[Plaza] - Main Topic

Do you support the Europe 1805 - II version?

• Yes, I do

Votes: 756 78.2%
  • Yes, I do

Votes: 211 21.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Bubu said:
**Quote pyramid ****up goes here **

Haha, Ok, the only thing I can do...ehrm, Wish you good weather  :wink:  :lol:

** Morale rises**
Thnq :grin: :grin: Can't wait for it to get better :grin:

Agovic said:
Thnq :grin: :grin: Can't wait for it to get better :grin:

Use your local House Fan to get the clouds away, and take a note in history!

[/montenegro size joke]

*curse*, are you two still spamming your sh*t here? Please stop now, or I'll get Bagration again!

On-topic: Maybe the Marshall of the faction's campaign can give quests while laying siege to a castle/town? Like, attack this trench to get a tactical advantage in the main attack; or, drive enemies out of that area, so that our troops can lay a mine there (so that the walls can be breached sooner)?
(Just my little ideas...)

I'm sorry, that's what you meant by decrees. Well.. i have a plan for that too if you will once again allow me to digress.

Okay... so... I didn't state this before ( thinking it was too complex) but realizing that's what you want:

Government Interaction

If anyone has ever played the Napoleonic Game Imperial Glory by Eidos then you would remember their rather comfortable diplomacy system where you could choose from:

>Commercial Treaties
>Decs. of War
>Peace Treaties
>Loan of Armies

and basically that was it. I'm thinking for this mod, this things would be in the hand of the Prime Minister of country. However i' not sure if the PM would propose these things for the Senate to vote on or just enact them but voting on everything would be too boring(lol real politics). The PM or Chancellor or Dictator.

Options to vote on or enact
1. War and Peace Negs.
2. Alliances and Commercial Treaties(gifts and trade)
3. Statement of Goodwill (basically for recognition from other states of authority
4. Issuing a direct order(telling a anther state to dissolve its government or become a vassal of yours)
5.Claim a town or tribute with a threatening ultimatum

To me this sounds faaaaaaaaaar too complex to be made. But since you guys asked I'll continue.  :mrgreen:

War and Peace Negs

To declare war the PPM(ruler, prime minister, chancellor) must go to the speaker just like any rep but him (or her) would not only vote on senate matters but would be given the option of declaring war and a list of countries whom they could. Random decs. of war would be taken as signs of aggression and might result in a coalition of other nations against your own. This is not to say one need a famous belli causus, but, i guess one must have already asked to the other state to dissolve at least 3 times (the PPM does need votes or confirmation from the marshall or any faction leader to issue any letters on behalf of the state, that is simply a perk of such an office. So assuming you gave the said country 3 times the order for them to dissolve. And this could have sent over a period of three minutes or three years, and the relationship between yourself(i don't if their our national relationships or just relationships between the PPMs and the other countries), then you can declare without an international crisis. Again whether the Senate or Faction leader approves this is not something I'm sure is needed. Should a PPM have that much power. I think so, but that's just me. With no authority, Congress could vote on the war, and if its seems like a bad idea to them and ur a rep, then you can call for an election for leader of the republic from the reps, and it is possible to overthrow current government(possibly even as a disgruntled military leader).

In Peace, the PPM would again find the speaker and make and even name the peace treaty maybe even something like "The Treaty of Why I'm Better than you" or something. Here is the list of demands

>Demand cities and villages
>Demand Tribute in cash
>Demand of total disarming
>Demand of abdication of government leaders
>Demand a change in government from republic to monarchy or vice versa (with the possibility of placing someone in your country as their nations PPM) :grin:. Imagine bringing a republic to Russia.
>Demand for vassal (where you could end collecting 50% of taxes and have free wages for recruited soldiers of that nation wooohoooo!!!!)

