Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Captain Connner said:
rariisan said:
Captain Connner said:
Nero said:
That moment you beat the server owner in a ft7 and you get perm banned LOL

Which server? xP

Hey conner, when will you reinstate the town watch? Nörds.

Also did you get rid of the admin who liked to murder people for the lulz (You know, the admin with his own clan of toxic assassins)?

I currently do now own a PW server.

What happened to the server/admins?

Andrew2401 said:
Bring 3D positional voice chat to PW.
Funnily enough, the original group that motivated the creation of PW years ago (Oceanic beta servers, KoS clan + friends, Laszlo) were also early adopters of the Mumble plugin for Warband, so it was used in the very early days. Generally though, role playing doesn't seem to work very well with audible voices rather than text, since it can be much more immersion breaking to hear different accents / languages / children trying to play as a character that doesn't match up, and "out of character" reactions can be caused more often.

I don't know whether Mumble support has been broken in the Warband engine since then, but I vaguely remember that the setup was not that straightforward back then. If you search for early posts by Laszlo (moderator of this board, main developer of early PW) you might be able to find details.
Exima said:
I'd like to make some 3d models for the mod as I've got some time at my hands atm.
See the end of the first post of the sticky suggestions thread for more details.
Zebulon11 said:
Hey trying to run PW on my Mac.. But all the textures come up as white in game... Any fixes?
Due to some custom shaders used in PW, made with the Windows HLSL format before the Steam Mac / Linux versions were available: since they don't exist in the GLSL shader format necessary for your system, the meshes are rendered blank white. I have heard it should be possible to write / convert to GLSL shaders, but I don't have the time. You could try this patch I posted for someone else with the same problem; it reverts usages of custom PW shaders to similar shaders in Native, and should at least look better than white meshes. I haven't tested it, or got feedback on whether it works, so it hasn't been listed in the download section.
MATANZA said:
Why does this mod get rid of ~half of the native content? I mean weapons and armors.
I do not think that is true: PW makes available basically all the Native resources that are of the updated Warband visual standard, with a few exceptions for balance purposes with this game mode type, and not necessarily including every single item in a very similar group (such as some almost identical swords); resources in the old early M&B style are included where there is nothing comparable in the new Warband resources, or for use as basic "junk" items; but redundant or ugly (according to my taste) old items are not included.

I installed pw.

but for instance when I enter the server it keeps downloading the map over and over and over. and a lot of the textures are in white, does this mod work with Mac os 10.10 or not?

Flecha said:
Can I use this dowloand link for Mac, or do I need to dowloand someting else? Please don't tell me it's unavailable for mac.

Vornne said:
some other guy said:
ying to run PW on my Mac.. But all the textures come up as white in game... Any fixes?

Due to some custom shaders used in PW, made with the Windows HLSL format before the Steam Mac / Linux versions were available: since they don't exist in the GLSL shader format necessary for your system, the meshes are rendered blank white. I have heard it should be possible to write / convert to GLSL shaders, but I don't have the time. You could try this patch I posted for someone else with the same problem; it reverts usages of custom PW shaders to similar shaders in Native, and should at least look better than white meshes. I haven't tested it, or got feedback on whether it works, so it hasn't been listed in the download section.

Skaggs said:
Zebulon11 said:
Hey trying to run PW on my Mac.. But all the textures come up as white in game... Any fixes?

Another fix is just to run it with wine instead of the linux version (since the linux version is VERY buggy) and has alot of issues..

Hey man, I read your post and thought I'd look into it. You can play Warband and PW perfectly with Wine.

I never heard of it until then. Cheers.  :grin:

Honestly, I have no idea how most of the player base turned to have an IQ level lower than the sea level. It wasn't like that back when it was released, but I guess it's due to the fact that there are no more serious server hosters who can take on the high level of stupidity and actually promote some basic moral values within the community. Sure, we did have such people all the time, but they were quickly silenced. That can't be the case anymore when it's them running the initiative.

Sir Rivenal said:
Delete this mod. All players is troll or low.

Constant spawn camping and spawn robbery? Feel ya, I got literally robbed out of all starting coins before leaving spawn or had no one who wanted to farm because it is obivously not fun and you can't swap between farmer to soldier without losing all of your farming abilities.

I'm casual troll player but leaving from the horde populated servers.
We can basically do nothing for them because they are too many and too demi to giving chance any ****s.

My recommendation is to play on Chinese servers. They are looks very started warband moreover multiplayer game players not affected by multiplayer game experience nowadays.

And their own language acting as huge wall against modern zombie horde. Do you believe in their organization as one of their PW server has 60+ players at peak and non-admin civil guards protecting designated commoners area which coded on rules to be no any harm for commoners.

I just got banned due to one time simple cart theft though.

Cheers,

Sir Rivenal said:
Delete this mod. All players is troll or low.

Back
Top Bottom