-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

Actually you can, you can sneak into a castle without the quest and ask the prison guard for a key, which will give you the option to attack him and steal him the key. It can be much easier to do all this if you ask the village elder from the village that belongs to that castle to start a fire, that will reduce the number of soldiers in the castle. 

I know you can do it with enemy/neutral cities and castles, but there doesn't seem to be a way with friendly cities, which is what I was looking for, since the prison guard will let you in without question.

Could you elaborate on the friend/foe situation of the town and imprisoned lord?  I can't find a situation where you would want to release a lord that is held prisoner by your faction.

I don't think it's possible, as you said, you have to be neutral or enemy with the town/castle to be able to attack the guard.

I have a thing with controversy. What is controversy? It was always 0 for me, then I suddenly realized it's 65 (after I have been a marshall). Can someone explain?

Master Ronin said:
I have a thing with controversy. What is controversy? It was always 0 for me, then I suddenly realized it's 65 (after I have been a marshall). Can someone explain?

You gain controversy by:

Losing a vassal
Leaving soldiers behind
Joining in or starting arguments with other vassals
Betraying someone
As Marshall: Any loss, such as having a village raided, caravan destroyed, peasants attacked, a lord losing a battle, a castle captured, or town captured will add to controversy in often large measures. If you face war on multiple fronts or have a large kingdom to defend, you can expect to reach near 100 controversy very quickly. The only solution is to give up being marshall in that case.

The more controversy you have, the higher the chance the soldiers will desert you and lower the chance vassals will join you. High controversy will prevent your king or queen from awarding you a fief. Very high controversy for a marshall makes it likely that the marshall will be replaced.

Controversy can be lost over time or you can win against an enemy vassal to lower your controversy. Also ending arguments between your vassals lowers it as well.

Dosent anyone think that battles of MB are a little..... meh

I really hope they improve the enviorment and putting a little more fire into battles and siege!

BondBroker said:
Master Ronin said:

You gain controversy by:

Losing a vassal
Leaving soldiers behind
Joining in or starting arguments with other vassals
Betraying someone
As Marshall: Any loss, such as having a village raided, caravan destroyed, peasants attacked, a lord losing a battle, a castle captured, or town captured will add to controversy in often large measures. If you face war on multiple fronts or have a large kingdom to defend, you can expect to reach near 100 controversy very quickly. The only solution is to give up being marshall in that case.

The more controversy you have, the higher the chance the soldiers will desert you and lower the chance vassals will join you. High controversy will prevent your king or queen from awarding you a fief. Very high controversy for a marshall makes it likely that the marshall will be replaced.

Controversy can be lost over time or you can win against an enemy vassal to lower your controversy. Also ending arguments between your vassals lowers it as well.
Thanks for the detailed answer. All of my questions are answered.

As for the marshallship, Wow! Seems like they blame you for everything :grin: I was a marshall before my controversy went high. I conquered 3 castles and also did a big damage to enemy army. They should be thankful. Those bastards have no sense of gratitude it seems :razz:

What does it mean when a lord does not know the location of someone? I assume that means that they are a prisoner in an enemy lord's party?

Dwinny said:
What does it mean when a lord does not know the location of someone? I assume that means that they are a prisoner in an enemy lord's party?
It's what Tripida said. 
When they're prisoner in a lord's party they will say he's a prisoner but they won't specify where he's being held.

So I have been king of my own faction for quite some time, and I have done many tasks to raise my right to rule (recruiting lords, making peace), but when i check the character report screen, it still says 99. Is this a glitch or is the cap at 99? If it is a glitch, is there a way to fix it? Any help would be appreciated.

-Munchlax

Back
Top Bottom