NPCs using lances on close battle & rant about the cavalry

Users who are viewing this thread

I tried searching for this topic on this board, but didn't find any posts.

My problem is, that my NPCs try to use lances to strike enemies, which are right next to their horses.
I have seen these NPC lance fixes on other mods, but not on this one. Is it included, but I have missed it somehow?

Second thing is, that the NPC cavalry doesn't ride away from enemy infantry, when they leave the melee. They just ride slowly forward, while they are getting hit from behind by the enemies.
Is there something, which could be done about that?

Third one is, that my cavalry tends to bunch up on single enemies, instead of choosing individual targets, who are not targeted by others.

I don't know that the lance issue can be fixed. As far as I understand it, it's an AI issue that isn't moddable.

Can you point me to a place where someone else has fixed it?

soulmata said:
I don't know that the lance issue can be fixed. As far as I understand it, it's an AI issue that isn't moddable.

Can you point me to a place where someone else has fixed it?

PBOD has a lance fix, although it doesn't work perfectly.  Cavalry will use their side-arms some of the time, especially when surrounded, but not always.

Yes, PMOD is used in Empire III for instance.

Also, I noticed that my Swadian Cavaliers went to castle assault with their lances out!
Is there something wrong with their gear?

Other cavalrymen have their sidearms out.

There is an indirect way to solve the problem: give all mounted lance troops blunt weapons also. That way, when you want them to use close fight weapons (like during sieges) you can order them to use blunt weapons only.

No idea said:
There is an indirect way to solve the problem: give all mounted lance troops blunt weapons also. That way, when you want them to use close fight weapons (like during sieges) you can order them to use blunt weapons only.

That is a nice workable idea.

It might also help if I can flag all the heavy polearms as two-handed, or the shields the paladins carry as not allowing polearms, since they seem to want to have a shield out at all times.

soulmata said:
It might also help if I can flag all the heavy polearms as two-handed, or the shields the paladins carry as not allowing polearms, since they seem to want to have a shield out at all times.
  stubborn swadians like always. mi'lord i say we execute everyone of them right now. and show them we dont screw around here in Calradia

soulmata said:

The problem I've seen with two-handers is that the troop won't always spawn with a shield even though tf_guarantee_shield is used for the troop.

Back
Top Bottom