Phoenix's Persistant Guild System

Users who are viewing this thread

Phoenix234 said:
Monkey_Taco21 said:
I mean capturing a faction and taking it over

that isnt related to this system at all, anyone can capture a faction and take it over/ rename it using ingame mercanary classes.

This systems about a persistent twist to the factions system we already have.

Also Id appreciate if someone would go through the entire perk list and tell me if there are any overpowered or underpowered perks I need to fix since we have a meeting tonight about if this system would be a good idea to add to the merger

Its a good thing your still working on this o_O

Do i actually have your steam or not?

I like this idea... It was used in RCC... 'Till it died, ofcourse.

I would like to see this in Eu_NL, Eu_A or NA_PW4.

'Matt

Aldric said:
The system will be used to some extends on a special Sunday event.

I didnt know about this! :razz: Please tell me what parts so I can plan around it, I have some balance changes to make anyway

Matthieu said:
Phoenix234 said:
Monkey_Taco21 said:
I mean capturing a faction and taking it over

that isnt related to this system at all, anyone can capture a faction and take it over/ rename it using ingame mercanary classes.

This systems about a persistent twist to the factions system we already have.

Also Id appreciate if someone would go through the entire perk list and tell me if there are any overpowered or underpowered perks I need to fix since we have a meeting tonight about if this system would be a good idea to add to the merger

Its a good thing your still working on this o_O

Do i actually have your steam or not?

I like this idea... It was used in RCC... 'Till it died, ofcourse.

I would like to see this in Eu_NL, Eu_A or NA_PW4.

'Matt

I asked EU and NA to consider it for the server merge so thats 2 of your servers sorted :razz:

my steam is Phoenix5921.

I didnt really keep working on it, I made a few changes and originally made it public to use but its hard to bring onto a server without changing a ruleset hence why the merge was the best time to consider it :smile:

It seemed to work well on RCC, the system basically splits gameplay into mostly random mini events which should pull players from only killing each other.

I need to re look into the alignment attribute though, Good vs evil and all that, it needs to be balanced

I vote for that every faction isn't like Good or Evil.

That's like saying the Waffen SS knew that Hitler was (the) (d)evil.

How about having evil as your tag OOC, but looking like good knights IC. ( unless you encountered with them IC and they robbed/taxed you ofcourse )

Matthieu said:
I vote for that every faction isn't like Good or Evil.

That's like saying the Waffen SS knew that Hitler was (the) (d)evil.

How about having evil as your tag OOC, but looking like good knights IC. ( unless you encountered with them IC and they robbed/taxed you ofcourse )

I already considered that, War factions dont have that issue. its more based off traders really

for example Traders that run betting rings for duels to the death would be bad while traders help the poor out would be good
Ill have to look into it more later, its basically a sub guild inside the type trader atm Although my Reaver vs Paladin mini event has a good evil part to it :razz:

Before I forget, reminder for myself for later:

Secretive guild perk possibly, Bribe an admin with the general location/ a clue where a player is for XXXX gold ( higher then what most kills are worth) eg paid 5000 to an admin and player Bob is around the desert region or close to a beach

Matthieu said:
Bribing an admin seems so unrealistic, but yea... Bribing a player and he gives you false information in exchange... Is a waste of money.

Its called spy network. its like a very expensive perk for finding a player thats good at hiding you still need to search and that player can leave the area before you get to him etc

anything involving admins is unrealistic if you think about it

Matthieu said:
Yup, i dont imagine people running around in medieval times saying : "What did you kill him for?"

that would be normal :razz: but then teleporting away or becoming invisble would not ha

Back
Top Bottom