-- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

Users who are viewing this thread

@bobinot: A couched lance has the potential to do a lot more damage than a thrusted one. In multiplayer, it's often used as a 1-hit-KO technique or an effective shield smasher. It's also useful because it allows you to keep your shield up, so you're less vulnerable to missile fire. However, its uses in single player are limited by the fact that it has shorter range and depending on your gameplay settings, cannot be used constantly, like thrusting.

No clue about city giving, sorry.

Nope, no easy way to give away a city or castle.

If you are king of your faction I suppose you could leave it garrisonless, declare war on the faction you want to give it to, and make sure you're at war with only that faction. The AI is a bloodhound when it comes to sniffing out poorly defended fiefs and will most likely take it.

How can you renounce your allegiance to a faction that doesn't have any territory left?  The king was defeated in battle at the last castle's fall, and I've no idea if he's even on the map now.

I probably should have tried to help them, but dammit I wanted them to suffer for DoWing most of the map at once :razz:

i play campaign with 300 bots and dont lag but when i play multiplayer campaign with bt v 09 mod or host in native with 50 bots it lags.Any ideas?plz help

Gaious, I Already answered you. Read.

captain lust said:
I'd Imagine hosting a non-dedicated server would put a little extra strain on your processor. That's, most likely, the cause of your lag and reducing your graphics settings won't do much to aid that.

@Sapi: I have no idea. I guess... take a castle and then renounce? They might be in a non hostile settlement too.

sapi said:
How can you renounce your allegiance to a faction that doesn't have any territory left?  The king was defeated in battle at the last castle's fall, and I've no idea if he's even on the map now.

Can't you find any of his other vassals either?  They can tell you where he's at.

1.) When you are courting a lady and her father ends up in another realm, then your realm is at war with the other realm, do any of y'all bother to sneak in and see her?

Mine just decided to ask me to come see her right as 6 nobles with 700 men were chasing me away from a siege. :smile:

2.) I know in Me, Floris, monnikje has a nice big trade route, and lists what he buys and sells. With the latest patch, are such trade routes still profitable, worth it? If so, how?

Tip of the day: Don't tell your infantry to use blunt weapons only if they don't have one. Unless you want to watch 40 Nord Infantry try to punch a mail-coated Sea Raider to death unsuccessfully.  :shock:

After Action Report. They're more common over on the Paradox forums (Paradox being the publisher for M&B).

I should know - I've written several there. :smile:

My current character has 30 strength, 10 power draw, and 10 power strike, is this a waste?

I noticed something that said it is only power draw requirement + 4 levels, so is this the same for power strike?

Lastly, is there any way to easily go into a text file and reset your attributes or skills, etc.?

Thanks.

This is just a comment but how long does it take before you can get
Yggdrasill said:
30 strength, 10 power draw, and 10 power strike

It's like I only get to about 200 days with one fief before I get bored and start a new. I've never even won a claimant war! It sounds like some of you have games with 1000 days!

I just can't imagine getting that far.

MrNomNom said:
Yggdrasill said:

It's like I only get to about 200 days with one fief before I get bored and start a new. I've never even won a claimant war! It sounds like some of you have games with 1000 days!

Well, my character got that pretty fast... My strategy was always to just get a few charisma, a few agility (12 and 9 respectively), and then build up strength.  It isn't that many levels.

After that I did Int, although I don't really know how good of a strategy it is.

MrNomNom said:
Yggdrasill said:

You advance much quicker if you enable quitting without saving, because you never lose battles. Perhaps people are doing this.

captain lust said:
@Sapi: I have no idea. I guess... take a castle and then renounce? They might be in a non hostile settlement too.
Hmm, I'll have a look around the neutral settlements.  Taking a castle is a good idea, except the king has made peace with everyone (just as soon as I'd collected 6 prisoners, which I was promptly forced to release, sigh).  I can't remember, if you raid a caravan to get your relations with a faction into the negatives, can you then take one of their cities?

Not that I'd have much luck winning a siege anyway; my army is all Swadian Knights atm (as I wasn't planning on capturing territory any time soon) and they don't last long at all under crossbow fire :sad:

Samstag said:
Can't you find any of his other vassals either?  They can tell you where he's at.
Nope, they were all captured except me.  I've since got messages that they've been released (as we're now at peace with everyone) but haven't run into anyone yet.

It's only getting problematic now because I can't pay my army's wages for long without winning battles :razz:

Is it normal that, well, for a raided village to basically never, ever climb out of Poor prosperity? I'm running with Diplomacy by the way, but anyway.

Started my own kingdom and ended up eventually having Rhodok attack me to take back Veluca after I took it from Swadia and well, I was a one woman army. I couldn't possibly be offensive and defensive at once, so all the villages of Veluca ended up being raided.

Now they never seen to raise beyond Normal, before quickly dipping down to Poor. I know a raid does a LOT of prosperity damage, but considering this file is nearly 300 days old and I started this about 150 days ago... this seems a bit excessive.

Veluca (atleast in my game) has mountian bandit problems, which attack your villagers as they try to trade with the town (which raises their prosperity)

Veteran Horse Archers - I heard a rumour that they aim for the head but don't allow for the horse they are on - consequently making them rubbish - is this true?

SpittingLlama said:
Veluca (atleast in my game) has mountian bandit problems, which attack your villagers as they try to trade with the town (which raises their prosperity)

Yeah it did but I cleaned it out and have dispatched patrols to keep the roads safe and check the Guild Master once in a while to ensure the roads are still safe. I've been doing a lot of quests for the villages too, but they never stay above Normal longer then a few days before back down to Poor.

Back
Top Bottom