I'm thinking about another means of peaceful annex

Alliances and Commercial Treaties

I find this quite this quite complex but. In order to develop a relationship with nations, governments must trade and stuff. Here's the options

>enact trade rights (substantial revenue to both sides depending on distance)
>commercial battering- Trade $$$ for goods, materials, or even territory
>gifts and tributes (which would basically mean trading $$$$ for nothing besides the boost in ratings)
:roll:

At a certain rating, you could call for an alliance, which i think the PPM should total control over, but the whiny congress could do a little private vote if they wish (mind you an elected PPM would only be there for a little while before he or she needs to be reelected so... a nation's agenda could change with a new leader). AND A PRIME MINISTER IS NOT ELECTED BY THE CONGRESS BUT LIKE THE US PRESIDENT IS ELECTED BY THE MAYORS(DELEGATES) WHO WOULD VOTE "ON BEHALF OF THE PEOPLE"  :roll: PM IS JUST A NATION-WIDE REP ELECTION. RATHER THAN 3 TOWNS YOU NEED OF THE TOWNS TO WIN.

I have a cool plan for peaceful annexing as well via the people. In certain towns of other nations the PPM would have the authority to build buildings (kinda like consulates) in them. If the mayor the other nation refuses it could lead to the a little decrease in relationship between the countries. Anyway if the consulate lasts for a while  it could be a center of espionage where they could have a success rate of converting the city to another country.

A letter of Goodwill could boost ratings in other country, but its main imperative is to test the other country's position on the legitimacy of your government. This could be important if you just got your position where you were originally a military leader, but a coup put you in power.

Again read accurately, thank you

Suggestions and Questions

>when X moves far enough to favor the rich could there be wigs and aristocratic clothes sold in markets that could be worn (reverting back to an earlier time)?
>would it be possible to make reloading skill that could change for both you and your army so that the more you do it, the faster you'll  become?
>can battle maps have roads and other obstacles? i red in the comments that is being done.
>how are the cannons going?

Suggestions and Questions

>when X moves far enough to favor the rich could there be wigs and aristocratic clothes sold in markets that could be worn (reverting back to an earlier time)?
>would it be possible to make reloading skill that could change for both you and your army so that the more you do it, the faster you'll  become?
>can battle maps have roads and other obstacles? i red in the comments that is being done.
>how are the cannons going?

NOTE: This is not my final answer.

Just to answer your questions:
> Maybe.
> How the more stuff at the battlefield, how the better your computer has to be.
> I was thinking of adding cannons as items instead of real stuff. So you can siege and capture castles and towns faster.

Just to note something:
> After I complete all stuff of villages, towns and castles, I'll move onto the warfare part of the game. I really need to improve it since everyone have voted this as most important part of the game. All new uniforms are part of this improvement, but I want to extend the military power far more. If you have some suggestions on this, please tell me =D.
I guess I cannot implement your diplomacy ideas since it is indeed too complex and not the strongest feature M&B offers.
But do not worry! I really like your system. I love it to be like Otto von Bismarck. Controlling a faction and being the most important person of the Empire, while not being the leader.

Just to question/suggest more stuff:
> Can you make a list? A list with positions and their power/possible actions. From mayor to Chancellor. For example:

Mayor
- Possibility to be elected for Minister

Minister
- Right to vote
- Extend influence (spend +1 likeness to some lord/mayor per week)

Prime Minister / Chancellor
- Right to propose plans like starting wars

> Also you shouldn't think in terms of years, but in terms of months. This is 1805, not Europe Universalis, set from -250 to 1800. =P So I want to suggest an election per month!

> What about:
- Right wing (nobility, high class)
- Left wing (common people)
- No vote

By the way instead of voting in favor of a wing, why can't you vote in favor of yourself? And trying to convince other people to vote on behalf of you! That's way much better!

To tell you another thing; I really like the way how to vote :wink:! Can you make another list too? How the system works in steps.
For example:
1. Go to the capital.
2. Visit the governments building (how would interior look?)
3. Go to the speaker (what clothes does he wear, what do all represenatives wear?)
4. Et cetera.

Hope you can answer these questions  :grin:.

Um, what about two weeks per voting? A month still seems too long to me.

I made a table:

2d82bd2.jpg

Next I will address Political Attire and Interior:

I googled a a lot of circular european senate floors but i find the one in the youtube Napoleon miniseries to be quite attractive. Here is the view from the main desk:

1rvg55.jpg

here is the view from the opposite end
2hf7zud.jpg

this could would be an awesome scene
9r3sc0.jpg

As regards to what the speaker could wear:

I really don't think there has to be a difference between cillivian and political clothes, if you still attempt to make civilian suits then those would do. But Sashes could be a nice touch. I don't think its a big deal. What could be awesome would be if you wore a military outfit and entered the interior would immediately lose relations with any of the reps.  :grin:

How you would vote:

1.You would go to the nations capital
2.You would see the speaking standing at the table
3.You would first have these options

>Vote Position
>Other Stuff
>I would like to discuss something with you

4. If you select voting you could choose between

>left wing
>right wing
>no vote

The game will not have parties so u would represent a wing. If you would want someone to vote for a wing then you would persuade any rep before the meeting to vote your way. This could be done my mere persuasion or bribery depending on the rep's honor.

5. If you select other stuff you would choose between
>Wages
>Request Consul Election 
>Taxes

I have already explained wages. The wages are merely based on general's wages. The prime minister could decide to go to war but is up to the senate to fund it. The Senate would decide whether to increase or decrease wages either dramatically (by half) or by a little.

A consul Election would determine who among the reps is most favored.

Taxes would be for.... :?:. I have explained taxes before but you might have different and better plan.

THE LAST OPTION

UNDER THE LAST OPTION YOU WOULD HAVE THESE OPTIONS WHICH WOULD ONLY TAKE EFFECT AT THE NEXT MEETING

>take control of the government
  ~this can be done by many ways
(1) as consul, for more than 5 elections, a bloodless coup could be possible. However in the next meeting you should remember to bring a substantial force (either accompanied by an ally general you told to follow you or if you are a military commander, with your own forces).
(2)as a random rep with a lot military power and a few friends in the senate, however this would definitely require your forces to invade the senate and battle the dagger-armed politicians. A battle may not commence but there would be an option to have your troops enter the building.
(3)as a military leader or random person who feels they may have substantial force of militia who feels they could do away with government and be a king. Be warned a non political or military commander without great honor may in fact might have to battle not only reps but the regiment that protected the congress.
(4) as a PM, it all depends again upon your love in the senate. It is possible to be both prime minster and consul and with those 2 positions, they should definitely be king.

Besides the takeover option there could be an option to expel someone from congress or even certain ppls in the country as outlaws.

Military Power Ideas

ORDINARY PEOPLE SHOULD NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO RAISE ARMIES. IF I AM A MAN AND I GO TO FRENCH VILLAGE, I SHOULD BE ONLY ALLOWED TO TRAN MILITIA AND FARMERS NOT CONSCRIPTS OR GRENADIERS!!! :mad: ...  jk not really but kinda.

The armies at this time were national. A private army should be made up of really really bad troops. Until you are given a military title you cannot train anyone in any national manner. I would even go as far as to cap training based on experience, for example captains can train men no higher than conscripts and so on.

I feel that as a military commander of a country. You must be given a lot of money not just as a wage but as the amount needed to train and keep men in war. But i have already talked about this via congress.

In order to establish military power, you're gonna need some powerless people. The game would need to incorporate captains, lieutenants, colonels, Brigadier Generals, Generals, and marshals. I have a plan for that as well which I will explain soon.

Your ideas are thought I could not write down I love idea, goverment coup ranging from bloodless to out right civil war.

PS your bloodless cool, and light strong arming goverment make think how the Emperor came to power himself as consul.

Captured Joe said:
Hey Quintillius, are you still looking for music from around 1800? My father has lots of info about military and religious music from these periods, and he can give suggestions for music I think.

I offered the same thing months ago, he said he doesn't and won't need it :sad:

Quintillius said:
At the moment I do not really need it  :mrgreen:.

Agovic said:
Captured Joe said:
Hey Quintillius, are you still looking for music from around 1800? My father has lots of info about military and religious music from these periods, and he can give suggestions for music I think.

I offered the same thing months ago, he said he doesn't and won't need it :sad:

:twisted:

Agovic said:
Was that really necessarily?

BTW Quintillius, I'd like to see the Bavarians get Dragoons (or Chevauxlegers) instead of their Hessian Hussar mercenaries; Historically, their only cavalry of the time consisted of Dragoons and Chevauxlegers:
[quote author=www.plasticsoldierreview.com]
In 1805 Bavaria had four regiments of Cheveau-Légers and two of Dragoons
[/quote]

(Of course, if this would disrupt the game balance, or just be too much work for too little importance, you could keep the Hessian Hussars as Bavaria's cavalry in-game...)

Back
Top Bottom