Polished Landscapes test version [RELEASED]

Users who are viewing this thread

Stunning... The best mod ever made, I only wish the characters were up to your standards.

Hello ! indeed fantastic mod !
I have a probleme with fog. when i dont really understand what i have to add for the fog in mission_template ? first i just have a mission_template.txt no a *.py and when i try to copy paste every script in this txt file it doest work.. what i am doing wrong please ?

I think it looks awesome and Mount & Blade should come with these kind of graphics. I once installed the trial, played the out-of-date graphics tutorial, and begin the story a bit and got bored because of the sort of terrible graphics. I uninstalled the game for awhile until I read the reviews on some game websites saying it is a must get so I decided to give it another try. It turned out to be fun with the addition to the mods. With this, it will be perfect!

The only thing is it makes it quite hard to spot enemies, especially during late night or midnight.
It's almost impossible to hit the 70 yards archery practice at night...

It's really nice and all but it really affects the gameplay... I hope the important aspects of the game are more visible...

You're really good at this though... maybe if you change everything, from characters to the equipments to the horses and all. I notice it is great with the Polished Buildings Mod but there aren't any visible changes to the interior. Maybe you can change that too... :grin: Ahh, probably just kidding... If only they can hire you officially so that you can devote more time into this project. :razz:

After playing with this mod for several days now, I went back to Oblivion to see how I felt about the graphics.  In short, Polished Landscapes makes Oblivion look like World of Warcraft (both games that I love, by the way, but after BEING THERE with Polished Lanscapes, how can I ever go back and play any other game?)

I simply don't know how you did it, but you've succeeded in bringing photo-realism to a 3D game where many other studios with huge budgets and staffs of hundreds couldn't come close. 

I'm mixed on the no collision thing.  On one hand, as mentioned earlier, it would be nice to get that cover.  On the other hand, there are simply SO many trees in certain places now that horseback would be an impossibility.  Which, I suppose, might add even more realism. 

I'm also flabbergasted. Aesthetically this has become the most enjoyable game I've ever played (no exaggeration),
and I'm not even using HDR. Vegetation in other games I know look cartoonish compared to this.

I've seen very few bugs, but here are 2:

Riverside squares:

A tree in the river - but I guess that's impossible to avoid seeing as the trees are 'clustered':

Thanks guys:smile:
Adorno - those bugs are because of engine limitations, when I will have more knowledge about flora_kinds.txt i will probably fix floating trees.
MarkQuinn - collision probably will be fixed later, if TW will make small patch for this.
exodus666 - you can't just place scripts in .txt file - youu need to download module system, then place this script in every mission and compile it  - there are plenty of tutorials about this.
G.

gutekfiutek said:
Thanks guys:smile:
Adorno - those bugs are because of engine limitations, when I will have more knowledge about flora_kinds.txt i will probably fix floating trees.
MarkQuinn - collision probably will be fixed later, if TW will make small patch for this.
exodus666 - you can't just place scripts in .txt file - youu need to download module system, then place this script in every mission and compile it  - there are plenty of tutorials about this.
G.

MarkQuinn said:
After playing with this mod for several days now, I went back to Oblivion to see how I felt about the graphics.  In short, Polished Landscapes makes Oblivion look like World of Warcraft (both games that I love, by the way, but after BEING THERE with Polished Lanscapes, how can I ever go back and play any other game?)

I simply don't know how you did it, but you've succeeded in bringing photo-realism to a 3D game where many other studios with huge budgets and staffs of hundreds couldn't come close. 

I'm mixed on the no collision thing.  On one hand, as mentioned earlier, it would be nice to get that cover.  On the other hand, there are simply SO many trees in certain places now that horseback would be an impossibility.  Which, I suppose, might add even more realism.

If you want an excellent mod for Oblivion graphics I recommend Qarls Graphics mods. They make Oblivion look better then Fallout 3 in my book.

As for this Polished Graphics mod, it's excellent, before I was using the Panoramic Mod + Graphics Enhancement 2.5 but they were over the top, yours is much more realistic. Excellent Job I've been waiting a long time for a mod like this. As for the trees I don't mind the no collision, actually I prefer it since my horse doesn't repeatedly run into trees. Much better! If you could keep that in future versions at least as an option I would like that very much! Gutekfiutek you've released some excellent textures in the past but you really did excellent on this release, way to go man!

Wow, I've been trying PL with Native Expansion for some days now, without major problems.
PL really adds depth and realism to M&B, and makes it even more enjoyable!...

I've noticed a few glitches, though. Not sure if they were mentioned somewhere earlier :

PL_Trees_Glitch.jpg

The branches on this tree look like dozens of other mini-trees.

- Also, some of the trees on the map are somehow lacking trunk and leaves. It's especially visible in snowy Vaegirdom, and where there is snow in general.

Does anyone know what caused these glitches?

You have probably added the entries in the module.ini in the wrong place. I had that bug too but adding the entries in the correct place will fix it.

Lord Samuel said:
Wow, I've been trying PL with Native Expansion for some days now, without major problems.

I've noticed a few glitches, though. Not sure if they were mentioned somewhere earlier :

PL_Trees_Glitch.jpg

- Also, some of the trees on the map are somehow lacking trunk and leaves. It's especially visible in snowy Vaegirdom, and where there is snow in general.

It seems that brf's are missing(you have old models), check if you've added them in module.ini

thank you gutekfiutek for your answer ! i will try to add scripte with the corrects module  :wink: !

And one again nice job... you just gave a new life to this game..

gutekfiutek said:
Lord Samuel said:

PL_Trees_Glitch.jpg

It seems that brf's are missing(you have old models), check if you've added them in module.ini

Of course. Obviously, I had forgotten to edit module.ini in the Native Expansion folder. And I was so sure I didn't.
Thank you very much for your kind and patient answers.

Testing right now, more later !

Edit: Working perfectly with NE mod now! Beautiful!...

Gutek...

That's some incredible work!  My FPS dropped some but the scenery looks so good I can't stop taking screenies.

A question, is it possible for you to make montainious terrain less so?  The mountains are so steep and unrealistic, and will you add collision to every single tree?  The AI will not like it for sure, just imagine fighting those annoying Khergits in a forest like that!

Wow! Landscapes really look great!
Now no one will ever dare to say that M&B has bad grapphic, but because of some reason your landscape doesn't want to work with your buildings on my PC :sad:

What I mean that some of textures of trees are white, what do I need to change?

Done, I just added some mod words where it was needed

please why there is nobody who can upload an correct modified module.ini?  :cry:
it is really difficult for the most of us who are newbies in case of modding.

Back
Top Bottom