RCC Server Main Thread [Beta 7] [Rules Translation/s added! - Swedish & Italian]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barradin said:
Apologizing is a sign of weakness. Just handle your appeal in a professional manner, put it behind you, and play as you would normally.

I don't see what's wrong with apologizing for the misbehaviour he was banned for by the admins: offending people by a racist slur. The question is wether ''nigga'' in the context which he used is indeed a racist slur.

Often borderline, or indeed just out and out racism is found in the logs after the event, and after the player has quit.
So we log ban, this brings them into dialogue and we explain why, they apologise, they get unbanned. Simples.

Yes there could be a long debate on this and the variants of the nig*** word, not going to happen here because we at RCC quite simply apply zero tolerance to ensure no-one is offended, if a player is found using terms in game they get warned. If it is a clear racial attack then they will be dealt with more severely.

Remember in the real world such things are clearer as context, body lanaguage etc are there.

There are plenty of trolls out there looking for grey areas and to push the boundrys so the most prudent thing to do is just ban all such words.

Elduar_Rhinestone said:
if a player is found using terms in game they get warned. If it is a clear racial attack then they will be dealt with more severely.

Funny how Feijchen got permanently banned in that case.

Even funnier that you chose to quote the irrelevant part, and thus displayed an innate lack of English comprehension or an intentional troll:

Had you quoted:
S0mebody said:
Often borderline, or indeed just out and out racism is found in the logs after the event, and after the player has quit.
So we log ban, this brings them into dialogue and we explain why, they apologise, they get unbanned. Simples.

I guess your troll score would not have increased, he was log banned. That is always, by definition, a permanent ban until appealed. As it was and his ban was lifted.

Hey, no need to call anyone a troll here. I was merely trying to say that while you claimed the use of a term or ''slur'' only results in a warning, Feijchen at first was not able to log in the game anymore, had he not taken action he would have remained banned forever. Can't you talk to the person in game after such an ''incident'' occurs instead of just banning him or her straight away?

Elduar_Rhinestone said:
Hey, no need to call anyone a troll here.
I apologise for that.

Elduar_Rhinestone said:
I was merely trying to say that while you claimed the use of a term or ''slur'' only results in a warning, Feijchen at first was not able to log in the game anymore, had he not taken action he would have remained banned forever. Can't you talk to the person in game after such an ''incident'' occurs instead of just banning him or her straight away?

Trouble is we would need some method of communicating to one of 20+ staff:

Next time this geezer logs on can you give him a bollocking please?
Not likely to happen though, because the staff:
[list type=decimal]
[*]May not read the warning to be handed out list (if we had one)
[*]May not be aware he had logged on, or he could be using a new Alias
[*]Could simply be too busy
[/list]

We use this method, it works, yes it is inconvenient that people have to create an account to apply for an unban, however that is offset (we hope) by them not only getting back into the game, but perhaps also picking up some useful insights from our forums.

Fun time on RCC today! Few sneaky pictures of us.

5F5CCC4ADA46010918F096A70E6C635C432D82E0

ED303C19146327D90D439243C3EA97DD524E83CF

**** you did not add Me and my men killing all four of you. Then you and 2 others that are not important turned into grammar Nazis, It was fun for sure, Thanks for the good time.

1380557 # Mr_De_Koning is banned permanently by Tywel_Fartsmeller.

I don't know that alias by the back of my head, but I will find out so he/she can give you the info you seek.

By the way, this isn't exactly the place to appeal for unban, go here, make an account and apply for unban:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom