Official 3D art thread - Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Hm, bit too late, but as unpolished metal goes, swords, forged helmets, axes, everything made in forge is naturally black. I can add photo later. So if I made a sword like that, I'd leave the blunt "edge" blackish while the sharp edge would be polished and sharpened. Though I'm not very sure if it would look good at all.

Sooo, here's the photo. The quality sucks -I used webcam because my camera has died but could be enough to give you an idea of colour. It's a knife. You can see black colour caused by oxidation at high temperature. It may be blacker that it should be as it's quenched in old oil.

If I'll manage to get some better quality, I'll upload it.
kg7q.jpg

Hello!
I'm really new to Modelling, and I started with the simple tutorial of Highelf .

I think for a first time, on such a crappy platform (Wings3d) I managed to do pretty well.

Here's a screenshot of it.

2ep0z2x.jpg
Please tell me your opinion and I will not be offended if someone will say bad things about it, but do try saying good stuff. :smile:

Thanks!

It looks very flat and thin, but other than that not bad.
Now let's see it textured!

Bloc;
That looks brilliant! It's a shame I can't texture scene props for the life of me.

Jarvisimo said:
It's a shame I can't texture scene props for the life of me.

Then get texturing some scene props. That's the only way to learn.

Anyway, I made this suit of transitional armour as a bit of practice. Everything you see amounts to about 6500 triangles and is all on one 2048 sheet.

The stupid pose is because I just quickly pulled his arms out of the T-pose for a picture. Try to ignore it.

m1ez.jpg

Not for Warband, but I might stick it in for fun.

I made the mail larger so that it reads better at a distance. At a more realistic size it just turns into noise. I think I over did it by about, though, and next time I'll probably make it 25-30% smaller. It was mainly an experiment, so it has fulfilled its purpose.

David Stark said:
Hello!
I'm really new to Modelling, and I started with the simple tutorial of Highelf .

I think for a first time, on such a crappy platform (Wings3d) I managed to do pretty well.

Here's a screenshot of it.

2ep0z2x.jpg
Please tell me your opinion and I will not be offended if someone will say bad things about it, but do try saying good stuff. :smile:

Thanks!
It's not bad. But as Jarvisimo said, it depends on a texture. I have a model for gambeson witch isn't all that bad, but I just can't get the texture right...
Ah, and a little side note-there's no need to make huge screenshot for something as small. Some people have smaller resolution and have to scroll a lot. It's not a problem with one screenshot, but with four, that's a damn lot of scrolling :wink:

Docm: Another fine piece!

I did a print screen, so yeah a bit too much size for the picture.
And I can't make UV Maps too, so I will be using plasma from now on.
Texturing in Plasma is pretty easy, but I still need to learn a lot.

UV mapping I personally use Wings as it lets you manually input what segments you want mapped.

For texturing I advise GIMP which is a great free alternative to PS with all the capability, but if you can get your hands on PS that's even better.

Back
Top Bottom