Of Orcs and Men

Users who are viewing this thread

Harkon Haakonson said:
Argeus the Paladin said:
It's almost hilarious to see how popular culture from Warcraft and TES onward turned them into the ugly-but-noble-and-oft-misunderstood race.
It's like I sense some indignation in your post. What's the problem with different people having different takes on a "race"? Besides, an universe where all races have their fair share of guilt, corruption and unique characteristics is a lot more interesting to me than establishing one race as unexplicably "evil" and chaotic. I'm not even saying any company does it right, and if this story just favours orcs entirely in a childish manner then it's probably quite bland, but adding sensitivity to every race gives it a lot more potential interest in the development of a story.

Didn't read my other post did you? :wink:

I was remarking on how Tolkien specifically made orcs out to be something akin to Arda's equivalent of (the bulk of) Satan's personal army. It's quite interesting, though how the Prof. would feel about this change had he known is anyone's guess. :lol:

Apparently not, you control an Orc soldier and a Goblin rogue-type (to all you guys who were talking about the Orc race being characterized as evil being wrong, is it also not wrong to adhere to the associated and obvious character stereotypes as this game does?)

Back
Top Bottom