PoP variants & challenges

Users who are viewing this thread

Companion only army. You can mod the game so you can use all companions without any leaving.  :lol:
15 companions with noldor bow, shield, mount, sword. One as an int whore.

Strategy try to actually win with only companions. You will have to rely on your lords for troops.(assuming you can recruit any) You can garrison 50 troops but only 50 in your own fiefs.

The Double edged sword. Your only troops can be troops that you captured and made join you. Can play with companions, but NO recruiting from villages or taverns.

AxeMaster3 said:
Looters Paradise;

You and your companions can only use what you get from the loot after battles. You may not buy any Items from any market or vender of items.

Includes all weapons, armor and horses.

Exceptions: Spawn army extras and extra tournament prizes.

PS. Yes you can buy food.

I do this anyways, heh.  I don't think I've ever bought something from a vendor for my companions.  Only weapon I usually buy is a morningstar cause I never see it in the loot either. 

Mattrim said:
AxeMaster3 said:
Looters Paradise;

You and your companions can only use what you get from the loot after battles. You may not buy any Items from any market or vender of items.

Includes all weapons, armor and horses.

Exceptions: Spawn army extras and extra tournament prizes.

PS. Yes you can buy food.

I do this anyways, heh.  I don't think I've ever bought something from a vendor for my companions.  Only weapon I usually buy is a morningstar cause I never see it in the loot either.
I don't buy weapons and armour very much anyway. The only times I do is if I see really cool looking armour. Even then it's never anywhere near good equipment.

Baggage train is considered a food item. Books have to do with stats so those are a must.

A "Rising Hero" cant be denighed improvements.  :cool:

Always thought about, Think I'm going to try it

Soldiers of Fortune
- only Mercs and Militia troops
- no faction troops
- no minor faction or foreign troops (so no Barclays, Snake cult, Heretics, Vanskerries etc.) 
- no adventurers/female troops
- Bandit/Red Brotherhood troops may be employed as Fodder  :wink:
- Rogue Squires/Knights allowed (Only real rogue knights not one of these southern western etc..)

- Merc crossbows are utterly necessary
- Army needs a TON of gold (Mercs are greedy bastards)
- Cavalry should be mostly Militia (Ranger/Sherriff) -> less costly
- Rogue Knights are really scarce so you gotta catch em all  :mrgreen:

Otherwise it's Mettenheim Style FTW :mrgreen:

Sorry for resurrecting this thread.

The Tale of Three Knights (and Their More or Less Impetuous Apprentice)
-First of all, you should have an imported character, nothing fancy but you need some cash (and fighting skills) to get this started.
- You may only take 3 companions which are Sirs Roland, Jocelyn and Rayne. You need to recruit them immediatly (hence the imported character).
- You may only recruit knights from the following orders (adventurers are allowed until you get them).
--> The options for the knights are Dawn, Dragon, Falcon, Griffon, Lion, Radiant Cross and Raven Spear.
--> You can garrison any troops into your walled centers but you may not use them in the field.
- You need to use an armour that is not Noldor-made (Same goes for weapons).
--> Rune weapons are allowed though.
- You need to have Sir in your name.
- You (nor your companions) may not use ranged weapons.
- Become the king!

Back
Top Bottom