One empire conquering the entire map in 5-7 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Tytos_EU

Recruit
2nd campaign now, it's not fun that way.

So please double the garrison size and give a faction a buff when they loose a town (+20% garrison in all other towns, so that it would stack up to +160% garrison and make it nearly impossible for a faction to loose it's last settlement).

Yeah I see that as an issue as well, I think the player should be the major balance changer, once he decides to do it. Otherwise it gets very dull, when you live the trader life and start something else after a few years just to have only one major faction really left.
It can be all dynamic with as mentioned, garrison bonuses, hidden stat bonuses, or the losing factions getting alliances and help, while the aggressor might have to deal with a second front opening up, or being more susceptible to peace treaties after a successful push.

Yeah I see that as an issue as well, I think the player should be the major balance changer, once he decides to do it. Otherwise it gets very dull, when you live the trader life and start something else after a few years just to have only one major faction really left.
It can be all dynamic with as mentioned, garrison bonuses, hidden stat bonuses, or the losing factions getting alliances and help, while the aggressor might have to deal with a second front opening up, or being more susceptible to peace treaties after a successful push.
That would be Perfect !!

From what I experienced the main problem here are bandits. Defeated lords have no chance of rebuilding army cause they are harassed by tons of bandits and either can't leave castle/city or lose fights with bandits. Strange thing is that those bands run from me if they don't have twice my number but attack lords when they have same amount of troops.

There also doesn't appear to be an internal fracturing system. Ideally large empires should risk breaking apart somehow. It would be great if they had a feature where a kingdom could split into two (or more) kingdoms, kind of like how the Empire did canonically. It would do a lot to nerf snowballing blobs, and it would be cool to have a scenario where say, Vlandia conquers everything but then splits, and all kingdoms are Vlandian successor states.

it could be very simply countered that if one faction would be getting too strong, many others declare war on him to balance it out

The problem is it assumes the war declarations are competent, which with typical handcoded "AI" isn't necessarily the case. If it's done early enough it should work though.

Yeah I think that the issue is the AI is being "too competent". They see no reason for peace if they take castle after castle, they just go on and on. Many changes to AI behaviour, could also have adverse effects, like I suggested earlier that other empires would form alliances to defeat the strong powers. This could lead to Battanians leaving their homelands and end up fighting a war for years on the far east, while their home gets ravaged by bandits.
Bandits also seem pretty strong and formidable opponents. For the Khuzait the lowest is basically a T2 shock cavalry and the rest are shock/ranged hybrids. Any defeated lord however will just get T1 infantry that will get shredded by either.
In my book, it is nice to have a persistent world where resources are limited and generated and economy is simulated. However it creates exactly these situations. So I do not see them changing that unless they give the AI certain stat/money/recruitment cheats, while also givng the AI certain scripts that will make them go for peach automatically, after taking 1-2 cities/castles.. And yes, I also agree that this is one of the top priorities.

Back
Top Bottom