November Preview - Sneak Peak: Picts & Britons

Users who are viewing this thread

Kolba

Screenshots of battle between Rheged Teulu and Pictish warband. More will follow. It's the last preview before the release of mod! Comments?

picts.jpg

contarius.jpg

Next screenshots. More will come tomorrow.

Dux Ridge Helmet:

Warrior with Pannonian hat:

Kledtwa:

Aumabellu:

wow great helmets !!!
pannonian hat in britan ?

Gdyby  Turbodynoman istniał robiłby już mody pod m&b 2  :mrgreen:

this mod is placed many years after roman withdraw from britan
is it realy pannonian or magyar hat ( i remember that i was seen images of magyar riders wearing those)

It is a panonnian hat. There is of course no proof of its use in Britain as late as the 580's but the Britons certainly look to their roman past especially for all things military. We know they used the draco and we also know from Bede the Bernicians used another enseign known to them as the thuf and to the Romans as the thuffa. The Sutton Hoo royal burial show us a 7th century king who probably fancied himself as a roman officer even with heavy germanic fashions (or the other way round). Both Britons and Bernicians garrisoned some forts of the Hadrian Wall by the time. Why not keeping a popular roman hat? And the form, fairly basic, may have been known for other style of hat...

Nice screens!  The blue eyes are very remarkable, and kind of dangerous looking. 

All in all, my favorite screen is of the Aumabellu.  I'm guessing those are retextures of Dejawolf's nobleman's shirts?

All in all, my favorite screen is of the Aumabellu.  I'm guessing those are retextures of Dejawolf's nobleman's shirts?

Yes, I've retextured his nobleman shirt.

Thanks guys! Soon I'm going to add more screenshots!  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom