One last question!

Users who are viewing this thread

Malaken said:
Hello Devs! I hope you read this and reply if possible.

One thing I enjoyed about the original Sword of Damocles is the fact that I could hire Lords without actually talking to Companions, you could just ask your Staff to hire a new lord and that was that. Any chance that could ever be returned possibly? Another thing that I do not enjoy is the recruitment process, Im not utterly sure how it works as I send out men to recruit but they always die :razz:

Any tips?
1: Recruitment of soldiers?
2: Hiring Lords?

Thanks.
The Lord system has been overhauled since SOD. This time it is integrated in diplomacy. You can hire "Away Lords" by gaining a town  and hiring a Chancellor. You also have to be king in order to do so.

The Recruits have a better chance of finding troops at short distances and places where they don't have to cross hostile territory.

Thank you for the reply! One last question SORRY!

1: Is there anyway to make your Kingdom say a Nord Kingdom? Or a Swadian one? Or MUST it be one of the special ones?

Also when it comes to recruitment, do you recruit your Kingomes culture from towns that YOU own or will they have to travel to other towns like for example..

If I am playing as the Merinians or whatever they are called, will they recruit from areas I control or will they have to go across the map to the actual Merinian lands?

Malaken said:
Thank you for the reply! One last question SORRY!
1: Is there anyway to make your Kingdom say a Nord Kingdom? Or a Swadian one? Or MUST it be one of the special ones?
Also when it comes to recruitment, do you recruit your Kingomes culture from towns that YOU own or will they have to travel to other towns like for example..
If I am playing as the Merinians or whatever they are called, will they recruit from areas I control or will they have to go across the map to the actual Merinian lands?
Currently the mod only allows you to play one of the new kingdoms. You can recruit from anywhere, but recruits come in the tradition of the nation that holds their land. 

If you want to exclusively recruit from the Nords, you can, but you need to recruit reinforcements to your castles and towns from the villages to get nobles who you can form regiments with.

Malaken said:
Alright thank you for your help, I appreciate it.
There is some conflict between the "here's a great big sandbox, have fun" and the "here's and interesting story, pay attention" impulses in every mod.  Right now there is a lot of activity on the sandbox end, but in order for the mod to really go anywhere there needs to be a narrative or people are going to go play "World of Track Repair".

As SOD:Warlords starts to stray into story territory I'll eventually make 2 modes when starting a new game, one that triggers the story and leaves the map the way it is now, and the 2nd which sets up the game for story play.

Bloodshed will always be a sandbox though.

Computica said:
As SOD:Warlords starts to stray into story territory I'll eventually make 2 modes when starting a new game, one that triggers the story and leaves the map the way it is now, and the 2nd which sets up the game for story play.
Bloodshed will always be a sandbox though.
I think there is a lot of good story material in the sandbox. We're playing with the best game system out there because it let's us make it our own.

Back
Top Bottom