Player Kingdom - Pro's and Con's

Users who are viewing this thread

aguds said:
Does anyone know the numbers in relation a Lord must have to want to join you after you capture him?
I have spread my love around, so everybody in Swadia and Nord is around 10. And does honour(or was it renown?) count in there as well?

Ive recruited 3 lords with negative rating to me. Annoyingly i didn't know that till i recruited them as there was no way to check and now they are a pain!

dhowlett said:
aguds said:
Does anyone know the numbers in relation a Lord must have to want to join you after you capture him?
I have spread my love around, so everybody in Swadia and Nord is around 10. And does honour(or was it renown?) count in there as well?

Ive recruited 3 lords with negative rating to me. Annoyingly i didn't know that till i recruited them as there was no way to check and now they are a pain!

How do you recruit lords that don't like you?

dhowlett said:
aguds said:

That's... odd o.o Were they all related to a group of lords you were friends with? Or maybe they just hate their current king.

i was at war with them, i have 5 perswasion and at the time probabably close to 99 RTR. I gues i was just hte more attractive offer. Thing is now im king i never attack people. I let my lords attack and i support them. This means i dont get negative rating and increase my rep with my own lords. So i didn't have reason to think these lords would hate me. A fair few of my enermys have +10 / +20 with me.

What RTR should you have before you start thinking about making your own kingdom? Mines around 50 at the moment just from getting my companions to run around and gather support, I have a lot of friends aswell

I had about 40 RTR when i started. The most important thing is enough troops to insta garison a castle and have a mobile attacking force and to pick a far out place. I would suggest at least your first kingdom you make to be far out. My next one im going to go a bit more risky with but i expect to be in 3 way wars pretty quickly.

What i like about my kingdom now because i started off in rhodoks and ate them up leaving the 2 last castles between me and sarrians and leaving swadian praven i now dont get attacked by anyone and have enough lords for them to do their own thing in a war and actually win.

I think i should take praven though and kill the swadians for good but then i know ive got the nords to deal with and they are *****s.

HolyDevil said:
u could be vassal, wait for the king to deny u a fief, renounce and then recruit her familly lords (or try)

Is this possible in WB? As I didn't see any option to renounce or anything.

I would presume so.

Lord Kinlar said:
HolyDevil said:
u could be vassal, wait for the king to deny u a fief, renounce and then recruit her familly lords (or try)

Its a WB feature. If your a vassel and you take a castle and you ask for it to be given to you and you dont get it you can refuse to give it up and renounce your oaf.

Lord Kinlar said:
HolyDevil said:

You can renounce your oath by either telling the king straight up that you want out.

Or you can siege a castle/city of the enemy - and after winning it request it be given to you.
Then after a short while, the King while tell you "Sorry but.." and offer you some money while handing your prize to someone else. You can either accept, or tell him "You've been wronged!" and then renounce your oath.

When you do renounce your oath like that, you get to choose between abandoning your fiefs or keeping them and ruling them as a sovereign King. The latter will result in a war with the faction you came from, and a hit to relations to King and Country.

Pros:

- You can marry anyone without declaring vassalage, from any faction.
- You can be a king. IE you have complete control of everything that happens in your faction.
      - You can declare war on a faction wide basis towards another faction
      - You can have your companions as Lords.
      - General ruling perks.

Cons:

- Trying to balance your lords relations is a *****.
- Other factions make take a while to even recognize you as a king.
- Organizing peace agreements seems to be a *****, even when the other faction is beaten down to a pulp.

Just so Im super clear on this:

I can make my own faction by...
1) pledging someone else, getting a castle, renouncing.
2) not pledging anyone and getting a castle?

If I choose the second option, how do I fix the relations with the faction whose first castle I've taken? Im guessing they would've be pissed...

dhowlett said:
The best way is to be a vassel for a while and level up till you can carry about 120 troops. While your at it make about 4+ friends in the faction your vassel to with relations of 25-40, the higher the better obviously, who all like each other or at least dont mind . This means when you start your own kingdom you should be able to recruit at least 1 of those friends. The hardest part is starting the ball rolling because you possess only a castle and they wont want to join.

How i started my faction which is now booming:

Had 5 friends ranging from 25-50 relations in swaddy lands who were mainly from the same family or my marryed family.
Took a castle in the south of the rhodok territory right next to their city so i wasn't going to be at war with the world and only rhodoks. I marched my 200 men (i cheated because i already owned 2 castles and a city and thought it a waste after recruiting all those units so i upped the leadership bonus to carry 200 units then put it back down when i transported my units to my new castle) down to that castle and took it, gave one of my companions the village the castle came with and marched on to the city right next to it once my companion built a small army.

