Prophesy of Pendor Version 3.0 Status Update

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheHorse: When you join an Order, you get a full set of their armor, as stated in the FAQ.  I think that's a pretty good benefit, don't you?

Your actions as you play dictate whether or not the various Orders dislike or like you.  If your relations with them are favorable, they won't spawn bands of Order knights that attack you, your villages and caravans. 

I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't a good enough benefit, if that's how it sounded.
I do wonder, though(and I know this wasn't in the FAQ, as I've read it thrice. Okay, I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the FAQ), will companions that are deserters of Orders(Such, as, who was it, Sir Rayne? Or some other fellow) still join you if you are of the order they're fleeing from?

@TheHorse: If Sir Jocelyn, Sir Rayne, Sir Roland or Sir Alistair are already in your party, they should stay with you unless they don't like some of your other companions or you do things they object to.  I don't think their presence in your party affects your Order relations and they are not able to object to your forming any Order - I am quite sure of the latter.

OF GENERAL INTEREST, AS WE HAVE RECEIVED BUG REPORTS OF TYPOS WHICH ARE NOT TYPOS:

While writing for PoP 2 and PoP 3, I made something of a study of medieval words still understandable today, and even found that some are still in use today.  These are not typos, and I'd recommend looking up a word you don't understand before making a bug report about a perceived "typo."  (Examples: "choused out of" for "screwed out of"/"alack" for "alas"/"whinging" for "whining."  These examples are medieval English and are not typos.)

Heh! From now on if someone thinks he has discovered a "typo" , he will have to do some research before posting it , just in case its actually correct in medieval English.
That's a most sinister way of making others share , even for a small part , your interest (i could go as far as call it a passion) in England's medieval language.
I concur! :cool:

So in other word and considering the aditional variety that comes with different dialects (as well as the fact that this a a work of fiction) there shouldn't be any more typos in PoP 3.0 (I have high confidence in the dev team and testers).
So as long as one can more or less guess what something means out of the context the dialog is OK.

HaHa, I didn't promise "no typos" - I just wanted to make sure that some of the perceived "typos" were explained.  We also fixed most of the more egregious Native typos, grammatical errors and malapropisms.  There is no such thing as a typo-free string, though the PoP 3 string and dialogs have been gone over more times than we can count!  Another overlooked one invariably pops up! :oops:

Edit: Fix typos

In order to demonstrate my general newbness to this forum, I shall ask the following flame-prone question.

Is this mod for Warband or normal M&B?

-Wears flame-proof pants and braces for impact-

I know this mod is extremely well-known but i being a new player that started this few months don't know about it personally.

@Paradoxis:  http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,124716.0.html

Please consult Section 2 in the FAQ - if you did not read the FAQ yet, please do so before playing PoP 3.  It will help you play this mod and not get killed in the first five minutes, as well as answering other "n00b-ish" questions. :grin:

HaHa, I didn't promise "no typos" - I just wanted to make sure that some of the perceived "typos" were explained.  We also fixed most of the more egregious Native typos, grammatical errors and malapropisms.  There is no such thing as a typo-free string, though the PoP 3 string and dialogs have been gone over more times than we can count!  Another overlooked one invariably pops up! :oops:

Edit: Fix typos
I see you do that a LOT. For every time I get here, there is a change to the FAQ, but unless a new thing is added I can rarely figure out what changed  :smile:

Paradoxis said:
In order to demonstrate my general newbness to this forum, I shall ask the following flame-prone question.

Is this mod for Warband or normal M&B?

-Wears flame-proof pants and braces for impact-

I know this mod is extremely well-known but i being a new player that started this few months don't know about it personally.

No, this is a M&B mod only. The Warband version will come out in a few months time. If you are new to the forum, there is an easy way to know which mod is for Warband and which isn't. Warband and M&B mods are located in DIFFRENT subforums (named ''Caravanserai (Warband)'' and ''Cartographer's Guild (Mount&Blade)'' respectively).

@MadVader - done.

@SXIII - part of it was just fixing some formatting goofs - I just added the complete credits for voice acting, weapons-making, music, coding, etc., updated as of today, though.

Thanks for the info, I will eagerly await this mod as it seems to me the only mod that gathers my attention asides Diplomacy which is imo an excellent addition to warband. I saw this topic from my [Show unread posts] section so i didnt really see which category it was.

Thanks for entertaining my humble question.

I sense playing dual mods and living double fantasies. This might stretch my inept mind to its limit, quite possibly removing my sanity in the process. Please do ignore any incoherent babble should i start any in the future when PoP is released for M&B Warband

saxondragon said:
Nameless Warrior said:
saxondragon said:
Tsunami said:
question: what are the requirements to join a knighthood order? i am thinking that it is honor related. but i am not sure

You need the same abount of honor to create the order, and..you have to duel an order member and win 1:1

Best,

Saxondragon

That is just quality. If you lose to the knight is that it forever or is there a time delay before you can challenge them again?

Woops.. my bad.  We had a change there .. you have to defeat three knights of the order to be admitted.. and you can try until you succeed.. but once you succeed.. you can never try with any other order.

Best,

Saxondragon

Damn! I wanted to be greedy and have both the Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet and Knights of the Clarion call in my service. Decisions, decisions.

cniht said:
Release date is the same as Star Craft 2.  :wink:

Damn it.

Who here plays Starcraft anyway? *Shrug*
I thought those people at Blizzard quit that project because it was like really unpopular and crappy and stuff.
*sigh*

@Nameless Warrior;
Go with the bunnies. You just can't go wrong with them. I mean, try and imagine a better distraction than a cute sweet pink bunny left in the middle of the battlefield.Even one should give you enough time to flank and backstab like ten enemies.Knights of the Pink Fluff they are!
YOU CAN EVEN LAUNCH THEM WITH ARBALETS! YES!

~Ãbyss

You can still own more than one Order (Though if they are wat war with each other you will have a hard time keeping them amicable), however in PoP3 you may actually join an Order yourself - it is this which you may only do once.

Ãbyss said:
cniht said:
Release date is the same as Star Craft 2.  :wink:

Damn it.

Who here plays Starcraft anyway? *Shrug*
I thought those people at Blizzard quit that project because it was like really unpopular and crappy and stuff.
*sigh*

~Ãbyss

Starcraft is actually the game that changed rts games. the first starcraft made over 100 million dollars and is still selling. it came out in 1998. many people absolutly loved starcraft. in Korea, it is like baseball in America, their national pastime. there are set tv channels in Korea that monitor starcraft matches every day. blizzard spent a whopping $100 million on the games development, and like its predecessor, 1 million copies have all ready been preordered. i dont understand why it is not popular..the game is the game of the summer according to most critics and many believe blizzard will become supa rich from the sales of this game; and the sequels that will follow (as stated by blizzard because starcraft 2 will be split up into 3 games containing a different campaign per race for each.

I used to like to use the Silvermist Rangers, but I stopped using them because after I set up the order it seemed that just about every castle that I attacked had about 10-20 of them inside, and they were causing serious damage to my attacking forces. Does that still happen in POP 3.0? Do the orders that you have set up start appearing in castles throughout the realm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom