was this helpful?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no, please tell me how to improve.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

No its not, you could of course try to copy the native module folder and open the single file with it then. Wont work often though, because many things in one file are bound to things in other files. (Thats also why it would not be possible to just open one file, without errors.)

McNools said:
is it possible to just edit one file with the editor? let's say if I want to edit a conversation file or item file and loading the whole module doesn't work.

What error are you getting?

Effidian said:
McNools said:
is it possible to just edit one file with the editor? let's say if I want to edit a conversation file or item file and loading the whole module doesn't work.

What error are you getting?

Well, lots of different ones, none of the mods I try to load in the editor works

For instance, when I try to lead the Hundred Years War 3.0 in the editor it comes up with this:

parties.txt: Error reading record 43. Error: Syntax error: Missing operand after 's_party' operator.
parties.txt: Error reading record 44. Error: There is no row at position 44.
scripts.txt: Error reading record 0. Error: Cannot find key. Key: 494, Table: Variables
scripts.txt: Error reading record 1. Error: Cannot find key. Key: 494, Table: Variables
scripts.txt: Error reading record 2. Error: Cannot find key. Key: 495, Table: Variables
scripts.txt: Error reading record 3. Error: Cannot find key. Key: 495, Table: Variables
scripts.txt: Error reading record 4. Error: Cannot find key. Key: 494, Table: Variables
scripts.txt: Error reading record 5. Error: Cannot find key. Key: 494, Table: Variables
scripts.txt: Error reading record 6. Error: Cannot find key. Key: 496, Table: Variables
scripts.txt: Error reading record 7. Error: Cannot find key. Key: 496, Table: Variables

That's caused by an apostrophe ( ' ) in the id of the party. If you remove it or change it to an underscore that should take care of it.

I thought you couldn´t load hunderd years war, because it has some fancy party stuff in it.
I get the same error when trying to load it, and i changed absolutly nothing in the mod, so i dont think you can make it loadable,without messing with the whole mod.

One could edit the text files directly though.

regarding the opening of the module, which folder do I have to open, when I try to open the module folder in the Mount and Blade folder it says:

'The specified directory need to point to the Mount and Blade 'module directory you wish to modify'

The module folder has folders inside it. Each of those is a mod and is what you're looking for. Native is the standard unmodded game.

Sorry but I just can't find out how to edit the city values (names and places) can anybody help please? Thank you already.

roberknight said:
Sorry but I just can't find out how to edit the city values (names and places) can anybody help please? Thank you already.

Cities are actually Parties.  Look on the Party page for the cities you wish to change.

Making a Party spawn where you want 

Step 1- create party template, ad troops, get it the way you want.

Step 2- go to trigger number 25, copy it and paste it.

step 3- Edit the party/party templates in the trigger to the ones you want

where will above party spawn~?

I tried but failed

Hello,

I added a new sword item and am just wondering where it is? I have been to a few towns and its not there. Any ideas?

thanks

in the effidian's editor. load the mod you have imported the sword Go to troops>trp_Zendar_chest>Very to the right it is wrote "inventory" press the + button> find your sword, press the "OK" button and save.
then you start m&b load> your save> go to zenda> go to the tavern> aim at the chest, press F and there is your sword  :grin:

Br the jub said:
in the effidian's editor. load the mod you have imported the sword Go to troops>trp_Zendar_chest>Very to the right it is wrote "inventory" press the + button> find your sword, press the "OK" button and save.
then you start m&b load> your save> go to zenda> go to the tavern> aim at the chest, press F and there is your sword  :grin:

Doesn't work for me. I was using it to replace an item that i accidentally sold, but it wouldn't work. I did just as you said. Does it matter if the chest already had items in it? Or if the chest started with items in it in the beginning of the game?

phbbbt107 said:
Br the jub said:

Doesn't work for me. I was using it to replace an item that i accidentally sold, but it wouldn't work. I did just as you said. Does it matter if the chest alreadyy had items in it? Or if the chest started with items in it in the beginning of the game?
No, it doesn't matter if the chest already had items in it. But I think you have to start a new save.

Cool editor,i'd say. But how do i add chests? I have searched A LOT and can't find some tutorials about it.

Here's what i did.

1. Copy zendar_chest,added items, (in the troop screen)

2. Added it in a scene

3. Shows up as men without proper clothing!

4. I changed the scene in the troops screen to random scene.

5. *got surprised* no men or chests!!

I have choosen a position that was NOT token,still,the same happened  :evil:

Edit: I know how to now. No worries.

i still have troubles with editing helmets... then aain i use the ufficial editor.
so, when do the unofficial editor get availible fer o.808?

I know this is really old but i was wondering how to create a new mod in this? i try to open up one but i just get this SUPER long error message

As has been said before, the Unofficial editor DOES NOT WORK with the latest version of Mount and Blade, 0.808.
It will ONLY work for 0.751 or earlier.

It WILL NOT be updated for 0.808. You really should learn Python, since it's really easier, and the only choice for modding 0.808.

Back
Top Bottom