Prophesy of Pendor Dev Update Board (UPDATED 12/08/15)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new items are amazing! Congrats to the dev team. But news about some gameplay modifications? Because I don't think the future 3.7 version its all about polishing items, right?  :wink:

well yes visual upgrades are always welcome , additional weapons and armors , but adding new features into story is also as much important. Changing scenario by widening it. preventing the mod become monotonous , Adding excitement to start a new game all over. some little touches like this would change the feeling of the player also. cosmetic changes effects the battle ground atmosphere , scenario changes the feeling before and after the battles.

cristi77 said:
The new items are amazing! Congrats to the dev team. But news about some gameplay modifications? Because I don't think the future 3.7 version its all about polishing items, right?  :wink:
You also have to consider that they don't get payed for this, they do it in their own time, and some of the people that were involved in a lot of it have 'real life stuff' to do as opposed to this.

Honestly I think it's crap they don't get payed for it in some way, because I've probably spent more time on this mod than on most other games combined, but that's just me.

cristi77 said:
This update is all about polishing some... er... spears.
But it's nice to see people asking for gameplay anyway. Maybe if there's enough interest in gameplay something can be done by the 3.7 release date. A lot can be done in a couple of years. :razz:

MadVader said:
Maybe if there's enough interest in gameplay something can be done by the 3.7 release date. A lot can be done in a couple of years. :razz:

GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY GAMEPLAY!!  :party:  :party:

Actually, I'm not asking for much...
*A small faction bump (or AI tweak) for the Ravenstern, so they actually matter.
*Some more options/interactions with the Noldor, if possible other minor factions too.
*1-2 more heartbeat quests
*More random events while travelling
*More rune weapons, balanaced rune weapons (ruby needs a small bump now)
*More companion stories, dialogue and maybe even quests.

And lastly...
*Triple CKO upgrade time and disable any custom tweak that shortens it!!  :fruity:

I can't praise you guys enough. PoP is probably my favorite mod ever, I've sunk countless hours in it and am still nowhere close to finishing a campaign (granted, I play rather slowly). What other MB mod features such obscenely powerful units, or  allows you to get so insanely strong via liquid gem injections that you can take on entire armies single handedly? On top of that, you can even create your own customized troop of battlefield demigods. I'm very excited to hear that this mod is still in development, and would like to lend any help I could.

Have you considered putting a page up on Patreon?

fidoman1272 said:
cristi77 said:
You also have to consider that they don't get payed for this, they do it in their own time, and some of the people that were involved in a lot of it have 'real life stuff' to do as opposed to this.

Honestly I think it's crap they don't get payed for it in some way, because I've probably spent more time on this mod than on most other games combined, but that's just me.

Could always to Patreon like was mentioned, or a kickstarter/gofundme page.  That's if the devs of the mod want to keep working on it even after raising money for it

MadVader said:
cristi77 said:
But it's nice to see people asking for gameplay anyway. Maybe if there's enough interest in gameplay something can be done by the 3.7 release date. A lot can be done in a couple of years. :razz:

I'm trying my best!

AlphaOmega said:
fidoman1272 said:
cristi77 said:

Could always to Patreon like was mentioned, or a kickstarter/gofundme page.  That's if the devs of the mod want to keep working on it even after raising money for it

Not going to happen. Most of the dev team has moved onto other projects or moved on in general. We don't want money and we can't accept money. A major reason is we use assets from musicians and artists and they gave permission for their work, as long as we don't profit from the mod.

Note to everyone: suggestions should be in the STICKIED suggestion thread. This is for discussing the current posts or asking any questions.

I definitely wouldn't mind a "maintenance" version that fixes bugs and goes over things for a balance and smoothness pass. There's a couple of things I'd describe as a bit "wonky" that could be changed or fixed without a huge amount of time. I'll post something to the suggestions thread a bit later with a few specific examples.

MitchyMatt said:
MadVader said:
cristi77 said:

I'm trying my best!

AlphaOmega said:
fidoman1272 said:
cristi77 said:

Not going to happen. Most of the dev team has moved onto other projects or moved on in general. We don't want money and we can't accept money. A major reason is we use assets from musicians and artists and they gave permission for their work, as long as we don't profit from the mod.

Note to everyone: suggestions should be in the STICKIED suggestion thread. This is for discussing the current posts or asking any questions.

Makes sense

I would like to make a bunch of gameplay suggestions!

Just kidding...

things are looking very nice.  Very nice indeed.

Well gameplay update is surly needed. Well as a refreshment.

New diplomacy mod is looking great for example, you can always update diplomacy.
Ask around for some new item permissions from other mods perhaps , and some other models, like villages and cities.

Or expanding economy. With bit of work, you can make rudimentary chain production/demand that are focus on player, giving more reason to pay attention at trade. For balance reasons. And ofc AI work.

Im talking about input/output of goods that applies only to the player. As your kingdom grows , naturally you would want to know how citizen fairs. But all of that is just wishful talking, like brainstorming ideas, maybe some will stick, eh?

New troop trees,meh, not really. Those are easily self made.

Maybe expanding map a bit, adding 2-3 cities or strongholds, like that Noldor one, except maybe for Barclay , or something.

Pendor have great lore, but its kinda limited on the gameplay side.

Blackeye Vuk said:
Well gameplay update is surly needed. Well as a refreshment.

New diplomacy mod is looking great for example, you can always update diplomacy.
Ask around for some new item permissions from other mods perhaps , and some other models, like villages and cities.

Or expanding economy. With bit of work, you can make rudimentary chain production/demand that are focus on player, giving more reason to pay attention at trade. For balance reasons. And ofc AI work.

Im talking about input/output of goods that applies only to the player. As your kingdom grows , naturally you would want to know how citizen fairs. But all of that is just wishful talking, like brainstorming ideas, maybe some will stick, eh?

New troop trees,meh, not really. Those are easily self made.

Maybe expanding map a bit, adding 2-3 cities or strongholds, like that Noldor one, except maybe for Barclay , or something.

Pendor have great lore, but its kinda limited on the gameplay side.

Ok, first of all, this is an update thread, the STICKIED suggestion thread is nearby this one. That's where suggestions go.

1. You can always update diplomacy, no you really just can't. It takes time to code, and I'm not even a coder. Adding something into PoP's base core source could instantaneously mess everything in the game up. It's not a simple copy and paste, and if it were, it was meant for Native, not a mod that already has extensive coding.

2. No one has to trade, as it is an optional course to acquire currency. Supply is somewhere, demand in another, simplistic enough to do and play with.

3. New troop trees? You mean possibly connect troops via tree like Barclay Lancer to Barclay Conquistador? There are reasons why this isn't implemented, as it's to prevent the player from getting hordes of these unique units to dominate with them and moments notice. Can you get them? Yeah, but not easily as it should be.

4. Map is big enough with enough strongholds to accommodate the Lords/Factions using them. Barclay can't just pop a city out of thin air on Pendorian soil, it's impractical and there's no reason to put one in. Why do you think Elcarai is hidden? Because it would be sieged and taken, that's why the player is the only human to ever (eventually) get there and that trust can easily be betrayed by attacking it on one's own course.

5. How is it limited? There's plenty to do and dozens(?) to hundreds(?) of hours to invest in mid to late game. This includes Knighthood Orders, one, if not he only mod to introduce this, spawn hunting for qualis gems, items, unlockables, and tons of things to do when invested as King. This isn't Skyrim where you can do literally almost anything you want. PoP is going to be limited, but those limits are miles away with the player standing in the middle. Do as one pleases but remember there are boundaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom