- OLD v.0.99 M - (serious Testering pls and only ONE editable post!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kurgan#1

Regular
OLD v. 0.99 M SERIOUS TESTING Update available Dwld

PLEASE, DO NOT POST HERE IF U ARE NOT A SERIOUS TESTER

Also, please, keep the "writing structure" when posting, as I kindly asked.  :wink:

GABRILDURO said:
EDIT by Gabrilduro in 2013 :
Back in action, hard and tough like never before, doing mostly on my own, but helped and supported by my best friends and TSs!!!

NEW  v. 0.99

I will have to sit down and fix this list and also add the many other things done.  :???:
...Ok, I ll try to keep it updated, but pls help me, J O E  !  :wink:

-CUSTOM Battles changed scenarios and fixed ALL
-MULTY-PLAYER on a Lan or alone ,
Playable now with TEN different Factions, including France and...Lost Island CREATURES !!  :shock:

-added FORMATIONS and ORDERS! Amazing job  :mrgreen: (THX to Super HARLY!)
-named all French Centers, Lords and Ladies (THX BB for great help!!)
-new troop tree and names/items for France
-all indian Towns look the same, as an Indian Camp
-all Western Towns have a western town scene.
-fixed ALL Centers COORDS in ALL the Map, as well, pard' !  ...some have to be assigned, cuz of some errors?!  :wink:
-Richmond Battlefield and most ACW scenes FIXED
-Miners Village (close to Denver) had some cactus_c that caused crash and some entry points were missing
-MANY Centers (Towns/Forts and Villages) will look very close or even IDENTICAL.
To speed up the process of updating 1860s,  I decided to "group" some centers and give a more "western and 1860s LOOK to the Mod, even if they very seldom random, see? I liked the final result, enough ....and I m sure u guys will as well.
Some ppl promised to work on some rough scenes and they will fix, or even create, new ones!  :cool:
-Added ALL resources for making Scenes (pls, define Map ONLY the World strategic Map, folks!  :twisted: )
So now more modern and Western PROPS, Houses and buildings...Trains...and military SHIPS can be added in the scene!!!  :cool:
-Added all weapons and.... improved skills for a great weapon: the Remington (Admy, happy? :wink: )
-MODIFIED A LOT OF THEM AND A LOT OF STUFF, creating NEW Horses, Guns, Outfits, etc
-poisoned arrows with high damage to kill instantly!
-NEW Horses FULLY EQUIPPED!!
-added all uniforms!!!
-made new troop trees
-made new assignements for troops guns and items
-deleted Canada and made a new faction for France, with full new  troop tree
-placed many new French Centers in Mexico-Deleted Indian raiders and added APACHES!!!...........YESSS!!!!!!!!!!
-Comanches are now mixed Indians/Mexican COMANCHEROS
-improved  many skills and assignements
-made new faces for most troops....and some characters. THX a lot to JOE!!!
-made new Companions and Merchants with names of friends and Supporters (...wait to see Marecone the Rebel!!!  :twisted: )
-changed some Text at start (...and a lot has to be changed yet....but that damned work KILLs my eye!)
-Some new great sounds
-Wanderful Music according to Factions and....circumstances!!!
-swords drawing sounds are intended to be associated to charging trumpet music....and the effect when ordering to switch to melee is a massive and contagious charging effect!  :razz:
-reverse handling of some knives are one of my inventions and is based on the fighting habit of most indians and white adventurers.
when I trained ppl in self defense, that is the best way to use a knife, due to shortest and quickest moves that are not easily predictable...and is very difficult to take it away from the owner...hehehe

--many other things that I cannot remember or that are still in my...hands.
Hope that all Testers will post comments on the many new issues that will find in this last update.

I think I will upload it in few more days.

Things that I just fixed now:
-DELETED "Hurry Become master of the field" during Multiplayer Battles ( I HATED that!!!  :roll: :roll: )
-ALL weapons show perfectly in Inventory, now!!! (GAX will love it, hehehe  :mrgreen: )
-Ammos show on troops as Holsters or ammobelts. Choose the right belt for Your revolvers
-Military reverse draw for revolvers, in Usa and CSA Troops (very realistic!  :cool: )

THINGS STILL TO  DO or FIX
-explosive arrows with dynamite on them
.....some bugs that still occur, sometimes... :roll:

Pls, EDIT and copy&paste ur old "Testing" POST and make a new one, so I will see it down here in this Topic !  :wink:
Gab

Old 0.98 Link
http://mountandblade.nexusmods.com/download/1000000012

OLD COMMENT
04/07/2012  I've just started my first campaign in the 0.95 version.  I'm starting as a Confederate but havent allied myself to them as yet.  Initial thoughts are=

1.  The game is running alot smoother.

2.  Its looking fantastic on the map screen.

3.  The new look weapons and clothing are looking good as well.  I'm glad to see a more varied collection of weapons both firearm and melee but more swords would be welcome. (I don't know if they are in the pipeline already).

4.  The new battle maps are looking great with new forts etc. 

5.  I'm loving being able to crouch and fire.  A quick question on that would be whether it makes a difference to accuracy?

Gabby I don't know how you've managed to make so much progress doing it by yourself, hopefully with so many new people involved it will move a lot faster. Keep up the good work and i'll report again soon.

16/10/2012  I'm continuing on with my Confederate Campaign and the game just seems to get better and better.  Carrying on with my thoughts list (I don't have many thoughts thats why there are so few. lol  Only kidding because i've not had many issues so far).

6.  I found an issue with Gabby's cannon Shotgun.  When fired at distance it veers way to the left side so you have to aim to the right to get a hit.

7.  I'm now considering getting married. (That will make me a triple bigamist, between my real wife and my wife in 1776 and now this one, I wonder if I can join the the Mormon Community  :twisted:).

