SP - General Putch

Users who are viewing this thread

Lornloth00

Knight at Arms
How about the use of the word 'putch'? Since there are rebellions maybe the word 'putch' could be used to describe them in dialogue. Its such a striking word at least to us English speakers that it seems useful in making Bannerlord more fun. There was the recent Wagner putch and the coups through out the Sahael of region of Africa. In many of the news stories the word 'putch' is used so again it would make the game more interesting if it used this striking word.

I´m not english nor have English as my native language. Putch seems to be a synonum to coup. Were they really using any of these words during mediveal warfare/politics - where you rather "usurped" or "conquered" titles or territory than couped/putched the government.

Again, correct my if I´m wrong and learn me how properly use the different terms.

yeah a putsch implies a sort of overthrow or a coup in a manner that really only comes into possiblity when institutions are solidified, and bureaucratized enough that they can withstand a sudden and likely violent change in the heads of state.. doesn't really work in the kind of clan based system that doesn't have those sort of institutions without having overwhelming military superiority to a degree that would probably cause the faction to just split.

Back
Top Bottom