persistent empires help thread

Users who are viewing this thread

question 1
Everytime a bolt from a flintlock or a throwing axe hits one of the shields the client crashes any idea y?

question 2
Is it possible to make it so a person can choose the faction they wish to join at the start of the game? for example in native when you have to pick swadia or rhodocks in multilayer would that be possible in pw?

Arthur_Pendragon said:
Everytime a bolt from a flintlock or a throwing axe hits one of the shields the client crashes any idea y?
I've never personally experienced anything like that, but it seems similar to vague reports from other players over the years, all playing Native, I think. I found this quite old report and this very old report, but nothing very conclusive. Does everyone who has connected to your server crash, or is it just one client / the thrower / the player hit? Have you edited any item attack triggers or mission template agent hit triggers / scripts? Are you using items copied from another mod with existing triggers?

Edit: I saw this report when looking at recent bugs; do you think you might be using the same or similar code or techniques as that other mod, which causes the crash?
Arthur_Pendragon said:
Is it possible to make it so a person can choose the faction they wish to join at the start of the game? for example in native when you have to pick swadia or rhodocks in multilayer would that be possible in pw?
It's possible, but you would have to write all the scripts and presentations needed yourself from scratch: PW is not based on Native (as opposed to basically every other mod), it is an almost total rewrite; so the Native features are not just sitting there unused, ready to be enabled again. Just copying bits from the Native module system would be more trouble than it would be worth: many of the underlying systems are quite different.

Vornne said:
Arthur_Pendragon said:
I've never personally experienced anything like that, but it seems similar to vague reports from other players over the years, all playing Native, I think. I found this quite old report and this very old report, but nothing very conclusive. Does everyone who has connected to your server crash, or is it just one client / the thrower / the player hit? Have you edited any item attack triggers or mission template agent hit triggers / scripts? Are you using items copied from another mod with existing triggers?

Edit: I saw this report when looking at recent bugs; do you think you might be using the same or similar code or techniques as that other mod, which causes the crash?

yes everyone on the server crashes what i did was take throwing axes from native and put them iin pw same with the flintlock ill look into the item flag thing and thanks for the link

Arthur_Pendragon said:
question 3: is it possible to make a horse that can be mouted by two people?

That is really interesting if that feature is able to be implemented. Will defiantly be looking to add that to PF.

Arthur_Pendragon said:
is it possible to make a horse that can be mouted by two people?
There is no way with the module system operations, and probably no possible way that looks decent, even if you figured out some fancy trick to attach an agent floating in the air behind a horse. As you can see how the carts don't allow people to ride on them when attached (the throwing off is a game engine feature / bug, reported to TW but seemingly ignored), I have tried to allow a similar thing since ages ago with no success.

question 2
[/quote]

Why not just do what i've seen happen on a few maps and have the commoner spawn in area have faction training posts? Or just make it so they can spawn to certain castles.

Hey vornne lets say i make a class named Legatus and i only want there to be one person in a faction be able to be that class, how can i limit how many people can be a class in a faction.

Arthur_Pendragon said:
Hey vornne lets say i make a class named Legatus and i only want there to be one person in a faction be able to be that class, how can i limit how many people can be a class in a faction.
Many different ways; you would have to script it yourself from scratch because PW doesn't have that sort of feature (lord troop restrictions don't check who is in the faction, just whether the player is lord at that time). One way could be to define a new troop slot like "slot_troop_maximum_in_faction" and set it to 1, 2, 5 or whatever for the troops you want to limit (at game start, in script initialize_game_rules), then in script cf_player_can_use_troop add an else_try section after the one for trp_godlike_hero which gets the player's faction id then loops over all players adding up the count of other players with the same faction id and troop id, failing if greater or equal to the new slot mentioned above. Then you'd probably want to check all places that call script_cf_player_can_use_troop (using a git or file search) to return appropriate error messages.

Not really a simple change, but not difficult for an experienced M&B scripter.

Vornne said:
Arthur_Pendragon said:
Many different ways; you would have to script it yourself from scratch because PW doesn't have that sort of feature (lord troop restrictions don't check who is in the faction, just whether the player is lord at that time). One way could be to define a new troop slot like "slot_troop_maximum_in_faction" and set it to 1, 2, 5 or whatever for the troops you want to limit (at game start, in script initialize_game_rules), then in script cf_player_can_use_troop add an else_try section after the one for trp_godlike_hero which gets the player's faction id then loops over all players adding up the count of other players with the same faction id and troop id, failing if greater or equal to the new slot mentioned above. Then you'd probably want to check all places that call script_cf_player_can_use_troop (using a git or file search) to return appropriate error messages.

Not really a simple change, but not difficult for an experienced M&B scripter.

ok thank you another problem we encountered is that kicks are insta killing people, in one shot and sometimes punches and some of the swords.

i went back and made sure all the swords didnt do more that 30 damage.

but the problem still persist.

edit: it seems it only happens after u have die that the one hitting begins but it only does it with the classes for pe.

Arthur_Pendragon said:
another problem we encountered is that kicks are insta killing people, in one shot and sometimes punches and some of the swords.

edit: it seems it only happens after u have die that the one hitting begins but it only does it with the classes for pe.
You added new troops but didn't set their slots for respawn health (and stats chart ranking) in script initialize_game_rules.

I probably should have added extra fields to the troop definitions and generated a script to set the slots at build time (as done for various item and scene prop slots), but I couldn't be bothered at the time, since playable troops are simpler and less numerous.

Back
Top Bottom