Native LSP Music Old M&B Music

Users who are viewing this thread

Kolba

Earendil: This pack contains music which has been included at older versions of M&B. Since they are property of TaleWorlds, you are neither allowed to use them in any commercial way nor for anything which isn't a modding project for a game of TaleWorlds.

I made a small patch, which allow players to play around with old M&B music (from 0.960 and older). Source is included.

Download link is below:

First read readme.txt file to know, how to install mod.

Last edited by a moderator:
This mini-mod is finished. You can download it below:

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=988

Read instructions in README.txt file to install music. Source is included.

Interesting... Maybe lots of people will like this for nostalgia, but personally I prefer the new music - not just because of the compositions, but because of the sound quality. The composer of the new music (who was that, by the way?), seems to have used a much better sound library. I might give this a go though, there are some tunes which are creeping back into my mind from the old days... :smile:.

Inukshuk said:
Interesting... Maybe lots of people will like this for nostalgia, but personally I prefer the new music - not just because of the compositions, but because of the sound quality. The composer of the new music (who was that, by the way?), seems to have used a much better sound library. I might give this a go though, there are some tunes which are creeping back into my mind from the old days... :smile:.

Yes, this is mainly for people who never played old versions and for those one, who want to remind old times. :razz:
The composer of new music is Jesse Hopkins.

Haven't really got time to get back into this game again at the mo, but I was wondering did you find out how to add extra tunes?  I collected a herd of excellent medieval music to add variety but experimenting with the set up meant that the new tunes would stilll play anyway, even when file names were changed/swapped and I added the codes at the end according to when the music should be called, but to no effect.  Personally I found some of the new ones to be a bit repetative, there was most definately a great sense of wilderness to the old ones, just wanted a big old mix that's all.
Sorry to be lazy, just haven't got the space to go messing around with the new module system so wondered what your take on it was, no rush, won't be playing it for a while, thanks  :wink:

Thanks for this, Kolba. :smile: I missed the old music - some of the new stuff is, well, rather irritating. :lol:

buzbybadman said:
Haven't really got time to get back into this game again at the mo, but I was wondering did you find out how to add extra tunes?  I collected a herd of excellent medieval music to add variety but experimenting with the set up meant that the new tunes would stilll play anyway, even when file names were changed/swapped and I added the codes at the end according to when the music should be called, but to no effect.  Personally I found some of the new ones to be a bit repetative, there was most definately a great sense of wilderness to the old ones, just wanted a big old mix that's all.
Sorry to be lazy, just haven't got the space to go messing around with the new module system so wondered what your take on it was, no rush, won't be playing it for a while, thanks  :wink:

If you want to add new music, check this thread: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50101.msg1300258.html#msg1300258

Doesn't seem to work. Did exactly what you said in your readme but the new music still plays. Does this mod just add the old music or replace the new music with the old music?

How would I go about removing the new music and just having the old music playing?

To clarify everything, mod just adds new music (it doesn't delete anything).

Kolba said:

Good. So, just for clarification, if I follow your instruction but change the module title to another mod, then it'll work there?

"Here's a instruction for adding old music to Native.

1. Unpack archive wherever you want.
2. Copy .mp3 files to .../Mount&Blade/Modules/Native/Music.
3. Copy music.txt to Native folder.
4. Run M&B. Enjoy!

If you have any problems with implementing music, just write here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,52306.0.html "

(Am I right in assuming you don't mind other modders using your music, seeing as you added the source?)

Also; I have to point out, it's "an instruction" :wink:

So it just ADDS the old music, not replace the new ones?

Will it play a mix of the old and new ones then? Because I haven't heard the old ones yet )=

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Delete the new tracks and leave only old ones. Old music had this... feel. I liked it much more, and this new soundtrack just doesn't fit right to the game. IMHO.
Any idea how to get rid of the new tracks? I have no idea how and I would prefer them to be gone, I was hoping for the older music to be exclusive, but I have no idea how to do that, could you explain how to delete the new tracks and only have the old ones play?

FrisianDude said:
Kolba said:

Good. So, just for clarification, if I follow your instruction but change the module title to another mod, then it'll work there?

"Here's a instruction for adding old music to Native.

1. Unpack archive wherever you want.
2. Copy .mp3 files to .../Mount&Blade/Modules/Native/Music.
3. Copy music.txt to Native folder.
4. Run M&B. Enjoy!

If you have any problems with implementing music, just write here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,52306.0.html "

(Am I right in assuming you don't mind other modders using your music, seeing as you added the source?)

Also; I have to point out, it's "an instruction" :wink:

It should work, it just adds more tracks to be played, no reason for it not to work

Back
Top Bottom