[Poll] - What do players think about Bannerlord's lack of a release date

What is your opinion about Bannerlord's lack of a release date?

• I don't care, it's better that they take their time to make a proper game than to rush it

Votes: 144 35.0%
  • I wish they'd release it already and dedicate their efforts on patching and improving it

Votes: 72 17.5%
  • It's good that they're taking their time, but I'd like some early access at least

Votes: 161 39.2%
  • Gameplay is 100% complete, just let me play it dude

Votes: 15 3.6%
  • Other (specify pls)

Votes: 19 4.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Warband is a shell of a game but I have put hundreds of hours into Vanilla as I believe it is one of the greatest games ever. Bannerlord just looks done when you watch the gameplay videos. But there's no sign of a release. It would be nice to just know how much time is probably left for development. like if they could just say end of 2018 or something. The rumor was that it was coming the end of 2017 but here we are. Now we're just at this point where its like ok so is it coming out anyday? a month or 2? a year or 2? I dont think theres any shame in setting a date or time frame and then changing it a month or 2 before we get to that time frame.

Well, to be honest, I waited 9 years for Overgrowth to be fully released. It's a "small" game, but with a huge background. A very very small studio (not even 10 persons) developed a game from scratch, with their own engine and its own innovative mechanics (nice game to check out). Really, waiting is not the problem... The problem is finding so few creamy videos of glorious battles, and imagine that there are people playing this every day, and some people played it at gaming conventions, and that's so close to me, so easy to achieve, but at the same time so far, so abstract, so platonic... I watch over and over again the same videos, read the same blogs, enjoy the same screenshots and visit the same forum, always hopeless...  :ohdear:

All I want is just a taste... The taste of cake/cookie dough, because you know that's not ready yet, but it's so damn good that you can't resist to taste it raw with your fingers...

:idea: My ideal Scenario, wich I dream about every night: a nice multiplayer demo like Battlefield 1 would be perfect. Captains Mode already on and tested (I suppose), so leave only this option available (c'mon, you can achieve this with // on the code) and let the poor peasants rejoice on cake dough. This way we can test the matchmaking system (wich may be one of the causes of delay) and play this delicious game. And not all the cake dough. Limited cake dough. 2 or 3 maps; 3 or 4 factions. Then the "open beta" closes again, and everyone gets happy and TW gives the final touches before release.

Mercenary_Frank said:
dAqPpV.jpg

LOL

But shouldn't the turtle & snail be dead ?

Ghgl said:
Personally I think TW not giving a release date, while infuriating & annoying, is ultimately a good thing.

1) The gaming community is hypocritical. Anything that doesn't fit their expectations, they will whine, complain, & threaten. Me included. But if we take a step back, we'd see that TW is taking the right approach in this. I'd much rather wait than suffer through another bugged, unplayable release.

2) The game development scene has adopted a lot of annoying, nasty, & downright greedy practices in recent times. Most recently, see EA's backlash. TW taking their time to create a game they deem fit for release is a good example for the rest, & it will naturally follow that they might not have a concrete date for release because of this.

3) TW don't actually owe us anything. Sure, a company wants to keep their consumer satisfied, their community happy. But they don't owe it to us. If you've "lost hype" or "have waited too damned long", simply don't buy the product if you so choose.
-
Of course, I've had my anger & annoyance with the delayed development, non release of release date. But just take a step back and look at the things happening around you in the gaming scene. There's a hundred companies with better practices than TW, and a thousand more with worse practices than TW. TW is not perfect, but they're that bad at all.

inb4 they read my post and push back the game another 3 decade

I would just like to add on that while I do view the lack of a concrete release date as a generally good thing, and that I respect them for it. My expectations for this game is correspondingly set *extremely* high, somewhere in the region of Witcher 3 level. Given that they've given us a reason for a delay, which states that they want to give us a game they feel is "right", one of the drawbacks of that comment is that the end product will reflect on what they deem is a "right" product for consumers.

Anything less would severely damage their reputation to me. I hope they do come out with a blockbuster tho.
-
Also, the snail would ride on the turtle and become a snailtle

Grumpy181155 said:
Nordmann said:
Bloody hell, I was 24 when they announced this game, I'm now a few months away from being 30, and still no Bannerlord! At this rate of development, I'll be staring my mid thirties in the face long before I ever get to play this game, and there's a depressing thought. :ohdear:

I don't know what you are worried about.  I'm in my 60s and I'm just hoping it is released while I still have enough dexterity to play it and the memory to know why  :lol:

I guess when you put it like that, it's not so bad, but still... just shows how long this has been in the works!

what if they got used to developing the game and don't want to finish it... maybe it became their lifestyle :smile:) the reason to wake up in the morning... and if they finish it, they will die a little bit inside knowing that it's over and have to move to fixing it and future projects( thus new teams, reasignment and so on)

LordZero said:
what if they got used to developing the game and don't want to finish it... maybe it became their lifestyle :smile:) the reason to wake up in the morning... and if they finish it, they will die a little bit inside knowing that it's over and have to move to fixing it and future projects( thus new teams, reasignment and so on)

Maybe like sitting on wet sands in a beach ?
It is a relaxing moment you repeatedly bury your hand and pull it back and you also know if you get up you gonna have to take a shower with those extremely cold beach showers. :iamamoron: :iamamoron: :iamamoron: :iamamoron:

Wandering through old videos of Bannerlord and remembering the time we though the game was almost released and when we could almost touch it with the tip of our fingers, i did realise that yes, the game quality (at least visual since almost all in-depth game mechanics were discussed in the oldest footages) has been enhanced quite a lot through the years.

But i also realised i would have bought and gladly played the very first versions Taleworlds showed even now in 2017. It looked good enough for a mount & blade 2, it was already superior in many ways to the previous title and it was more than a decent time to release such a version of the game, but since TW wanted to polish it even more i feel like they are trying to give us a mount & blade 3 named 2.

Back
Top Bottom