8.  I have a very small army of around 80 which makes for some great fights against those Damn Yankees.  Although I have problems building an army because of lack of villages/Forts/Cities in the far south around the Florida area.  I found I had to keep going to the same villages over and over which takes time, and that in turns affects the ability to fight battles more often then you have the problem of replenishing the troops you've got.

9.  I found that having a flag on your back stops you being able to ride in third person because it blocks your view.  The only way you can see is to go into first person which isn't so good while mounted.  But thats not a big problem.

Thats all the issues i've had since my last post.  Gameplay is still excellent and graphics are great.  Keep up the good work Gabby and the rest of your small army of helpers.  I have a small question though.  Will the Brits be back in Canada?  I do miss my Highlanders.  :grin:

18/10/12  If I make love all the time Gabby, then there will be no room for World Domination...  Mwahaahaa.  :twisted:

26/10/12  I'm still testing Gabby, should have an update soon.  Just trying to sqeeze some time in why preparing to move home on 31/10/12.

29/10/12  I've got too much on at the moment with moving house and I won't be online til the end of the week when the Sky man comes to refit my internet in my new house.  But will restart hopefully by the end of the week Gaby.  Sorry, but as you know, life has a way of interfering with the things we want to do. :smile:

Dear Bask, Kurgy, Druggedmonkey , etc etc
Thx very much for initiating some posts.!!!!
They just were in the wrong spot (Developers Progress, or else !  :twisted: )

So, I decided to open this New Topic (I hate new Topics, but I will delete some Old ones, than).

I want us all (testers and friends) to focus on my last updates.
I will start with some:

-KNOWN ISSUES

-Some few Centers (Towns/forts/villages) have not a finished Scene, expecially for battles.
FIXED (but RICHMOND has a wrong Walls Battle Scene....)
-Main City for Indian Faction is a Cheyenne camp with Red Cloud as a Leader. Needs to be switched with a Main Camp Sioux, up in the north. FIXED
-Federal Generals have NAKED BODY!! mmmhhh...  I forgot to flag "civilian" for the Generals Uniforms and Hat!!
  :roll: FIXED

Please A L L Testers open ONE only post and make a list of things, ordered by subjects.
DO NOT open more than one, but keep editing that first one you made, ok?

I left u all many days to play around and I asked u all to send ur lists to BB and Captured Joe, but apparently few of u understood that... :eek:

So, just do it here, and as soon and as best possible, and READ CAREFULLY, please (post some questions if not clear, but DO NOT send me PMs, unless I ask u, PLEASE).

Open ur post with a list of:
<THINGS U LOVED (and list all the NEW ones!!)
<THINGS WRONG
<THINGS BUGGED OR NOT CLEAR

TRY TO SEE THINGS IN A POSITIVE AND IN A "GABRILDURO'S" WAY.
This is my MOd and has my modding will in it. Some things are MEANT to be in some ways, is just a question of personal taste. Do not ask to changhe it (maybe to modify, ...well, yes  :wink: ).
But I kept an historical correct view and gameplay, and added some "Modified" custom objects that ONLY the player can decide to use (even in Custom Battles and in Multiplayer, -ALONE- or in a -LAN-.
there is NOT an Internet Server !)
Some things are WRONG or missing, cuz I did tons of things ALL together and I messed up some of them... :oops:
Pls let me know.

-PLEASE, DO NOT send me PMs. I cannot read them all, so I m ignoring them atm.
-Do it as a LIST, not as a speech.
-Use the shortest sentences as possible, so that will not become a sort of a "Holy Bible" to read!!!  :roll:
-DO NOT worry on how others Testers will write about the Mod and its issues. Say what YOU think and try to be as Positive as you can be!! At the end, I will consider the majority and the best written of the comments.
-please make PICS of the new version, showing ur character, troops and best scenes.
Add them in the Screenshots Topic.
-use PICS to show also errors and bugs (1 pic is like 1000 words, sometimes!!). Put them in  the Screenshots Topic, as well, and then add the link to them here, in ur edited post.

PLS, some of u, make VIDEOS as well. Many scenes and best items deserve a nice videpperformance, don t u think?  :razz:

Next Testing for 0.97 will be done by the best and most SUPPORTIVE Testers, only.
Those that  got the actual version but just did a slobby testing, reporting and, most important, they did no supporting  job, will not get it.

I will edit this comment when I can...I still need some recovery time. :cry:

Please, really...try to be -KIND, SHORT and CLEAR-   :cool:

Thx to the best and still SUPPORTING of u all
Gabby

PS...ok... my english ios NOT perfect, so pls READ it more times and in case, ASK!  :twisted:

Also, Joe, Mick and BB, I will particularly check YOUR Lists, so pls start ur own ones!!  :cool:

<THINGS U LOVED
Ok just noticed the caravans, villages and cities have new and AWESOME icons, they are amazing!
The Massive selection of Horses, the Indian style ponies are gorgeous!
The scenes used in wild west towns are amazing, and the gunfights in them feel like something from a film!
I love the varied selection of settler troops types, they have a really authentic feel to them.
The huge amount of outlaw bands (bandits) in the west really added to game play, i have rounded up about 50 of them atm
The line battles between CSA and USA are epic to behold!
The more i play the more i love the seiges! seriously the open field style ones are amazing
<THINGS WRONG
Most Lords have the same face code, maybe people could submit face codes for historical figures? abe lincon etc
The officer on troop tree as mentioned by captured joe is npc, ad no matter how may you upgrade from below rank only one ever appears I list.
Why when i as a mercenary/unaligned attacked the CSA, the USA federal become my enemy also, even though they were at war with CSA at the time, that however could just be a mount and blade error and not mod related.
Attacking New Orleans during a siege (lead troops into battle) causes a crash to desktop, i've tried 6 times with same result.

The Indian "Cities" (not forts/villages) seem to be all underwater? so far i have lead my troops in 3 sieges  and always about 70% of the map is underwater, including all the defenders.
Under the water the map details look great! would just be better with lower water (so like a swamp/ ankle to knee deep water) opposed to a lake:smile:
Only one i found in .96 i didn't see in .95 was Simon Cameron (for me at day 281 he is with settlers, unsure if that starting action) isn't wearing clothes  :oops: :shock: :lol: just like brown shorts :mrgreen:

Attacking a party of wild animals causes an RGL error (missing texture on buffalo) while you can alt out, close error and continue it leaves one buffalo invisible (while rest are visible)

When making my own kingdom i can assign fief to companions yet while they show up on characters list, and show up as owning the fief they never appear on map or respond to Marshall to war, they seem to just vanish from eveywhere, including the governor palace of their cities

I conclusion its seriously not only one of my favorite mods ever, but one of my favorite games ever and would have gladly bought it if it was a paid expansion pack!

You did a excellent job gabby!

I'm currently playing through as a union officer (after the settlers refused my fief!) and will add anything else i come across :smile:

EDIT 16th october
Still playing this and loving every moment! just defeated the CSA

EDIT 20th october
Still playing this and loving every moment! just defeated the plains indians

This is a fantastic game providing a fantastic experience. It is immersive, exciting and wonderful looking. Well done to Gabby and the team. Seriously, if you don't try this mod you are missing out! Best musket and rifle mod ever!

WHAT I LOVED
-  Everything.

Oh, you wanted me to list everything...?  But you also didn't want a bible.  Contradiction!  I suppose I'll list a couple of them.

-  Wolves running is awesome animation, absolutely awesome.
-  I am in the game, and the character looks awesome...  well that was a bit of a given.  Kinda funny how my character was named MickDick and the npc Mick ****, in my first go.  Talk about awkward.  :lol:
-  New items, characters, troops, countries even. (france)  Very cool.  The items and characters tend to look especially good.

THINGS WRONG

-  Guns are supposed to be instant to near instant death.  During the time of the civil war, they changed the bullets and barrel, causing them to be more easily loaded (speed is fine to show this) and the bullets, when they hit could tear your entire body from the middle, your guts all over the ground, or your arm, or your head is gone.  Out-dated military tactics used with advanced weaponry, not the main cause of death (bacteria and so on was) was still a huge portion of the killings.

basically, increase weapon damage...  By A LOT.  A body shot, like, if you have 50/50, only 5/50 should even possibly be left, headshots = instant no matter how much you have.  Your dead.  :wink:
Players should fear being the ones to fight themselves, unless against small bands of enemies, because that's how it was...  (fk I did a bible, im sorry, but this was a big one for me :cry:)  personally, previous version's damage was fine.

-  Guns seem to have the wrong Effective Range.  Rifles with the upgrades as mentioned above could easily be accurate at a mile, the best marksman were able to double or even triple that.  And sometimes when I get shot it doesn't do any damage period.  Pistols were similar, but certainly a shorter range.

Other than that, it seems fine to me.

THINGS BUGGED OR NOT CLEAR

-  Some items don't have texture (you prolly already knew that)
-  Animals still cannot attack.
-  Farmers do not have ammo to shoot their guns, but they're still dubbed as archers.  (or maybe it's their guns that are bugged?)
-  The abandoned fort and that thing above it are, well, fort is bugged, and the above thing doesn't make a lick of sense, it's not clear at all what it is, though after killing a couple bla- african american tribal lookin guys I got over 150 troops from the prisoner thing, and after that... nothing.
-  Back to this ^ I could carry over my max limit, this also included the prisoner management skill not being needed to take prisoners.
-  Pirate bay thing, still is just a trainer place, and the sea is still nothing more than a 3-9 pirates per band.  Horses still spawn during the battles as well, which for obvious reasons shouldn't happen  :wink: .  I think it's really cool, the battlemap for it, but it's still lacking any depth or reason to buy a ship other than perhaps escaping enemies.  I would love to be one of the many pirates of the time.

First edition.

Will number by next edits, so you know when I've added something.

Edit #1
THINGS WRONG
-  You can still take out NPCs in villages from a "garrison".  (This is it...  I hate myself for making an edit just for this -.- )

Edit #2
THINGS WRONG
-  Double barrel black looking gun for arena causes crash.
-  No melee weapon sometimes in arena.
-  Npc dude, dont remember name, always in arenas, non-combatant.
-  Not all npc are given same uniform for their team like they should.

(as you can tell I kinda focused on the arenas for a bit but the crashing stopped me from going any further, like other towns)

Edit #3

No lies...  I'm not finding many more bugs I didn't already report or reported by others....  plus I've been playing stalker series on the sidelines.  :neutral:

Thanks for letting me be a tester, Gabby!  I just played a little bit so far, but here is what I have to say:

Things I really loved - The Indians, as always in Gabrilduro mods, are excellent.  The new Apaches are incredible!  I hope they get their own faction and don't just stay as raiders.  I also like the way you have incorporated the 1866 materials. 

Things wrong - Just nitpicking, but I miss the hot, dry look of 1866 in the western scenes.  The typical overcast skies and lots of foliage are OK for the eastern half of the map, but west of the Mississippi I would like more bright blue skies and dusty deserts, please!

Bugs- I always crash when I try to start a character in US territory.  One of the Indian feathers floats high above the wearer's head.  That's about all I have noticed so far.  Also, there are some Indians who look like they have tufts of grass on their heads.  I see what you were trying to do with that, but you should change the texture to black or red so it won't look like grass.

Great job sofar Guys!!
Thx for compliments...but for ur precious suggestions as well.
Pls always point at things being very specific.
If a town, or a troop or a weapon...etc etc,  is wrong or bugged, pls specify exactly WHICH one was.
Mostly u did, but keep on doing it that way, pls  :wink:

Sadly, I see a lot of the ppl that applied to be Testers, did not post a word, yet... :???:
Most of them were unknown ppl that just wanted a free dwld, probably.

Oh, well. I will have soon the version 0.97 ready...but only the good Supporters and Testers will be invited.
Sorry, but I am killing myself on this project, even if I have my own personal life and serious problems, so no more time for being pulled around.

Thx

Gab
PS...pls keep that 1st post of yours and DO NOT post new ones, in this Topic
...Basky...I saw ya!!...Oh..OK, you fixed it now!     :mrgreen:

Trebor said:
the only issue i havent seen brought up is something with the tectures. sometimes when im playing the whole map turns white when im in directX 7. when its in DirectX9 its black instead. but im wondering what the cause of this is. apart from that and the listed issues above its a very good mod. I cant wait to see the final version. Heres to Gabby! Cheers!
TREBOR!!
What s that?
U call that Serious Testing?!  :roll:

U waited that all the rest of those poor guys went through the bugs and issues, and u add that thing, that apparently just happened only to u?!  :shock:

C'mon!
We need to push MUCH harder than that!!
I, myself, am working with just one eye open!
Mmmmmmhhh......

Again,

ONLY Best Testers and Helpers will get a new 0.96 version in few more hours.
Sending to BB09red a Jumbo Mail so he can upload for u guys and Captured Joe will send a Pm soon with that Link.  :razz:
I actually fixed a medium size of things, compared to 0.95, but also, many issues are DIFFERENT, and I want my Gabby s Bunch to be updated so they can help me in making a good 0.97, soon.  :wink:

Gab
PS from Kurgan: I'm now considering getting married. (That will make me a triple bigamist, between my real wife and my wife in 1776 and now this one, I wonder if I can join the the Mormon Community
hahahaha...still laughing!!!
And remember: make love and children, stop killing ppl!  :twisted:
(ohh, but pls, DO NOT POST HERE ur comment, though, keep your post only one, here, ok?  :wink: )
Edit: SEEN UR COMMENT, hehehe   :mrgreen:

Sorry, Gabrielduro, got it. 
I appointed myself official tester of France.  :razz:
I can not wait to throw the hand to the new version 0.97!    :lol: :lol: :lol:

The mod looks really fantastic, wonderful, extraordinary! A work ever seen in a Warband mod.  :shock: :grin:

baskonia said:
-I noticed that was added the uniform of the French Foreign Legion  !!! Really beautiful !!  :mrgreen:

The mod is improving gradually increasing. Great job, congratulations

-The French side need names for towns and villages.
I suggest these names to French villages and towns :

1- Mexico City ( village, capital )
2- Puebla ( Village )
3- Veracruz ( Village, port )
4- Tampico,  ( village, port )
5- Ozuloama,    ( village,, port )
6- Tuxpan (village, , port )
7- Cordoba ( village, )
8- Orizaba (village, )
9- teoticlan ( village, )
10- tehuacan (village,  )
11- Queretaro ( village )
12- Guadalajara ( Village )
13- Celaya- ( Town )
14- la carbonera ( town )
15- tlaxiaco ( town )
16- huajuapan ( town )
17- celaya ( town )
18- jerez ( town )

baskonia said:
I played the beta 9.5 mod. These are my first impressions of the game:

Uniforms units ................................ VERY GOOD, PERFECT
Firearms .............................................. ....... VERY GOOD, EXCELLENT
Music, Sound ............................................... VERY GOOD ......., PERFECT
Gameplay ................................................. .................... VERY GOOD

Being a single beta, the game looks perfect!

The French player is not yet complete, city names missing, but otherwise perfect.
I have seen that there is a red French kepi hat, but I have not seen in game units.

And I found a very significant historical error: Maximilian had a beard and mustache!  :lol:

( I hope that in the final version, Maximilian has mustache and beard. )  :razz:

Overall, the game looks great, fantastic, amazing and wonderful work. CONGRATULATIONS!

THINGS I LOVED

- American uniforms, especially uniforms of the confederates and unionists.
And the uniforms of the Mexican Republicans.

- The general firearms. All firearms are perfectly recreated in the game.

- The perfect reconstruction of the Wild West, including houses, forts and landscapes in general. I love the graphics and animations of the mod.

-I love that you have included the imperialists of Maximilian, of course!  :mrgreen:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THINGS WRONG

-Maximiliano imperialist soldiers uniforms are not correct.

- France is not complete. I imagine that will be supplemented in the final version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I find only a bug when you start the game with France, but not important for the development of the game.

-Overall the game is perfect, but missing some details to complete. But are things of little importance.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
what's new in version 0.96 ?  :grin:
which changes have occurred in the 0.96 version, for version 0.95?

This is an other great piece of work, so far i didnt find anything i don`t like.
Only "bug" i found so far is that the french adventurer has no upgrade path.

Ehrr...is still smbody Testing the new Version 0.96 that I sent?!  :shock:

I don t see any updates to ur posts, besides JOE's. ... :???:

Ohh, Joe, btw....I know how to add Etries, but never knew how to add PASSAGES
^ Will deal with that myself as soon as I find out how to do Passages.
Pls post it when u ll find out, so we all will learn!  :cool:

JOE, would U be so kind, to also resume for me ALL the corrections/bugs and wrong things that are still in 1860s 0.96?
I see U were the only one the updated ur own Testing Text, according to the new corrections I made (like guns, and troop trees, ...etc etc...

I pls need a resume of the many things that were said and noticed ...and that are STILL valid and NOT done yet.
Please... :oops:

HARLEF is trying to help, but I need U and AFTON to help and involve him in that.
Did he get the last 0.96?

Anyway...since I want and need to progress, I will have to start doing some more scening on my own, again, since not much help came yet on that side.  :cry:

Gab

PS ....MURAT!!! Where is ur famous and promised testing ?!  :roll:

From the new Version of 1860:
Got the version, Joe send me a pm
I will test it next days
New Battle Scene for Gab:
Got some problems with the spawn points ( again  :evil:)
must make a total new map, I think it takes this week use then a better texture mod, so it looks better but nice work Gab!

You ask me for a list right?
Now, after 2 Days, I have it , it was very hard work to make screenies and go to every village, town, fort,center and city  :shock: :shock: :shock:
You said you need only an check from Town-Forts and Villages of all Factions, I thought that it's better to go in ALL Things on the map and make screenies from wrong scenes.
So here is the list:  :smile:

French:
Village 48, too medieval
V. 99 has an strange symbole on the strategy map
V. 13, too medieval
V. 34 too medieval
V. 98 too medieval
V. 31 too medieval
V. 29 too medieval
V. !Mexican! Village 14 too medieval
V. !Mexican! Village 7 too medieval

Mexico:
V. 4 no houses or too less of them
V. 17 no houses or too less of them
V. Tampico too medieval
V. 11 too medieval
V. Leon too medieval

USA:
V. Augusta too medieval
V. Montpelier too medieval
V. Albany suburbs too medieval
V. New Joursey too medieval
V. Utica too medieval
V. Philadelphia suburbs too medieval
V. Springfield too medieval
V. Columbus too medieval

USA Settlers:
V. LittleRock too medieval
Indipendence too medieval
Jefferson City too medieval
Columbus too medieval
Bowling Greene too medieval

CSA:
Ofagoulas too medieval
Galveston too mixed the houses

Natives:
wichita Indian agency not indian
indipendance Rock not indian
Platte Bridge Village not indian
Snake River Village not indian

Aaaand when you fixed them all I would make some mexican ones, but if you not fixed them it make no sense to create some of them.

Old List
Mexico:

T=Town  F=Fort  C=City

-T San Carlos

To medieval

-T San Antonio Trading Post

To medieval

F- Presidio de Loreto

To medieval and bad work  :neutral:

C- Mexico City

To medieval

T- Tepic

That's a joke!?

T- Colima

That is in Mexico right? You can change the houses like me:

France:

haha, nothing

CSA:

T=Town  F=Fort  C=City

T- Harper's Ferry

To medieval

That's it!
USA:

T=Town  F=Fort  C=City

T- Philadelphia Suburbs

To medieval

T- Utica

To medieval

C- New York Suburbs

To medieval

C- Boston

To medieval

T- Buffalo

To medieval

T- Erie

2 Houses?  :mrgreen:

American Settlers:

T=Town  F=Fort  C=City

T- Columbos,Indiana:

To medieval

T- Wa****a
http://imageshack.us/a/img545/524/wa****avillagetoomediev.th.jpg
To medieval

T- Kansas City

To medieval

T- St. Joseph
Sry No pic  :oops:

Indians:

T=Town  F=Fort  C=City

Sorry, to lazy for pics, I am tired  :oops: (strange at this time  :neutral:)

T-Pikes Peak Gold Mines -not indian
T-Council Bluff -not indian
T- Des Moines -not indian
T- New Ulm -not indian
T-independance Rock -not indian
T-Platte Bridge Village -not indian
T-Little Bighorn Village -not indian
T-Snake River Village -not indian
T-Wounded Knee Village -not indian
T-Butte's Silver Mines -not indian

That's it, Hussah!
I think I can design an new loading screen for you, I am bored from the old one, send you tomorrow some pics!

EDIT: Here it is the loading screen again, click on it to go fullscreen:

uploaded it on 2 websites, hope it works!

See you,

Harlef, 24.11.2012

FROM JOE:
Uh, do you want me to compile a list with every bug everyone has posted here so far, or do you just want me to make sure all things in my list still apply to the latest version? In that case I can assure you, the whole list of bugs is up-to-date with the 0.96 version.
Also, I'll PM HARLEF now; he hasn't yet contacted me for the latest version (or he has and I forgot after I sent it to him).

No, I know UR list is fine and updated. I even said that.  :wink:
But pls, as I wrote,  just check IF some more things were noticed and ADD them in UR list, see?
Things in THIS Topic mainly, but if u remember or noticed some more posts somewhere else, pls add those comments as well in ur list.
BUT ONLY if u agree with them, ok?  :wink:
So that I will just look at ur List from now on, and I will know that all issues listed in urs are still effective.
And I can save tons of time time to myself.
Thx  so much

Gab

PS ...also, I cannot get in touch with BB anymore. We need his help as well.

THINGS U LOVED (and list all the NEW ones!!)

The Factions are Great
The atmosphere is fantastic
Lot of weapons and uniforms
The battles between big armies looks like a film (specially the fortress besiege)
The Gun Holsters!!!!

<THINGS WRONG

It will better if the indian faction have he's own villagers skin: actually the indians villagers looks like americans :smile:  and lot of indian villages looks like western town

The NPC and the player keeps some rifles like swords (i remember the colt revolving)
Some Textures dont appeared or can cause crashes (buffalos)
Player initial stats is too much hight, its possible keep them normal like 1776?

GABRILDURO said:
JOE, would U be so kind, to also resume for me ALL the corrections/bugs and wrong things that are still in 1860s 0.96?
I see U were the only one the updated ur own Testing Text, according to the new corrections I made (like guns, and troop trees, ...etc etc...

I pls need a resume of the many things that were said and noticed ...and that are STILL valid and NOT done yet.
Please... :oops:
So, I took a look at the others' posts, and quote them here, with commentary about stuff in blue.
I'll make a complete list later on.
EDIT: See next post.
I can combine these 2 posts if you want, GABRILDURO.

WilliamKensington said:
<THINGS WRONG
Most Lords have the same face code, maybe people could submit face codes for historical figures? abe lincon etc
The officer on troop tree as mentioned by captured joe is npc, ad no matter how may you upgrade from below rank only one ever appears I list.
^ This is true at least for version 0.95; Troop trees appear to be the same in version 0.96.
Why when i as a mercenary/unaligned attacked the CSA, the USA federal become my enemy also, even though they were at war with CSA at the time, that however could just be a mount and blade error and not mod related.
Attacking New Orleans during a siege (lead troops into battle) causes a crash to desktop, i've tried 6 times with same result.
^ Tried both with a new savegame on the first in-game days, and didn't get the abovementioned errors. No crashes or war declarations from the US. (Although the siege assault scene for New Orleans looks a bit empty, IMHO.)

The Indian "Cities" (not forts/villages) seem to be all underwater? so far i have lead my troops in 3 sieges  and always about 70% of the map is underwater, including all the defenders.
^ Will check this shortly.
EDIT: Wow, it's true! The normal town scene is OK, but the Siege Assault scene is a big lake, with the Player starting on a hill/ an island, and the defenders in the water! :shock:
Under the water the map details look great! would just be better with lower water (so like a swamp/ ankle to knee deep water) opposed to a lake:smile:
Only one i found in .96 i didn't see in .95 was Simon Cameron (for me at day 281 he is with settlers, unsure if that starting action) isn't wearing clothes  :oops: :shock: :lol: just like brown shorts :mrgreen:
^ When I talk to Cameron, there appears a big white cross in the Dialog menu instead of his face! (Checked it for the last version as well, still there.) He appears to be wearing clothes in his castle, though.

Attacking a party of wild animals causes an RGL error (missing texture on buffalo) while you can alt out, close error and continue it leaves one buffalo invisible (while rest are visible)
^ Not yet encountered this error (although I can't remember ever fighting Buffalos). But, when assaulting a village, all wild animals of the villagers are invisible; I believe it's so because the other side is always dismounted when fighting in villages.

When making my own kingdom i can assign fief to companions yet while they show up on characters list, and show up as owning the fief they never appear on map or respond to Marshall to war, they seem to just vanish from eveywhere, including the governor palace of their cities
^ Not tried yet myself

MickDick said:
THINGS WRONG
-  Guns are supposed to be instant to near instant death.  During the time of the civil war, they changed the bullets and barrel, causing them to be more easily loaded (speed is fine to show this) and the bullets, when they hit could tear your entire body from the middle, your guts all over the ground, or your arm, or your head is gone.  Out-dated military tactics used with advanced weaponry, not the main cause of death (bacteria and so on was) was still a huge portion of the killings.

basically, increase weapon damage...  By A LOT.  A body shot, like, if you have 50/50, only 5/50 should even possibly be left, headshots = instant no matter how much you have.  Your dead.  :wink:
Players should fear being the ones to fight themselves, unless against small bands of enemies, because that's how it was...  (fk I did a bible, im sorry, but this was a big one for me :cry:)  personally, previous version's damage was fine.

-  Guns seem to have the wrong Effective Range.  Rifles with the upgrades as mentioned above could easily be accurate at a mile, the best marksman were able to double or even triple that.  And sometimes when I get shot it doesn't do any damage period.  Pistols were similar, but certainly a shorter range.

Other than that, it seems fine to me.

^ Rifles/muskets could still use a bit more range, IMHO.
-  Some items don't have texture (you prolly already knew that)
^ Indeed.
-  Animals still cannot attack.
^ It seems they can, even when invisible! (Dismounted in village defense makes them invisible; I did get attacked by these ghosts sometimes, proving that they CAN attack, or at least dismounted so.)
-  Farmers do not have ammo to shoot their guns, but they're still dubbed as archers.  (or maybe it's their guns that are bugged?)
^ I recount villagers shooting with Blunderbuses at my men; maybe they have the wrong kind of ammo for their pistols?
-  The abandoned fort and that thing above it are, well, fort is bugged, and the above thing doesn't make a lick of sense, it's not clear at all what it is, though after killing a couple bla- african american tribal lookin guys I got over 150 troops from the prisoner thing, and after that... nothing.
^ This. The scene is called 'Manhunt Quest Scene', and at the arms merchant there's a Wanted poster that should enable the quest or something, but it shoots like a musket and does nothing else.
-  Back to this ^ I could carry over my max limit, this also included the prisoner management skill not being needed to take prisoners.
^ Very true.
-  Pirate bay thing, still is just a trainer place, and the sea is still nothing more than a 3-9 pirates per band.  Horses still spawn during the battles as well, which for obvious reasons shouldn't happen  :wink: .  I think it's really cool, the battlemap for it, but it's still lacking any depth or reason to buy a ship other than perhaps escaping enemies.  I would love to be one of the many pirates of the time.
First edition.

Will number by next edits, so you know when I've added something.

Edit #1
THINGS WRONG
-  You can still take out NPCs in villages from a "garrison".  (This is it...  I hate myself for making an edit just for this -.- )
^Yep.
Edit #2
THINGS WRONG
-  Double barrel black looking gun for arena causes crash.
^ Not yet experienced that; Although one of the Colts used in Showdowns looks black when used by opponents, while looking normal in the player's hands.
-  No melee weapon sometimes in arena.
-  Npc dude, dont remember name, always in arenas, non-combatant.
-  Not all npc are given same uniform for their team like they should.
^ I think he's wrong; never had that problem.

