• Kingdom of Sweden

Votes: 40 24.5%
  • Kingdom of The United Netherlands

Votes: 29 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Mitchel said:
The Bonapartist Spain was just other satellite state where the Napoleon's brother, José, ruled.

About the military situation, Spain had a lot of regular troops also professional guerrillas with their own uniform. The guerrillas were not the only forces that Spain could deploy against France.

Indeed, my sweet Mitchel.

Just check that link to see the spanish forces in the Peninsula War (with the references below)

http://www. balagan.org.uk/war/peninsular-war/order-of-battle/spanish.htm

Mitchel said:
The Bonapartist Spain was just other satellite state where the Napoleon's brother, José, ruled.

About the military situation, Spain had a lot of regular troops also professional guerrillas with their own uniform. The guerrillas were not the only forces that Spain could deploy against France.

In a mod of Napoleon Total War, you can see some of the troops

The link is (For who wants to check out):
http://mjollnir.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=360782

Ekky said:
why even cry about getting more factions.. imo non of these factions in this polls is even worthy of beeing added.. stop crying and just enjoy what you have, who cares if it doesnt have your country in it.. i know mine aint ever gonna be in it but i dont care i like how it is anyways
Because people aren't happy with the nations we play.
That's why they make mods, or join other mod, like The Deluge, it was actually better than this...
Why I bought it?
Because we thought it was so nice and we had 8,75€ to buy the game, but believe me, official battle play changed to WFaS play due the shooting is messed up, and the Dragoons are to powerful, and that's why I only play Cavalry in the battle server.
Even Siege is better than the Battle Servers.
I'm also considering to make a mod which has two seconds more reloading time, and removes the accurucy from the pistol which is also a problem.
So basicly this mod is going to be Mount & Musket again, and I think I will name it MM_Austria.
I typed here in telegram style because im on a mobile.

Alright Spain is cool I admit that, they own hard with their guerillas.
Also I voted The Netherlands but historicly it was also a part from the Spanish Habsburgs. (untill 164:cool:

I think that the best idea is to create all 4 nation mentioned in post....

but the most important thing is to ask a patch for play with a console controller like xbox or playstation.....
what do you thing????? it will become the most amazing gameplay experience

In my opinion Spain has more "historic" weight in this epoch (1808-1814), 6 years fighting, than the other countries.

I vote Sweden without hesitation. The kingdom of Sweden lost all of Finland (1/3 of Swedens pre-war area), and Finland was actually born in beacuse of the war. The last swedish battle on swedish territory was fought in this war against the russians. I belive there would be more swedish regiments if Sweden was added, instead of swedes joining international regiments.

avion365 said:
1er_svensson said:
avion365 said:
Nice how you edit out the Pomeranian War into the Swedish-French war(which is wrong by your time-line), in fact Sweden was in it technically from 1804-1809 and 1812-1815 on the Coalition side and was in a paper war with Britain from 1809-1812. Also stop being a **** and trying to seem right by editing your posts to change your story.

I didn't "Edit it out" I put in one of the wars other names...
EDIT: Since it has plenty of names why wouldn't I edit it to put in more of it's name so that people aren't mistaking it for another war?
Sorry to burst your bubble but there was not Pomeranian War/Swedish-French War of 1805-1810. Also Considering Sweden only fought in two battles of the wars. Also the only Pomeranian War was actually in the 7-years war, a long time ago, Sweden never really had a big role in the Wars, partially due to the fact they got their ass kicked by the Russians in the Finnish war. Also the Pomerainian war was between Sweden and PRUSSIA.

Edit; Finnaly found the one your talking about which, by the way, has less troops then the war of 1812, which was around 67 thousand compared to war of 1812 which was around 100 thousand not including the milita

I'm postive that Sweden fought against France, but I don't know about that, however it seems both of you have forgotten about the finnish war (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_war), which was larger than the war of 1812, and had a enormously much bigger impact than the war of 1812, which ended status quo ante bellum.

Still voting for Spain, Vincenzo, if you are reading this and you aren't planning to make another faction, but if you do, it will not be Spain you say,i've got something to tell you, I've got a few friends that are fans of the guerrilla wars, I've told them this mod would include the Spanish faction in the future and they bought warband and the DLC napoleonic wars to play some guerrilla warfare, they look deeply dissapointed, and I'm sorry but I'm telling you that in a game, you can't make anything you want, but what most of the people want, those are my words!

DEKYW said:
avion365 said:
1er_svensson said:
avion365 said:
Nice how you edit out the Pomeranian War into the Swedish-French war(which is wrong by your time-line), in fact Sweden was in it technically from 1804-1809 and 1812-1815 on the Coalition side and was in a paper war with Britain from 1809-1812. Also stop being a **** and trying to seem right by editing your posts to change your story.

EDIT: Since it has plenty of names why wouldn't I edit it to put in more of it's name so that people aren't mistaking it for another war?
Sorry to burst your bubble but there was not Pomeranian War/Swedish-French War of 1805-1810. Also Considering Sweden only fought in two battles of the wars. Also the only Pomeranian War was actually in the 7-years war, a long time ago, Sweden never really had a big role in the Wars, partially due to the fact they got their ass kicked by the Russians in the Finnish war. Also the Pomerainian war was between Sweden and PRUSSIA.

Edit; Finnaly found the one your talking about which, by the way, has less troops then the war of 1812, which was around 67 thousand compared to war of 1812 which was around 100 thousand not including the milita

I'm postive that Sweden fought against France, but I don't know about that, however it seems both of you have forgotten about the finnish war (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_war), which was larger than the war of 1812, and had a enormously much bigger impact than the war of 1812, which ended status quo ante bellum.

Ummm, no

The Finnish war was between Russia and Sweden (i assume you know this) and was sort of supported by both sides, however had little impact on the actual fighting of the Napoleonic wars. The One big change the war caused was Russia getting Finland and Sweden being a paper tiger from then on. Also i am sure this war was before the time set of this game (which i think is set around 1812-1814ish, not sure though). Other than a territorial gain all the other effects where internal, i.e. the new constitution and royal house(royal house part happened a LONG time after but was related).
Now the troop levels peaked around 90-ish thousand (55 thousand for the Russians, 36 thousand for the Swedes). Still a but less than the war of 1812, also that's not factoring in the cost of supplying something over a big huge giant ocean. There was no naval supply lines in this war, in the war of 1812 was a lot more different.

avion365 said:
DEKYW said:
avion365 said:
1er_svensson said:
avion365 said:

avion365 said:
avion365 said:
Ummm, no

The Finnish war was between Russia and Sweden (i assume you know this) and was sort of supported by both sides, however had little impact on the actual fighting of the Napoleonic wars. The One big change the war caused was Russia getting Finland and Sweden being a paper tiger from then on. Also i am sure this war was before the time set of this game (which i think is set around 1812-1814ish, not sure though). Other than a territorial gain all the other effects where internal, i.e. the new constitution and royal house(royal house part happened a LONG time after but was related).
Now the troop levels peaked around 90-ish thousand (55 thousand for the Russians, 36 thousand for the Swedes). Still a but less than the war of 1812, also that's not factoring in the cost of supplying something over a big huge giant ocean. There was no naval supply lines in this war, in the war of 1812 was a lot more different.

Err, after "further studies", the war of 1812 might be considered larger than the Finnish war...

Nonetheless, Sweden qualifies better then USA in this game because:

- Sweden fought in Europe, as all the other nations of the game

- Sweden fought with and against other nations of the game (The war in Pomerania for example)

- Swedens foreign politics had a greater impact on the war than that of USA

- The war of 1812 had minimal impact on the war in Europe

But of course that's just my opinion :wink:

DEKYW said:
stuff before

1.Just because someone fought in Europe does not, in anyway qualify them for being in the game, For instance, when Napoleon went to Egypt, which is not in Europe, then i assume he, nor anyone he fought, deserves top be in the game? That's simply not true.

