Post your desktop!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

That's actually the first keyboard that we had at a PC at home, and probably the first keyboard that I've ever been in contact with. It's a Compaq KB-9963, an earlier one, manufactured between 1998 and 2001 (can't've been 2002, as we bought it in 2001). I've never felt compelled to replace it, as it still works perfectly, and feels much better than any newer keyboards I've tried. I'm pretty sure it's not a mechanical one, but it operates quite like one, with some audible feedback and some key resistance - not too much, mind you.
However, its old age shows: as you can see in the picture, half of the keys are wierdly yellowish. It's not filth, and no amount of scrubbing can fix it, so I suppose it's a result of an aging process. It's still a bit odd that only some keys are yellow, but whatever, this makes it unique. :razz:
Obviously, it's got a PS/2 connector, but I've found it a lot more reliable than PS/2 mice ever have been for me, and there doesn't seem to be any concrete evidence that a PS/2 keyboard is worse than a USB one; most seems to point out that having a PS/2 keyboard is in fact better.
Also, it's got those shortcut keys on top, with icons on a blue strip of paper(?) that you can replace. I was able to use the keys, and rebind them to whatever I wanted, using the specific driver (on XP, untested on newer OS-es). But that's pretty awesome, no?

In any case, I like it. Intend to keep using it until it gives up the ghost. :grin:

frontier_buccaneers_by_johnsonting-d8ctukd.jpg

Not on desktop, but its the image I use

According to the artist, its a scare tactic, these guys are pirates, striking disabled ships, all you'd see in the dark is the holo-skull talking to you, freaky.

And yeah, I am rather a fan of skull faced people (see: Death Korps Grenadiers).

I actually thought of an old HFY story* before I realized it's a projection.
(*Empties.)

Edit: Actually, against any sort of disciplined defenders, those guys would probably suffer terribly from pretty little headshots.

Back
Top Bottom