(as you can tell I kinda focused on the arenas for a bit but the crashing stopped me from going any further, like other towns)

Thor Head said:
Bugs- I always crash when I try to start a character in US territory. <Tried this, no problems. One of the Indian feathers floats high above the wearer's head. <Most of the feathers (or at least those used by the French Ladies, which look like (quite cute and lovely) indian girls) float above the heads. That's about all I have noticed so far.  Also, there are some Indians who look like they have tufts of grass on their heads.  I see what you were trying to do with that, but you should change the texture to black or red so it won't look like grass. <Didn't really notice what Indians wear, but I believe it's only green-looking from a distance.

baskonia said:
THINGS WRONG
-Maximiliano imperialist soldiers uniforms are not correct.

- France is not complete. I imagine that will be supplemented in the final version.

I find only a bug when you start the game with France, but not important for the development of the game.
^ Didn't happen to me. :???:
-Overall the game is perfect, but missing some details to complete. But are things of little importance.

Jur1974 said:
Only "bug" i found so far is that the french adventurer has no upgrade path.
^ No big deal IMHO.

Harlef said:
Got some problems with the spawn points ( again  :evil:)
must make a total new map, I think it takes this week use then a better texture mod, so it looks better but nice work Gab!

Admiral_Thrawn said:
<THINGS WRONG

It will better if the indian faction have he's own villagers skin: actually the indians villagers looks like americans :smile:  and lot of indian villages looks like western town
^ I've encountered many indian people in indian towns, and they don't look 'non-indian' to me. :razz:

The NPC and the player keeps some rifles like swords (i remember the colt revolving)
^ That is good IMHO; Many guns were still cross-drawn.
EDIT: Now I understand it, Rifles are being held in one hand like a pistol/sabre. This looks wrong indeed.
Some Textures dont appeared or can cause crashes (buffalos)
^ Again problems with the Buffalo textures! I haven't got those problems, but then again I am not sure if I did encounter Buffalos at all.
Player initial stats is too much hight, its possible keep them normal like 1776?

And here's my report: (I checked it again, and these Errors are still there in version 0.96.)
Captured Joe said:
<THINGS WRONG
-Sometimes I hear sounds of Guns which aren't near as if they were near me.
-There is only one music piece for the Arena it seems, and it starts again every new tournament round... maybe you can change that, add some variety in the Arena musics.
-I can't find the entrance to the Dungeon Cells in the city scene of Washington (I wanted to free my Companions). There is a Dungeon Guard (called "castle guard" or something like that, but with the Dungeon Guard dialog) standing in front of a door, but the door leads to the Governor's Mansion (or something like that; "castle hall" in native).
^ Will deal with that myself as soon as I find out how to do Passages.
-Weapons in Tournaments aren't great yet
-Facial hears aren't on the Confederate and Union Leaders where they should be, IMHO.
-Items from the 1866 mod seem to be a bit too big, especially the hats.
-Guns seem to be only effective from at very close range! Even the long guns of the Sharpshooters deal almost no damage at long range!
-The Confederate Generals wear Elite Cavalry Uniforms, and Elite Cavalrymen wear simple Cavalrymen uniforms. I think the Elite Cavalrymen should wear the elite Cavalrymen's Uniform (with the horizontal black stripes over the front, like the Elite 1st Virginia cav.), and the Generals should wear the Confederate Officer Uniform from the 1866 mod. Also, I think the Mexican Officers could use a more elaborate uniform, if possible.
^ Updated. Elite Cav could still use the abovementioned uniform, IMHO.
-The Colt and Sharps Carbines and Rifles(!) are "small arms".
-A very small issue: It seems the french ladies have faces, clothes and names of Indian Ladies, and Indian Ladies have names more suited for the French. Or at least it seems so to me. Also: The headwear of the Mexican Ladies makes them quite unatractive. Poor souls!
-The "Hat and Cloak" item isn't a hat item but a jacket item; It makes the body transparent. I suggest you make this a hat item, so that you can wear it along with a normal coat.
-I'm not sure if the Troop Trees are really finished; I think some of them are weird (at the end of the Confederate one, there is a NPC Cavalry Officer, like a companion), and they may need some work. Stil, I'm no expert on this.
-Missing meshes and/or textures on different items; At least one of the Fenian Mercs uniforms, and of the Confederate Artillery Kepi.
^ Also some scene props are invisible, and one misses textures.
-Are the Settles supposed to look in the final version like how they are now? I would prefer how they do it in the 1866 mod. But I aren't an expert on these settlers either.<_Terrible mistake, that. I hadn't encountered the Settlers enough. My apologies.
-Sometimes, when a certain Companion throws a barrel with powder, the ground where the player stands explodes, even if the player stands well out of the way for the Companion (I stood 10 metres behind him when he threw his third barrel; I was blown to pieces). And sometimes, the Companion blows himself  up, with all friendlies standing in a line near him.
-Pistols hardly work right when kneeling; Is this supposed to be so?

mb59_zps0e2fa469.jpg

LIST of items which appear INVISIBLE in the Inventory Menu (for version 0.96)
-"Hat Colada With Bandana"
-"Ammo&Cavalry Holster"
-"Flag union2"
-"Red Dragoon boots"
-"France bearskin"
-"Flag Cherokeebraves"
-"Blue Tunic"
-at least 2 kinds of "Frock Coat"s
-"Reinforced Fur Hat Feathers"
-"Green Tunic"
-The "CW Csa Artillery kepi" is plain white. A pity, they had really beautiful red ones.
^ The same for the "Fenian Soldier Uniform" (or, rather, one of the Fenian uniforms)

LIST of BUGS (version 0.96):
-The Indian "Cities" (not forts/villages) seem to be all underwater during siege assaults
- Simon Cameron causes bug when speaking to him in Dialog Menu (although no crash happens to me)
-Buffalo textures seem to cause crashes
-Companions seem to disappear after giving them fiefs while having an own faction
-Guns still seem to have a quite short effective range (although already better than in version 0.95)
-Many Indian feathers float above the head
-'Hat and Cloak' item is a coat instead of a hat, making the body transparent. It should be a hat obviously. Still, a very nice item.

