Users who are viewing this thread

J said:
Paula said:
then you should eat mine. :I
I'd eat yours any day ;3
;3
Ruthven said:
Your barley looks like maggots.
might be because there's some maccaroni in there as well?

FtdX0.jpg

Making some Muslim Chicken. Basically I take some halal chicken thighs, cut the skin off, rub them with a mixture of olive oil, lemon, harissa, cumin, tumeric, dill, caraway and salt, and I bake them in the oven on low temperature (300) for an hour or so until they look done. They are almost ready and they smell so damn good right now.

Was a bit scraped for ideas. So made barbecued fishsticks and mashed potatoes with Thai red curry sauce. Then took diced carrots, corn and peas and boiled them in spiced butter in a foil tub on the grill. Then wrapped the entire madness in tortillas with some manchego. Was surprisingly un****ty.

Moose! said:
Making some Muslim Chicken. Basically I take some halal chicken thighs, cut the skin off, rub them with a mixture of olive oil, lemon, harissa, cumin, tumeric, dill, caraway and salt, and I bake them in the oven on low temperature (300) for an hour or so until they look done. They are almost ready and they smell so damn good right now.
I understand making Middle-Eastern style chicken, but Muslim-style chicken? Unless you're Muslim, why does it matter that the thighs were prayed over while the chicken's throat was cut in a certain direction?

Buying them probably got you put on a no-fly list though.

Double layer enchiladas with Turkish yoghurt and smoked chili BBQ salsa.
leGEq.jpg

BrucHOTta. Diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, and about two large onions. Added two finely chopped habaneros, some jalapeños, a little Sechuan pepper and some grated parmigian. Also bacon.
9P3up.jpg

The enchiladas were definitely awesome. Used a combo of manchego and buffalo mozzarella. And fried the ground beef with fresh garlic shoots and parsley from my own garden along with the usual mexie spices. The BrucHOTta I'm having for dinner tonight. So I'm hoping it'll be just as tasty when microed at work.

It's true. You can even start with something just as easy as boiling pasta, like sloppy joes, and expand outwards from there.

Back
Top Bottom