girl and travel with them to Ichamur. 

Two days later we were back in Dhirim. Only interesting part of that journey was our encounter with medium sized gang of poorly equipped looters. It happened in the twilight of the first day of travel, somwhere in Swadian hills. They have tried to set up an ambush to us, but were little too obvious. In the moment I saw them, smile momentally appeared on my face. I quickly rode forward, riding really fast and pulling out sword in movement. After slicing the throat of nearbiest, I jumped out of saddle in the middle of them, while my three riders were approaching in gallop. But they were not gave up, they tried to kill us anyway. In few moments it was pile of corpses around me. First attacker was killed before he could swing, second tried to parry my attack with his club, but unfortunate for him I swung my sword lower, slicing his unprotected foot. I looked around, the others were running foolishly behind the horses or busy in throwing stones at us. I rushed into that crowd, swinging with sword, cutting through them like knife through butter. I did not used shield or block at all. After I finally finished with them, my bastard sword was whole covered with blood, from hilt to tip of the blade. 

2vv43mh.jpg

Anyway, it was around midnight when were at the city gates. We left girl there and proceeded to tavern, to drink wine until late into the night. However, I spent another night with Ymira in my bed... Next morning I met with guild master, who gave me our reward and thanked. But he did not know that I kept the ransom money, and killed kidnappers instead. 

I also visited local blacksmith and bought thick heather shield with an emblem of lion for 1325 denars. Somewhere around noon, we started another travel, this time to Reyvadin. We were there couple of hours later. At the town gates we encountered King Yaroglek with his Royal guard. He asked me about my debt to him, I was confused because I paid him last time I've seen him. I tried to explain him but he was stubborn. I paid him but insisted before that he sign a document with a proof of that ( I am not stupid, I know that he wants my money). Now I saw his real face, Valdym wa right. He was the same just like his father, cruel King Burelek.
Later I got a quest from guild master to deliuver a cargo of beer to tavern in Halmar. It reminded me that I could take a visit to my brewery in Reyvadin. There I ordered to master brewer to cancel all deliveries to Royal Vaegir brewery, we start producing our own brand of beer from now on. It will be in all taverns in Vaegiralla until next week. When he asked me the name under which we would sell the beer, I responded - Honnkslayr. That was first thing that came to my mind, remembering that fearsome riders from my last dream. 
Next morning we travelled to nearby Curaw. I decided to get more profit before delivering that cargo to Halmar. Near Curaw I encountered Asugan Noyan with his cavarly, he was patrolling around nearby Radoghir castle, now under his command. He asked me to get his nephew out of dungeon in Durquba, I agreed only because I have great respect for him. In Curaw I bought a six large iron bars for a prize of 1250 denars. But instead of getting back to Reyvadin, we proceeded to Khudan, an from there back to Reyvadin. It proved to be a great idea, because Marnid was there in tavern. He rejoined our party as we returned to the capital of Vaegiralla next morning. There we sold that iron bars ( Marnid helped a lot in bargaining the prize) for the profit of 800 denars.

In the noon of 29 July we were at Halmar, delivering the cargo of beer. From there I decided to got out Asugan's nephew out of prison. We just rode to south, passing the Jameyyed pass in the mountains and entering the territory of the Sultanate.

In midnight of that day I sneaked behind the castle to courtyard. There I saw prison guard reclining on the wall. I stretched the bow and shooted, the arrow rammed into his chest, nailing him to the wall. I approached to him, he was still alive but unable to move. But moment later, I finished him off by piercing him with an sword. I entered the dungeon and unleashed Akadan ( Asugan's nephew) Noyan and another one, called Imirza. During our break out we encountered few town patrollers, but managed to slay them before raising the alarm. 
Outside, they thanked me, saying that I saved their lifes because Emir Uqais ( lord of Durquba) got order from Sultan to execute them. We travelled to Khanate together, but then I continued to Vaegiralla alone. In Radoghir castle, I found out from Asugan's wife, lady Chedina that he is patrolling around. And I encountered him, patrolling near bank of Boluk river. He thanked me and hand over 1500 denars. It seems that is standard value for saving a nobles out of prison.

s4nqd4.jpg

Already close to Curaw, we decided to trade in more iron. We bought new six bars, but now for much higher prize - 1650 denars. We carried them back for the rest of the day to Reyvadin, earning profit of 400 denars. In the evening we started our travel to Uxkhal, because it was time to get in service of Count Delinard. We travelled all night, to making stop in Dhirim at morning. After breakfast, we continued toward west.

In a dusk we finnaly got there. I gave my people a day off while I rode to the castle, to report us to Delinard. But his guards did not allowed me to go in, because he was not in there, and because they were not sure if I am Rhodokian spy. I laughed when I heard that, wondering how they can say something like that - because I was Rhodokian enemy number one.
With not much choice, I left the city walls and started searching around, although it was night. I tried to find him, suspecting that he is in patrolling mission. But instead of him, I encountered the infamous Count Haringoth XVI. and his fierce knights. His family was famous for having them as their personal guards, they were the strongest and most cruelest warriors of Swadia. I tried to introduce myself to him, but he said:

- "I know who you are, and I have a job for you. You will collect taxes from my fief, village of Ibiran. And don't mess with me because that would be the last thing you've ever done. Understand?" - he talked in cold, emotionless voice.     

- "Okay, I will do that." I said, not having much choice.

- "Great. Then maybe I would have another jobs for you. I already heard you are good combatant."
he said and smiled, obviously thinking about my duel with his brother.
He was about to leave but then I asked him about Count Delinard.
- "Ah. Count Delinard is being held captive at Yalen. Those wild bastards were defeated him. I swear, I will cut down the head of that fool, Graveth. He thought he can win war against great Kingdom of Swadia, heirs of Alixenus the Great?!" he shouted and rode into the night, followed by others.

I stand shocked few minutes later, watching them dissappearing in shadows. He was indeed egocentric and cunning person, now I really understood why everybody have fear of him. I also felt fear while he was talking.

m76yr4.jpg

Today I got up and decided to wrote this down, in next few days I will try to get out Delinard out of prison. Of course, I would not forget the task I recieved from Haringoth, because that could cost me a head. Cheers.

Bruce  Almighty said:
Excellent chapter, I really enjoyed... What about next chapter? When will u update aar?

:grin:
Hmm, I am glad you like it but I personally think I can write a lot better ( example: chapters 11 and 12)  :neutral:
New chapter... hmm I will try to play for it this night ( after champions league matches :razz: ) and to write it tommorow or on saturday xD

Chapter 14 : From south to north
20 August 1257

Dear Diary,

here I am, again. To make it short, after we finished with breakfast, we were on the road again. I decided to rode to Yalen immediately. So we directed our horses to south, passing near Ergellon castle and entering the Rhodok territory. Although Veluca (one of Rhodok major towns, well known trading route and most important wine exporter. Also known as the only part of Rhodokia with fertile soils) was really near, we decided to finish our journey without any stopping. So, instead to south ( to Veluca), we turned to west, following the mountain. That was maybe the most dangerous road of Calradia, full of bandits and looters. We were forced to change our course several times to avoid several unwanted encounters. However, we rode the whole night, getting near Yalen in morning of next day. 
How I was probably the worst enemy of their kingdom, I was forced to dress up like a poor pilgrim to stay unrecognized to city guards.

On the streets, I walked around, searching the way into castle courtyard. Although I got lost several times, I was finally there.
Their castle was built from the same material as the city walls and almost all houses in town, Rhodokian stone. That stone was taken from Ghornos mountain, great Rhodok mountain located in the heart of Rhodokia. That mountain is their source of food, ores and protection, so they called it the Mother mountain.
Anyway, Yalen, alongside other major cities ( Veluca, center of agriculture and trade; and Jelkala, capital city and the military headquarters), was built more than 700 years ago, before establishment of Calradian empire.
However, after passing the guards and entering the courtyard, I saw stairs leading to great doors of castle. But right of stairs were gates that led into Yalen dungeons, where Delinard was captivated. But he was not there! I asked prison guard, and he replied to me that Swadians and Rhodokians signed a truce, and returned all their prisoners of war to one another, including Count Delinard.

34h9cn7.jpg

I was dissapointed. I travelled to there for nothing. But what can I do? Instead of leaving immediately, I decided to spent some more time there, although I was wanted man. So, firstly I met local guild master, to ask him about some news in world. He recognized me instantly, he was not fooled by my cloth. But instead of revealing me to the guards, he offered me a job. Job was to capture or kill night bandits ( they were robbering the town people under cover of the night, attacking just lone travellers, avoiding big groups and guards. Smart gang). They terrorized the citizens for two months, and I had a five days to catch at least one of them.
So we camped outside the town, on small penninsula southwest of Yalen. There we spent those five days, while I vainly sought for that gang in night. They never attacked me for some reason, although I was alone on the streets and dressed as a pilgrim ( I worn my armour under pilgrim clothes, but they can not know that).
During all that time; I, Nizar and Bold spent mornings in arena of Yalen, participating in melee fights and gaining more preparation for combats in future. Bold and Nizar were really skilled, especially Bold with his ability of dodging and attacking in the same time. In one of melee battles, I got a dagger and bow with arrows as a weapon, but I decided just to use dagger, to test my skills in a close combat. So I was forced to dodge, attack and run away tactic because dagger was too small to be able to block attacks with sword. But I think I had really proven myself, I defeated 11 enemies before being kicked by Bold and his sword ( he was too skilled for me while I was armed just with dagger).

f3tlxh.jpg

While  preparing to leave back to Uxkhal, we were ambushed by Yalen patrol. But they were consisted of villagers and militia, being unable to survive our counter attack.
In Uxkhal I met with Count Delinard in his castle. But he was not there alone, he was in company of another count, Count Rafarch. Rafarch was short, bearded man with small black eyes. Anyway, Delinard asked me to deliver the letter to Boyar Vuldrat in Khudan, while Rafarch asked me to prevent his serfs to run away to Praven ( they wanted to complain about his treatment to them to King Harlaus). I accepted both tasks, because I wanted to prove myself to Delinard, who looked dissapointed ( like he was expecting that I would save him from Yalen, but he did not knowed that I tried).
Serfs of Rafarch were from Nomar, village located just east of Uxkhal. I track them down and ordered them to return to their village, but they were persistent, trying to run away again any time I turned around. So I was forced to escort them to Nomar, but one of their groups ( they were travelling in small groups) managed to Praven while I was not looking.

From guild of Uxkhal, I got task to deliver a goods caravan to market in Wercheg, so I ordered to caravan to follow my lead while I firstly decided to deliver a letter to Boyar Vuldrat. During first day of journey ( to Dhirim), we did not encountered any bandits, but we encountered the nobles of Swadia. Firstly we encountered Count Grainwad ( while he was travelling around the kingdom, gathering recruits for new military campaign), who informed me that Swadians are in war with 3 different kingdoms: Vaegirs, Nords and Khergits. Another count was Meltor, lord of Vyincourd castle, and the last alive male member of his family. He was returning to his castle, to take more warriors with him to battle. He was usually first man of deffence against Rhodoks, but now he left his border fortification to help other nobles on different fronts.

In tavern of Dhirim I met another man I thought is dead - Jeremus! Remember him? He was a doctor in my party, but after he tried to kill me and became a leader instead of me, I left him without any clothes or food in the middle of Sarran desert. But now, almost three months later, he was standing in front of me, alive but still without any equipment. I expected that he would attack me in the moment he spot me, but he was happy to see me. He said that experience of life in desert completely changed his view of the world.

While talking with him about experiences after our last encounter, members of my party were every in different situation. Ymira went to sleep upstairs ( into my room), while Marnid was commenting the prices and other trade stuff with merchants ( from caravan that we must escort to Wercheg). And of course, Nizar and Bold, they were flirting with daughters of tavern owner. I smiled looking at them trying to impress that girls.
After midnight passed, I said goodbye to Jeremus and went upstairs to my room. There I found Ymira, waiting for me, completely naked... Next morning I wake up, but she was not there, probably already went to breakfast. I already forgot the number of nights we spent together in bed, I am really starting have feelings for her. After I put on the armour, I left the room and decided to check the rooms of my warriors. Each room was empty, except Bold's. he was laying in bed with both daughters of tavern keeper.

- " Not bad for one Khergit." - I heard behind me. Marnid was standing there, laughing. Bold smiled to him and winked. I was confused, I always thought he was quiet, lone warrior but he proved he is something more.

In our next stop, in Reyvadin, I decided to visit a castle of King Yaroglek. I expected to meet him there, but expect of him, there I met Boyar Taisa. While approaching to him, I remember our last encounter. Then I gave him back his tax money and left, letting him know that I found out that he hired assassins to kill me. But now was the different story, he gave me his hand and I accepted, we shook hands as old friends ( although that was not usual, more it was weird, shooking hands with noble, just like we are ordinary warriors). He advised me to avoid King Yaroglek and his guards, who is angry at me because our last encounter ( when I insisted that he must create a document in which says I paid him the dept), and he wants to capture me inside city dungeon. I nerveously looked at the guards standing on the door, afraiding they would attack me.

- " Do not worry, those are my warriors. Just stay away from Reyvadin for some time, it was not good fo a man when King is  angry at him. "
  he advised me and wished me luck.

sxjib8.jpg

On streets of Khudan I encountered Boyar Vuldrat with his guards and handed him a letter. We continued to northwest, to escort a caravan to Wercheg. But just in front of Wercheg, caravan was attacked by sea raiders and raided before we could stop them. Another failure.

In next few days I had a quarrel with Jarl Reamald ( who asked me to deliver a letter to one noyan, and I disagreed with that), stayed overnight in Knudarr castle, met with Rafarch and told him that he do not know how to treat his subjects, had a argue with Ymira ( she was shocked how I accepted that job  from Rafarch in the first place) and got a job from Delinard to assassinate the Rulkh Bright ( his captain, who betrayed him during battle with Rhodoks - that led to his capture).

After all that troubles, I finally remembered that I must collect taxes from Ibiran, village of Count Haringoth. There we stayed for 3 days, while villagers peacefully handed over their possessions.

2vlldn7.jpg

Now we are camping at the edge of the forest near Suno now, drinking wine after dinner and preparing to go to sleep. Next day we would go to Haringoth castle, home of Haringoths for almost 500 years. I will write again when I find some time. Good night.

''lying in bed with both tavern keeper's daughters''
I like that :grin:
Excellent chapter, u inspired me to write another one for my aar :grin:

Hey guys,

I am really hoping you didn't forget us.
I am really busy and don't have much time to spend it on mount & blade, but my savegame is waiting rfor continuation.
Will write as soon as possible. Cheers.  :smile:

Bruce  Almighty said:
I have almost finished next chapter. When are you going to post chapter 15? I hope soon...

Hey :grin: ,
you don't have to wait for me, I have ready timeline for (at least) 3 new chapters... :razz:
I would write the next chapter ( which I started writing 40 days ago and never completed) for a weekend. During a week I am busy with school  :???:

Thane_of_Dhirim said:
Bruce  Almighty said:
I have almost finished next chapter. When are you going to post chapter 15? I hope soon...

Hey :grin: ,
you don't have to wait for me, I have ready timeline for (at least) 3 new chapters... :razz:
I would write the next chapter ( which I started writing 40 days ago and never completed) for a weekend. During a week I am busy with school  :???:

Damn your school :grin:
I already played everything for chapter 16 :grin:

Back
Top Bottom