Questions. (Post your questions here)

Users who are viewing this thread

With the increase of PM's with questions about Fantasy mod, I thought I'd make this topic.

Nothing's wrong with PMing me, but I thought this might be handier because everyone can read this and it might answer theirs. (And frequently asked questions can be added to the actuall FAQ. :razz:)

So, if you have any questions at all about the mod (or about me, whatever :lol:), this is the place. :smile:

I want sheaths :sad: we NEED sheaths, glued weapons are gay. make sheaths for the duke and stuff. thats best 2 hander ive ever seen.

I mostly don't read FAQ's for Mods. Dang, I hate people asking stupid questions in the TLD subforum, but I'm just about to do the same here :wink:
Is there any war system yet? do I just kill alliance guys all the time. I have to note that they are constantly kicking horde's green ass. There are like 15 war alliance parties and me and only two horde parties. After like 20 days. Alliance already has better troops (good swords, good skill. Even poorly armored troops can hack my trolls to pieces) and them swarming two 120 horde parties to a 540 vs 240 battle always ends with the horde's defeat even if I interfere...
Gosh, this may belong to the bugs/balance thread...

people in"medieval" settings didn have sheaths ? so they carried there weapons in there hands or GLUED them to there backs ? even fantasy doesn't stretch that far

Sheaths : These will be eventually done. It's just ALOT of work so I figured I'd do it like this so I could release earlier and so you guys could play earlier.
Like I said, I guess I'll have to do it eventually, but currently I'm very busy with bugs and adding the rank system. (Same goes with the shields. They're alot of work so for now I left them out.)

Talking about the rank system brings me to Merl's question -- Currently there is not really a war system. Only the occasional war parties of the trolls that go and attack some alliance war parties, but thats a temporarely and very simplistic solution I did to just get some fighting going on. I've also playtested a little and I noticed I must've really went wrong somewhere. The average alliance war party starting party size is 60. The trollish war party starting size is 40. This should've been the other way around. :razz: I must've been tired when I did it and mixed up the two.. Will fix and also added to the bug list

I'm currently very much busy with the rank system wich automatically comes with the economic system and the build system, as well as pretty much IS the war system since to increase ranks you'll need 'heroicness' points and those are gained by fighting enemy parties. (Or doing the warcamp quest etc.)

To give you an idea,
Defeating Troll war party : +15 (heroicness)
Defeating caravan : +10
Defeating smaller parties (including barbarians  : +5 or slightly higher
Destroying the warcamp : +100

Neccesary points for ranks go as follows

50-recruit
100-Soldier
200-Knight
300-Grandmaster Knight
500-Officer
750-General
1000-Commander <- Enables build system and thus economic system

For each rank, the weekly wages are equivalent to the neccesary heroicness. So a general's weekly wages get 750 denars/week
An Gransmaster Knight gets 300denars/week etc.

Don't worry if some of this stuff sounds way unbalancing. I'll be implenting it like that and I'll be doing alot of balancing to get it just right.

I'm also currently right in the middle of scripting this. It's alot of work but I'm managing up untill now. You can already get excommunicated from the Headquarters if you threathen the Grand Admiral (the guy that grants you the ranks) or you piss of some guards. I've also implented the basic rank values and wages etc. so everything is going good.

Uhh, this is probably just me being dense, but is there a posted troop tree?  Because I have no clue which units to get and who does what in the end...

There is no posted tree, no, but there is information on the Alliance side factions and what they focus on. The trollish part is pretty straightforward too.
To save you some trouble of checking ingame, I'll just write some guidlines down here :

For alliance =

GotT troops :
low tier = infantry one hander + shield
high tier = two hander (infantry)
And medium cavalry (You can simply chose a infantry tree and a cavalry tree.)

PotF troops :
low tier = infantry, one handers + shield
high tier = infantry, polarms, pikes, spears etc.
No cavalry

KotA troops =
low tier = infantry, one handers + shield
high tier = Cavalry with one handers and shield
Strong cavalry.

Elves :
low tiers = varied infantry (Bows + one handers + shield / two hander)
High tier = skilled archers and melee (infantry)
Good cavalry but not many

Trollish faction =
Trolls :
low tier = infantry with random weapons.
high tier = strong infanty with random weapon (the tree splits in either swords and stuff or spearmen)
Also good spear throwers & axe hurlers
No cav.

Orcs =
low tier = unskilled archers with random crappy weapons and shields
high tier = skilled archers with random crappy weapons and shields
Medium/Strong cav (The only cavalry in the faction)

Minotaurs =
low tier = 2 handers + alot of power & speed
high tier = 2 handers + alot of power & speed + better ironflesh
No cav

Will you update Animal mounts to not make horse sounds?

And, any chance on updated Minotuar-Tree-Beast bodies? So they're not a cow with a sword?

Probably a stupid question, but is the elven bow meant to be so damn inaccurate? It's speed is 150 which should mean it's ridiculously faster than any other bow and hence way more accurate.. but instead with some odd 170 archery I can never get the reticle even close to fully joined (as in..fully accurate aim). If I try to do horse archery with 4 ranks in riding and HA both it just gets worse. Now I know that bows got nerfed in general in 8xx but this bow in particular seems a lot more inaccurate than say, the war bow. Is this deliberate? Since it's such a powerful, damaging bow? Or am I just missing something?

There is a rank system being implented in one of the following versions. Read the 7th post in this thread or better yet, check and read the original Fantasy mod thread to learn about the systems I'll be implenting.

Yeah but you said that we can already get excommunicated if we threaten the Grand Marshal
You can already get excommunicated from the Headquarters if you threathen the Grand Admiral (the guy that grants you the ranks)

No, I meant I'm currently working on the scripts for it and you can already get excommunicated.

As in, I've arleady implented/finished that for the next version. (not the bugfix, but the next big version)

Back
Top Bottom