I then made a mistake, i gave the city to my companinion before garisoning it. The ai will build a garison for it but it takes a long long time, which is fine if you have a small kingdom but i was at war vs rhodoks entire army and gave the city to my companion who took ageees to garison and has only just managed to get 300 units in it about a week ago and my kingdom now has like 10 lords in it with 2 castles, 4 citys.

Instead i should of chose to keep the city for my self and then put at least 100 men in and given it to a lord as a pressent for joining me or maybe my companion. Then it wouldn't of been defenceless so take that as a note.

After this i desided to recruite lords. SAVE before you try each time becuase you get 1 shot, if they reject you you cant recruite them again. This is obviously very bad if they had 30 relations with you. Because all my friends in swaddy land liked each other because they were family once i recruited one they became easyer and easyer to get and when i recruited trhemn they brought their land too. They keep the castle/city but the towns are yours to dish out. I usualy give them back. I got suno and uxvil or what ever it called from just getting the lords to join. Then i took yael and a few other places.

Make sure you keep the marshell circling round, it will keep controversy down. Also you can gift the marshel and take it away and gift it again for small relationship boosts. Im going to do this to one of my vassels who i dont want to give much land to and every time is loosing relations with me. Its silly thing in the game, i now have 10 lords. I give land away they all take a -3 hit and one person gets a +10 hit. This means gradualy they all hate me because they loose more relation then they gain.

However, there is a way round this. if you ask them who they support and you gift it to the most supported person then they dont complain or ***** and get + relation points if you give it to who they supported.

However the game is also bugged because the only tyhing i can ask is who they think shouldget norma, which i gave away ages ago. But it seems to work anyway even though im gifting diferent feifs.

Hope that helped anyway.

Just thought I'd point it out. You have more than one shot at recruiting lords.

I had a bunch of Lords from Swadia not wanting to tarnish their reputations, but they were much more inclined to follow me once I crushed their petty nation inside my foot.

:grin:

Thats intresting many people have said you can only do it once and i my self have tryed again and been told to piss off.

itay said:
Just so Im super clear on this:

I can make my own faction by...
1) pledging someone else, getting a castle, renouncing.
2) not pledging anyone and getting a castle?

If I choose the second option, how do I fix the relations with the faction whose first castle I've taken? Im guessing they would've be pissed...

Youll be at war with them, you wont get a truce till they are in a 2 way war for some time so pick a nation you can handle. I went conquring them for quite some time before i gave them a truce because they were getting hammered and i needed them as a boundary against other enermys. Then i took 4 weeks of peace to build up garisons before my money was running low and my sainty pills were running low....*alt tabs back into game to axe some more peasents* ...been a bit touchy recently...

dhowlett said:
I would presume so.

Lord Kinlar said:
HolyDevil said:

Its a WB feature. If your a vassel and you take a castle and you ask for it to be given to you and you dont get it you can refuse to give it up and renounce your oaf.

No, you can't. You can do that in the original M&B, but not in WB, as you don't get any option to choose that. You don't even get paid for your effort in WB, unlike M&B. You may ask your King to be released from your oath but that's not the same thing.

Well you could in 1.102 because i did it. Though it bugged out for me and the king took my castle anyway so i took it back off him because i said i renounce my oath and keep my feifs and then i never got it. But others on the forum did so i presume it was bugged. Definitly was working ni WB 1.102 i presume they didnt patch it out but i think it bugged up in 1.105

Well, I've just captured Bulugha Castle and Ragnar has decided to give it to Reamald. All I've got so far is a message telling me about his decision. There were no option to choose from, just a plain message. Mine is 1.105 btw.

the message should come almost straight away after capturing it. Did you play older versions? Im possitive ive done it before because i only own WB lol.

Ruyina said:
I'm also intent on recruiting Ymira and Alayan as vassals when I start my kingdom. Maybe then they'll tie the knot xD

Funny, I thought of the same thing way back in old M&B: Damn, I have too much land, I'd need to reward some of my followers with fiefs, I should elevate Ymira to nobility to make her good enough for Alayen. And make her a countess while he remains a knight, to put him under her slipper and teach him some humility.

Lord Kinlar said:
Well, I've just captured Bulugha Castle and Ragnar has decided to give it to Reamald. All I've got so far is a message telling me about his decision. There were no option to choose from, just a plain message. Mine is 1.105 btw.

Did you start the siege? If you did - you should be able to "demand" the fief, and renounce your faith and keep the lands if your request is not fulfilled. I've done it on 3 different characters so far.

Back
Top Bottom