[OSP] MP COOP campaign "engine" V0.2 gamma (1.10.2013)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys...new news here...
I didn't responded anymore because my replays would bring even more questions...Also I think that I will not post the source code anymore, because if I will make it cool, I will post it as a mod.
This is my progress so far:

- main menu server selection: you can choose a server from masterserver or by typing the ip you wanna connect to. Note: the masterserver will not be up, because it doesen't have server down detection.
- troops are now synced between server - client
- added a simple command line, in wich you can type server defined commands( buy/sell items/troop, teleport, change player icon, etc)
- added the ability to buy/sell items/troops (only from command line, later will be from presentations)
- added real time display in right down corner of the game
- added time sync between players(all players will have the same game time)
- added weather sync between players. Also the weather is serverside controlled, thanks to cmpxchg8b post.
- added server is not up message (it tells you if the server is down ingame)
- added custom player icon: each player can set it's map icon with the command "set_icon <icon_id>"
- added error log, in case the server receives invalid packets
- added battle support (yeah...you need to hit escape-> save and exit-> multiplayer->join server-> server that handles the battles)

- removed all AI scripts and triggers and stuffs
- removed all towns/cities/villages (I will add them back later, but they will work differently)
- removed quests, dialogs, conversations, most of the game menues, most presentations, missiont templates, parties and all unnecesary stuffs
- removed some main menu buttons

- improved by a lot server - client data sending
- improved no pause mod

In the battle, you can choose only the items that you already own. Also when you spawn, all of your troops will spawn with you. In future I will add join a battle options, for having battles with more that 2 players.

Sorry, but there is no download for what I currently have.

Here are some pics:
sGr5X2a.jpg
jrReyS8.jpg
HAt5wJc.jpg
AXo60q0.jpg
GAUqvsS.jpg
KIfm1pN.jpg

Beobart said:
Looks interesting, I am no scripter so I have no idea what you are doing, but I am really looking forward to this project.

If I understood it correctly:

You play a normal native solo campaign, but here, your position infos are sent to a webserver that will synchronise with the second guy and so, the position of this player will appear at his screen. That's the schema.

Great to have you updating it Dragon, I was so sad, I thought you abandonned the project, I think it was the case of some other guys.
gg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom