• This armor would be worn by me or my companions

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Spawn on the shadow legion

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Spawn on a unique spawn

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Spawn on the raven spear

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Not be added at all or found in stores only.

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other that I indicate within my post below.

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

sairtar

Sergeant at Arms
I have been working on a retex, just wanted to get some thoughts before I go gangbusters and start cranking out new art that no one wants in their game.  Here is what I have so far on the Raven Spear.  Please dont suggest that I change certain things on this particular armor, just express if you like it, or would like to see it in game, and if you would like more armor to be produced.

http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=5722166fsdf.PNG
http://www.bild.me/bild.php?file=8195045fsds.PNG

And yes, it is the armor in my avatar picture.
Dont forget, you get two votes, if you like two options, pick them both.

The armor may give the rugged and battle-ready look of the Legion, but it also appears to fit well with the looks of a Mercenary, especially a very well organized band of mercenaries. As such, I find it a good fit for the Raven Spear, they're being mercenaries hired to protect the scholars and academies up north. It gives off a northern mercenary vibe to me. I'm not saying that anyone others idea of what it looks good with is wrong, since this is clearly a matter personal opinion. I myself enjoy the Raven Spear, and would be glad to use the armor myself, along with a party of those knights.

Hmm, def on the Shadow Legion, fits their colors nicely, and their older armor is just meh. I like the effects on it, cool color contrasts. AND HELL YEAH, BRING ON THE MORE NEW ARMOR FOR US :smile:.

Suggestions for whom:

Noldor-need work, they dont look elven at all imo

Immortals-yes and no, I like the armor they have now, but it doesn't seem right now, especially with the armor I use from Runico's pack, which has the shield emblem on the armor itself.

Thats all I could think of, I dont wana be to critizing. Whatever work you do will be amazing and cool to have no matter what. Good job.

The contrast and black will become more apparent in game, open brf has a tendency to mute colors.  Thank you all for your feedback, it will dictate my helmet and shield choices.

I cant wait to see the helmet! Unless its going to be the original fromt he S.L.

Are these, once done, going to be released in an update for PoP 3.xxx?

Yeah, can't wait for it. Fits the Legion perfectly btw,

(If you want some ideas for noldorish / sindarish armour I can send you a wall of text :razz:)

Das Knecht said:
Yeah, can't wait for it. Fits the Legion perfectly btw,

(If you want some ideas for noldorish / sindarish armour I can send you a wall of text :razz:)

I wish it were that easy, I don't model much, and modelling a chest piece requires extensive rigging skills :sad:.  So I tend to find a free model somewhere, then spend an entire day texturing.  The one above took me a solid two days to finish.  If it becomes a raven spear armor then I would choose a round shield and a medieval helmet, but if it becomes shadow legion ill use a centurion helm with a horizontal plume rather than vertical and a roman cav shield.

I don't think it fits the Legion at all, I mean the colors are right-ish, but the style of armor does not fit what a pseudo-Roman elite would wear. It looks like it would be awesome for the Raven spear, and it would make them really a nice-looking Order.

I like the texture, its got good colors and I know you said not to give tweaks but I voted for it not to be added at all so I figured I would give you my reasoning. The armor doesn't go all the way down to the waist, that just bugs me for some reason. It reminds me of a 16 year olds belly shirt. It would be great if it went all the way down. I like your work though man. You are good at it.

Did someone mention empire helmets?  Perhaps it was in the other thread, I have a suite of helmets on the way, models are made by 4 leaf clover.

http://josephunderdark.blogspot.com/2011/10/did-someone-say-helmet.html

NNice model..but I don't think that would look good with Immortals or the shadow legion..its to simple for them. I could see baccus troops using them or whatever faction that has that influence but not the legion or immortals...I like their current ones..maybe a retexutre of those.

MitchyMatt said:
NNice model..but I don't think that would look good with Immortals or the shadow legion..its to simple for them. I could see baccus troops using them or whatever faction that has that influence but not the legion or immortals...I like their current ones..maybe a retexutre of those.

Dont mind the textures, they are place holders.

Back
Top Bottom