2.The amount of nations in here is nil, You can add the fact that Prussia, Britain and France where in a lot of the conflict, so saying they where in one more is not that much better. This subject here is the organization and strength of the Swedish army during the Napoleonic Wars. This is an obscure subject, little known outside Sweden, not surprisingly considering Sweden’s marginal participation in the wars and the problem of language. Sweden simply did not have the man-power to make an impact, they got swatted like flies in the Finnish war and never had any impact in the NWs again.Plus the amount of soldiers used in all of those wars do not equal the amount used by the ones in the war of 1812, and i am not even counting militia from the was of 1812, only regulars. Also

3.The war of course had little political action over their because of the Atlantic, but in material and men it had a bit more of an impact, due simply to the costs of supporting armies in that theater and to the fact that the troops over there where needed elsewhere.

4.No, Simply put having close to 60,000 troops in the the theater is not a small task, and if you look at Waterloo the Anglo-Allies had 68,000 troops, i think 48,000 troops(the amount of none provincial forces in the Americas) would of made a difference, considering that the troop levels would of then been close to 116,000 or 44,000 more than the french. Imagine for a second what would of happened if Britain had all those troops. The war would of been a lot more shorter.

1.Just because someone fought in Europe does not, in anyway qualify them for being in the game, For instance, when Napoleon went to Egypt, which is not in Europe, then i assume he, nor anyone he fought, deserves top be in the game? That's simply not true.

2.The amount of nations in here is nil, You can add the fact that Prussia, Britain and France where in a lot of the conflict, so saying they where in one more is not that much better. This subject here is the organization and strength of the Swedish army during the Napoleonic Wars. This is an obscure subject, little known outside Sweden, not surprisingly considering Sweden’s marginal participation in the wars and the problem of language. Sweden simply did not have the man-power to make an impact, they got swatted like flies in the Finnish war and never had any impact in the NWs again.Plus the amount of soldiers used in all of those wars do not equal the amount used by the ones in the war of 1812, and i am not even counting militia from the was of 1812, only regulars. Also

3.The war of course had little political action over their because of the Atlantic, but in material and men it had a bit more of an impact, due simply to the costs of supporting armies in that theater and to the fact that the troops over there where needed elsewhere.

4.No, Simply put having close to 60,000 troops in the the theater is not a small task, and if you look at Waterloo the Anglo-Allies had 68,000 troops, i think 48,000 troops(the amount of none provincial forces in the Americas) would of made a difference, considering that the troop levels would of then been close to 116,000 or 44,000 more than the french. Imagine for a second what would of happened if Britain had all those troops. The war would of been a lot more shorter.

1, USA fought only in America, not in Europe, France fought both in Africa and Europe. Britain fought both in America and Europe. See the diffirence?

2, Swedish wars that count as part of NW is listed as wikipedia articles here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dano-Swedish_War_of_1808-1809
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_War_against_Napoleon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_War

Let's not either forget that sweden participated in the Battle of Leipzig, largest battle seen in Europe, by the time.
USA fought against ONE nation, alongside NONE in this game, that was my point, in which I am right. Sweden did participate later in the war, and did have an impact on the peace-treaty.

3, The war, as you say, had little or no impact on diplomacy and politics in Europe.

4, If the NW would have been shorter in time, if War1812 would never have happened, we'll never know, it might just aswell have been longer. The NW ended because Britain and her allies seized Napoleon and sent him to a far away island. The war in America held british troops from Europe, but even if Britain and her allies had had 116 000 instead of 44 000 at the start of the battle they would still have won, and ended the NW.

Regarding why Sweden has a better place in this game, is the fact that Sweden fought in several tactical battles alongside, and against the other nations of the game.

Back
Top Bottom