Persistent World 4.5.1 - download and general discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

If anything, the test patch that removes the new mashes makes me crash faster...

I am also starting to see connections everywhere, so it's time for a little break on trying new stuff it might be related to myself  :roll:

I am installing the non-steam version atm and hopefully that give me a more positive result.

The only thing I am sure of atm is that I seem to last a LOT longer when I play windowed, rather then fullscreen.

EDIT: My friend who had been playing for a good while (somewhere around an hour) just crashed for the first time, after mounting a saddle horse.

Now I don't necissarily crash everytime I am mounting a horse myself, but I am curious if it might have something to do with the new animations?

While it's not a discussion about the mod you should take a look at that.

http://v2.c-rpg.net/epic

Crpg is fund raising to get their own game. While it's not similar to PW4 it's interesting to see how they plan this.

Aldric said:
While it's not a discussion about the mod you should take a look at that.

http://v2.c-rpg.net/epic

Crpg is fund raising to get their own game. While it's not similar to PW4 it's interesting to see how they plan this.

I don't see why you post this in the PW4 main thread? Maybe it's just me, but it seems a bit out of place here...

Besides; It can't be viewed by anyone who isn't logged in.

BlitzKrieg-BoB said:
EDIT: My friend who had been playing for a good while (somewhere around an hour) just crashed for the first time, after mounting a saddle horse.

Now I don't necissarily crash everytime I am mounting a horse myself, but I am curious if it might have something to do with the new animations?
Interesting, I crashed after dismounting an admin horse.

Well, I just crashed while picking up a sickle I had just bought while jumping onto the table it was slying on.
There were a few people nearby riding and mounting horses, but they had been doing so for a while now.

This was on a non-steam version I downloaded to test that theorie. MYTH BUSTED!!! .... .... yeah, it still sucks though.

Next I will try turning off ragdolls to see if it is caused by people dying nearby and I will test the banner info feature, since I seem to crash a LOT faster since I edited that.

Vornne said:
Fix swapped visual meshes for interior scene props interior_castle_x and interior_castle_y.

Splintert said:
Maybe the crashing is related to a prop mesh issue like that gatehouse we had a few versions ago?

Heh, I bet this is where you got the idea from in the first place, but the realisation this was in the patch notes felt like slamming my face into a brick wall.
Since the crashing appears to happen randomly, I am also curious about this now, Splintert.
It would also explain why some maps have the error and others don't.

Would be a bit of a wasted day for me trying lots of things in-game to see if it still makes me crash, but oh well...  :roll:

If it helps..

Two of my crashes have been whilst AFK teleported inside a building for safety, so not resulting from being attacked but literally standing still with only the view changing as players go by, and chat scrolls.

I think the crashes are tied to a memory leak, my RAM usage goes up and up while playing M&B PW6 and as soon as I break a certain point it crashes.

EDIT : Yes I'm pretty sure about it at this point. All my crashes occured after a certain threshold in my ram usage.

I checked it out and I seem to have the same.

Earlier I also noticed that when I turn off "Load textures on demand" I seem to get this bug, I previously only got after having PW running and in a server for at least 3 hours straight and up, in about 10-15 minutes. This bug involves the display freezing and then switching a few frames back and forth. It will keep switching between the same 2 frames, unless I alt+tab out of the game and back in or minimize the window with alt+enter. Then the game will continue running normally for another 15 minutes before it happens again. I can usually alt+tab/alt+enter to fix this about 3-4 times before it actually crashed, giving me the same runtime error I keep getting now. It's why I always log out instead of just going afk these days.

I figured this was caused by my RAM usage reaching it's max as well and if it really IS caused by the same thing, then ongre might be onto something here.

PW_Crash_1.png

Crashed at that point.

Splintert said:
32-bit application RAM limit.

How long does it take?
Took just over an hour on a server with 36 players. Would be interesting to monitor v5 vs v6 RAM usage on the same map.

The crashing is getting very bad, it has killed our population, and no NA server has any players besides our 16-26 who say they crash sometimes but can still stay on for a while.  I don't know what to do.  Should we roll back to beta5 until this is worked out?

Back
Top Bottom