Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

thomasNL01 said:
The mod is still in alpha, so, of course, there are still points that need improvement, like a better troopline for player advancement.
I remember I played the Free Lancer mod once and they offered me a job of a warrior or a huntsman.

thomasNL01 said:
it depends on the troop tree of the mod.
Freelancer standalone uses the native trooptree.
Blue Blood uses a smaller troop tree.
Damn. Thanks for the answer, anyway.

urugamer said:
how the AI recruitment work? same as player? including hire mercenaries and Personal Retainers?
Yep - not entirely sure about mercenaries, but they will have to raise their levy, which will disperse after 3 weeks like your own. They will also hire retainers from their castles, should they have any.

Dorrin said:
Thanks Udud, that is a great idea for the business system.

Another question: The ingame notes for Custom Commander mention a ranger Avantis who sells mercs where you can customize their equipment but i cannot find him in the taverns and the travelers in taverns say they do not know his whereabouts. Has this guy been removed or does he pop in at a set game time?

Hi Dorrin, nobody has fully answered your question yet....But this information below was recently given by ThomasNL01, it is very interesting.

thomasNL01 said:
no, he can get you freelancer troops.(have nothing to do with the freelancer mod)
They are custom troops, and their equipment is fully customisable.(but only with the stuff they got to begin with.

I have never come across this character "Avantis" myself however...  I don't even have a clue where to find him.

I play M&B for a very long time and i can say that your Mod is probably the BEST! I love the historical accuracy and your understanding of middle ages social mechanics. Please develop it as much as you can!

My question is about the castles, more specifically about the kinds of castles. As far as i have seen there are only 3-4 castles in your mod, 1 wooden and 2-3 from stone, which are from the native. But they are very small and leave a bad feeling when i play sieges. Although i remember that native had more kinds of castles, so i dunno probably is my pc's fault. Is there any way that i can insert different and bigger castle shapes?? I searched the community, found some packs and different mods but couldnt achieve anything.
Thanks in advance :grin:

Nile said:
I play M&B for a very long time and i can say that your Mod is probably the BEST! I love the historical accuracy and your understanding of middle ages social mechanics. Please develop it as much as you can!

My question is about the castles, more specifically about the kinds of castles. As far as i have seen there are only 3-4 castles in your mod, 1 wooden and 2-3 from stone, which are from the native. But they are very small and leave a bad feeling when i play sieges. Although i remember that native had more kinds of castles, so i dunno probably is my pc's fault. Is there any way that i can insert different and bigger castle shapes?? I searched the community, found some packs and different mods but couldnt achieve anything.
Thanks in advance :grin:
Well - there are plans to include custom scenes in the future. But they have to be made first  :smile:. Anything you want to implement yourself - well that means quite some work. Check the Forge http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,64.0.html. You are very welcome to scene - but in historical borders...

I need to figure this out... How do I remove the minimap that is always present during battles?

Great mod I'm probably not going back to vanilla, but it's a ***** fighting close quarters with the minimap, I'm so unused to having anything on screen and it gets way too cluttered during big fights. I read custom commander options had the choice, but how do I access them? At the main menu or do I have to open a certain file?

Shimmmeh said:
How do you get more vassals for your kingdom??
You need to have your Right to Rule, Honour(For some lords), Renown, Persuasion skill and Relationship with the lords to be high enough for them to join. Then, there is also their relationship with their current ruler.

Grungo said:
I need to figure this out... How do I remove the minimap that is always present during battles?

Great mod I'm probably not going back to vanilla, but it's a ***** fighting close quarters with the minimap, I'm so unused to having anything on screen and it gets way too cluttered during big fights. I read custom commander options had the choice, but how do I access them? At the main menu or do I have to open a certain file?
You access them by the camp menu in-game.

Ahh I got it thanks a lot I kept blocking as if arrows were coming at me whenever I noticed movement on the map haha

Nobody answered in the bug report topic so I'm wondering if any of you know how to fix the bug where you can't join battles? I only have the option to leave without picking a side when I join up, even if I'm a merc, vassal, or bandit. My allies/friends will help against bandits, but the only way I can fight is as a soldier.

I propose the idea that if Deserters can form up into HUGE hoards,  then mabe it should be possible to ask my King to "Go to war with the deserters"  Or at least be able to convince the current Marshall that we should gather our forces and concentrate on removing the deserters from our lands.

Sometimes, (Not all the time) .... I'm being chased by a Hoard of Deserts (But they are ONLY fixated on me)  They run past and right through other lords (but ignore them) and only want me.   

I find that strange, why sometimes they "only" want me and other times they will jump on another lord? 

I'm just curious about this.  Mabe it should be when deserters parties form, they have a "Timer" (set number of days) before they disband?

Hi, guys.
First of all, love the mod, especially the recruitment system.
Now, why did you remove two-handed swords and sabres?
And, notion, is it just me, or are all the castles made so you can't "join a feast" ( staircase ends in a wall)?

Back
Top Bottom