Prisoner Execution Game Logic and a Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Hero07911010

Regular
I made a video discussing the game logic of Executing Lords. I detail what happens to the player when they execute a Lord.
In the process of making the video I found a bug. The bug details starts at the 6 minute mark. I described the bug and what is causing it. The fix would be as simple as deleting a line of code. But, there may be a reason for that line of code that I'm unaware of, a "big picture" reason for it.

So... what was the bug and what was causing it? (I am not going to watch anything posted on YouTube) Just type it out!

I personally was very disappointed with how the execution relation penalties were implemented in the game :???: It never seems worth it to me, on any character playing any possible role.

So... what was the bug and what was causing it? (I am not going to watch anything posted on YouTube) Just type it out!

I personally was very disappointed with how the execution relation penalties were implemented in the game :???: It never seems worth it to me, on any character playing any possible role.
That's the point of it. You need to decide if it's worth it. It shouldn't be "free" to execute everyone.
If you want to be the most hated Lord in the game, that's one way to do it.

Pitting an extreme penalty to executions is a good thing.

But imo there should have been a "justification" mechanic which involves special circumstances in which you could execute certain people but the rest of the world would see it as justified action.

Pitting an extreme penalty to executions is a good thing.

But imo there should have been a "justification" mechanic which involves special circumstances in which you could execute certain people but the rest of the world would see it as justified action.
This would be interesting. Maybe not everyone would see it as "justified" but most would. Friends may not/should not let it slide.

Even with the penalties to all lords, it doesn't matter, executing everyone in sight is the best way to reduce (it's still a massive, massive grind given the insane amount of extra young lords/ladies that will become adult as years go by) the tedium if you aim to conquer the whole map.

It doesn't matter both because it trivialize the difficulty in achieving it and because having such severe penalties with everyone doesn't have any real impact on the gameplay at all. Plus if you need at some point to raise the relationships all you need to do is fight the lord/lady and release them instead of making them your prisoners. Takes maybe 4 times or so to go back from -100 to 0.

If anything there should be a system that should give you an acceptable reason for executing someone, like having raided your fiefs multiple times by looting/killing the population in simplistic terms. If there was anything else to do in the game during peace times there could have been more reasons (such as adultery for example).

Otherwise being able to execute freely like this, feels like having an easy mode cheat code since once you get to a certain stage of the game, I never lose a battle anyway (by fighting only the battles I know I'll win until I become so powerful that nothing is a match anymore).

Edit: I had missed kweassa's post, basically what he said. That's the only way executions would make sense.
The only other one that is currently "justified" by default is the execution of rebels, and the AI does execute them indeed, although I wonder why we still get (as a player) penalties for executing them when the AI doesn't. Probably wouldn't matter either way, but in this case the player shouldn't lose any at least for rebels.

Edit 2: I am adding something that I have noticed while playing myself: if you have your own faction and you execute lords from a different faction, you'll still lose relations with your own lords, but only if they are neutral or honorable. If you have in your ranks a devious lord, they don't seem to care whether you execute the whole calradia.
Not that it seems to matter anyway, it doesn't seem like lords in my own faction that have a -100 relationship with me can actually defect, or at least it hasn't happen in my game where I went on from a couple of fiefs to owning the whole calradia.

Last edited:
There's no real interesting gameplay 'penalty' to it. Just the negative modifiers that you can easily make back up; not that it had any major impact anyways politically/diplomacy.
Maybe if executions had a permanent effect (ie instead of max 100 relation, caps at 90/80/etc...) for the lord/clan and their owned fiefs/recruiting from them, always voting against you, never joining armies you're in/calling, etc...that would be interesting. Maybe even allow it to go to the negative, a 'they leave or I leave kingdom' situation, assassins, join enemy kingdom, allow clan feud war outside kingdom wars, etc...You know, gameplay stuff.
Instead, it's just an annoying banner that pops up on screen every few seconds for 5 minutes, that's really it.

Executions became completely useless with the introduction of kingdom destruction. Now it's way more convenient to just conquer all enemy fiefs (which you're going to do anyway) instead of chasing down 60+ enemy nobles.

So executions now is just another of many, many worthless mechanics that do not affect the gameplay in any meaningful manner.

Executions became completely useless with the introduction of kingdom destruction. Now it's way more convenient to just conquer all enemy fiefs (which you're going to do anyway) instead of chasing down 60+ enemy nobles.

So executions now is just another of many, many worthless mechanics that do not affect the gameplay in any meaningful manner.

Again, it's a good thing.

Every game, needs a player on the other side of the board. When you start assassinating the other players to just deny them the competition on the board without severe consequences, there's no point to playing the game at all.

well, you can execute to make game much easier or less annoying for yourself...
- easy, because of elimination best and powerful lords, so kingdoms are left with young and useless (even those ''created'' by game) knights, who never make an army or any treat to anyone
- annoying, because of game mechanics witch create out of nowhere big parties or armies in few moments... if lords stay alive

...so, whatever you do, you doing to enjoy the game

ps. in same stage of game, who cares about relations?

Thats why the game needs hard scripted personalities and the ability to sway or scheme public opinion on other lords. Also, IF the game had Ambushes, it should significantly increase the odds of a revenge killing

Back
Top Bottom