Post items you would like in AOC II (screenshots of items in progress)

Users who are viewing this thread

developer business, don't mind the updates on this armor..

Update:
haupdate.jpg
Update2:
haupdt.jpg
Update3:
husupdte.jpg

Update4:
12295405.jpg
64656031.jpg
67638692.jpg
31025082.jpg

Update5:
captureolv.jpg
capture2st.jpg

euro0220.JPG
jydvy_1-tfb.jpg
Although many ingenious combinations of firearm and melee weapon were undoubtedly used during actual battles throughout history, most were likely meant for decoration or as conversational pieces in the home of the rich and eccentric. One huge disadvantage of these combination-weapons were that the barrel of the weapon would typically be rendered useless after the first impact between the weapon and its intended target. However, when used as a powerful and precise single-shot weapon, a combatant could easily open a battle by killing an enemy at long range with the weapon before moving into close range and utilizing the axe like any other weapon. Neither the confirmed deadliness of the weapon nor the value it presented due to its sheer element of surprise should be understated.

Yes, a silly weapon perhaps, but a real one nonetheless. I've personally seen some very odd weapon combinations, both in local armoury museums and most recently at the Leeds Royal Armouries which I visited not long ago. If it's at all possible to make a weapon with two functions (like the rifles with bayonets), then this would definitely be one of those that could qualify as a "hidden goodie". Imagine it as a very powerful one-shot per battle weapon which after being fired reverts to an axe for the remainder of the battle. Very unique and rare perhaps but still something which, if included, could warrant a custom mission ingame to acquire it.  :lol:

I came across two really substantial books with countless images/sketches for Indian arms and armor from the 11th century AD up until the 19th century AD. I'm not sure if you guys are going to have another Indo-Persian faction since I believe your Mamluks or Sublime Porte are featuring some Indo-Persian designs. You know, Chahar Ai Neis, those 'floral shoulderpad' ones the Mongols introduced and which persisted in India till the 18th-19th century, coats of thousand nails and lots of other stuff.

That being said, I would broach the idea as there are some really unique and inventive looking armors in the books, and I think Zimke Zlovoljni's abilities would be perfectly suited to them - not just idle buttering up, as you've shown an affinity for the Near-Eastern armor of the period already! And even if you don't have an Indian faction it would still be viable for a more Persiany faction, if perhaps only as mercenaries.

Just say the word and I'll get to scanning them.

Sahran said:
I came across two really substantial books with countless images/sketches for Indian arms and armor from the 11th century AD up until the 19th century AD. I'm not sure if you guys are going to have another Indo-Persian faction since I believe your Mamluks or Sublime Porte are featuring some Indo-Persian designs. You know, Chahar Ai Neis, those 'floral shoulderpad' ones the Mongols introduced and which persisted in India till the 18th-19th century, coats of thousand nails and lots of other stuff.

That being said, I would broach the idea as there are some really unique and inventive looking armors in the books, and I think Zimke Zlovoljni's abilities would be perfectly suited to them - not just idle buttering up, as you've shown an affinity for the Near-Eastern armor of the period already! And even if you don't have an Indian faction it would still be viable for a more Persiany faction, if perhaps only as mercenaries.

Just say the word and I'll get to scanning them.
1) The factions list is closed (at-least until beta);
2) There is not enough place on map left for new faction (especially in eastern part);
3) We never planed full Indo-Persian faction;
4) We have some Indo-Persian equipment split between Porte and Sarranids troops;
5) Adding mini-tree of Persian mercenaries is highly possible in future;

Sorry Waldzios, didn't mean to sound like another "Herp derp add XYZ!!1!" type, just wanted to offer the scans. :smile:

Waldzios said:
Sahran said:
Sorry Waldzios, didn't mean to sound like another "Herp derp add XYZ!!1!" type, just wanted to offer the scans. :smile:
Sorry if I sounded impolite, just wanted the post to be informative :mrgreen:.
Scans are always welcome :smile:.

thats why people invented smileys  :grin:, whenever in doubt that your statement may be interpretated wrong, just puts smileys  :grin: :smile:

see, it works  :grin: :smile: :eek: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :wink: :razz:

Waldzios said:
Sahran said:
Sorry if I sounded impolite, just wanted the post to be informative :mrgreen:.
Scans are always welcome :smile:.

No biggie. :grin: I know how it can be when you get people (like me!) hopping in and going "ADD DISS ADD DAAAAT". I sent the scans to Zimke so I am sure he'll pass it along.  :mrgreen:

Add few misterious items which would be hidden in some maps in chests.
It will be fun to discover hidden items which will be one of the kind!

Back
Top Bottom