-Some items and scene props don't have a texture
-Animals are invisible when 'dismounted' (mostly during village raids on the other side)
-Abandoned Fort and Manhunting Quest are bugged
DONE ON PURPOSE
-Player can carry more troops and prisoners over their maximum limit/prisoner management capacity
-You can take villagers from the village 'garrison'
-Many times no melee weapons and/or ammo for guns in arenas
-Some items from the 1866 mod (Hats mostly) seem to be a little bit too big
-Pirate parties too small

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Indian headwear seems to look green from a distance at least
-Maximiliano/French facton not complete
-Problems with spawn points?
-Carbines and some rifles are held forward like swords/pistols instead of held with 2 hands as a musket
-Explosions of thrown barrels are quite bugged
-Pistols can't be properly fired when kneeling
-Some rifles are 'small arms'
ALL NORMALWEAPONS ARE SMALL ARMS
-Some gun sounds are bugged; they seem to be close even when fired from far away
THOSE ARE THE FIREARMS (CANNONS AND SPECIAL/MODIFIED WEAPONS). Only ONE loud sound and... cannot fix that.  :oops:
-Passages bugged

-Confederate Elite cavalry has 'normal' cavalry uniforms; Mexican fooicers look like misers

-French Ladies look like indians (and have Indian names), Mexican Ladies have terrible headwear, Indian and/or Mexican Ladies seem to have French names...

LIST of items which appear INVISIBLE in the Inventory Menu (for version 0.96)
-"Hat Colada With Bandana"
-"Ammo&Cavalry Holster"
-"Flag union2"
-"Red Dragoon boots"
-"France bearskin"
-"Flag Cherokeebraves"
-"Blue Tunic"
-at least 2 kinds of "Frock Coat"s
-"Reinforced Fur Hat Feathers"
-"Green Tunic"
-The "CW Csa Artillery kepi" is plain white. A pity, they had really beautiful red ones.
^ The same for the "Fenian Soldier Uniform" (or, rather, one of the Fenian uniforms)

(First time launching/testing mod. Went to Union town Cincinatti at beginning)
Things I loved
-The uniforms, guns and pretty much everything are freakin AMAZING. Color and texture detail, plus the map is really well done, and the towns fit perfectly with the time period.

Things Wrong
-The town names are incomplete and the wrong nations own the wrong cities. Detroit belonged to the US for example. (I can draw up a map of where each town should go and who should own it
-The bridges have people on them. I saw that someone posted a similar problem with this but what is it supposed to mean? That the Bridges are supposed to have garrisons?
-Started with a Canadian Uniform, with unusable ammo(Modified Modern Ammo)
-Pistols and rifles seem to be from the 1600s with their power. A proper civil war rifle could be as accurate as a WWI rifle, with a lower rate of fire. Also, bullet is bullet. Bullet drop you in one shot. When a revolver point blank to the chest doesn't drop someone it had to have been defective.
-No pump action shotguns D:
-The odd non-working mesh

I'll edit as I continue the mod. Next time will try starting in CSA town.

Done many fixing and updated JOE s List.  :mrgreen:

....about my previous comment, instead, it seems that I got few answers and little help from some ppl.  :cry:

GABRILDURO said:
Great work JOE !! REALLY!  :wink:

Thx so much for making my life easier!

I will have to find some freetime to fix/add some things, soon... and ALL that will really help me in these days!

U r a very special Friend, much more than just an Helper!  :cool:

Gabby

-HARLY
Fast and precise as a perfect Deutsh man, huh?!  :mrgreen:
Thx soo much, my friend, great work!
I posted it in ur post up here, so u can still "edit" it, ok?
And WE ALL can check what was said/noticed about errors and bugs!  :wink:
Ohh...I d love to see ur new Menu Pic, but it says "forbidden" ??!!  :shock:

-Clearly Invisible
Thx for helping.
But pls be much more explicite in ur comments:
-The town names are incomplete and the wrong nations own the wrong

Yes, after BB09red and expecially old good MARECONE ( :cry: ...sig! ) had to leave, due to their busy life schedule, I lack in being helped on those geografical things that U pointed at.
Nobody will get offended if U will help me on that.
I know myself about many issues (and also geografical!  :oops: ) that weren t even mentioned by others, and some are due to wrong coords more than wrong infos from me or other helpers.
But please: I need any help that is possible in order to point (or just remind to me  :twisted: ), what was, or still IS, wrong!   :wink:

I will have this weekend and a couple of days next week, free from work and family duties....so pleeeease... speed up as fast as U can, and I mean everybody that may want to help, but expecially U all up above.
Please post HERE and ASAP, any updates on bugs, problems and pics to help my corrections and general fixing.

Thx super very much!
Gab

PS very Important: if any of U need to ask or say things, pls use the Brainstorming Topic, ok?  :razz:
And pls, unless REAL personal, avoid sending PMs to me!  :cry:

(NOT Captured Joe, though! Hey Joe! ..... Once in a while a PM is welcome and is no problem, from U! As my Best Helper and general Forumer, U are encouraged to PM to me, sometimes, ....hope U know that, Mate!  :wink:)

During the first launch i started of everything was going smooth then during
the first mission where i had to save the merchant's brother during the battle
i had a script error i couldn't get the code beacuse then during a battle against
a renegade brigade i killed one or two renegades then the game completly froze
and i had to shut it down i also would like to add a suggestion,if you could in the later
stage when everything is done if you could make a addon where the texture qualities
aren't that good so that player's who have older computer's like i can play it on
highest texture quality and enjoy the game  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom