North American Public Line Battle, 4/13. (Regiments by invitation only!)

Which factions would you like this week?

• United Kingdom

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Prussia

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Russia

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • France

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

5arge

Master Knight
Due to an increasing number of regiments trying to attend each week, we will only allow regiments to participate by invitation.

When: Friday, April 13th. Teams will be organized starting at 9:00pm EDT (We are on Eastern Daylight Time now, so if you are not, come ONE HOUR EARLIER than usual.)

Where: MM_US_Event

TeamSpeak is REQUIRED for all public participants! TeamSpeak info can be found here:
ts3.1stepi.com
Public players should find the Public Regiment channel, where they will receive basic instructions and the server password. Any public players who miss the instructional period may be denied the password.

We will be hosting another line battle on Friday. The battle will be open to all public players and MM regiments by invitation only. Please join TeamSpeak ahead of the start in order to give new players a brief period to practice line drills and become familiar with organized musket tactics. The server will be passworded, and only public players in TeamSpeak will receive the password once the event has begun. Regiment leaders will receive the password via Steam or TeamSpeak. Each side will be comprised mostly of line infantry, with the exception of one skirmisher, cavalry, and cannon unit per faction. On the first Friday of each month, cannons and cavalry will be removed from the battle for a change of pace. Regiments will be expected to fight in lines of 8-20 players each, adhering to commonly accepted line battle doctrine. The battle will be fought between the two factions with the most votes in the poll and the teams and factions will remain the same for the entire battle. We will be playing best of three rounds on three different large maps.

If your regiment is invited, and you would like to apply for a special position (cannons, cavalry, or skirmishers), send me a PM in the following format:
In the subject, place "[Role] Application" ( For example, Skirmisher Application)

Regiment:
Role Desired:
Number of members:
Previous Experiences:

FNLB_9.jpg

Special Announcement: As the release of Napoleonic Wars draws closer (sometime this month) I would like to mention that we will be moving this weekly event to the new DLC as soon as it comes out. The guest list will be completely revised when we make the move from MM to NW because not all regiments are going to make the switch, and entire regiments may take time to move over to NW. I would also like to make sure we have ample room for the flood of public players who will be new to line battles in general, so that we can welcome them to our community and show them how things are done. The new event will have a new set of rules specifically written for NW, and we will use the same rules at Tuesday line battles and Fridays (the Top Secret battles also). Essentially, when Napoleonic Wars comes out, there will be an Official North American Line Battle, two days a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. Also, when we make the switch, I will no longer post a new thread each week, we will use the same thread stickied in the Napoleonic Wars Events forums to keep people up to date on things.

Damn you 5arge! Damn you! I was sitting here waiting and waiting you to post the damn thing..and then i got bored and left..1 minute later you POST IT.

Heheheh. Firing from Horseback :smile: :smile: :smile: Oh boy this is going to get fun :smile:

Kawee said:
Does Paradox realize that April is exam season for NA uni students? :sad:
Indeed... just thinking about NW's impending release is obscuring my studies, but sweet release will come soon. Also, glory to the pubs and all that. 

If Valve doesn't care about exam period (and even jokes about it during the april TF2 event last year or two), then I doubt Paradox does :p

DrTaco said:
Can we know what the rules are for the Friday Linebattles on Napoleonic Wars? Or is it seeeecreeet.
Yes, you can.

General Expectations:

-Officers and NCOs are responsible for enforcing the event rules within their ranks. Failure to do so will result in the entire regiment being punished.

-All regiments must sign the "social contract" agreeing that they understand and intend to follow the event rules before they are allowed to attend.

-If either side has 3 soldiers or less alive, the rules governing combat may be ignored in order to expedite an end to the round.

-Postponing defeat will result in an automatic slay.

Guidelines for Infantry and Skirmishers:

-Lines of more than 12 soldiers must fight in two ranks.

-Skirmisher units may never exceed 15 soldiers.

-Soldiers should only fire their muskets while in a properly spaced line formation, or risk being slain with no warning.
              -"One space" is the width of your avatar on screen
              -Infantry should have less than 1 space between them
              -Light Infantry (skirmisher w/ bayonet) may have 3 spaces between them
              -Riflemen may have up to 5 spaces between them

-Skirmishers may crouch at any time, but Infantry may only crouch if they are in the front of a two (or more) rank line.

-If only 2 men remain in a line, they must immediately join a friendly line OR charge directly toward their enemy into melee

Guidelines for Cavalry:

-Cavalry units may never exceed 15 soldiers.

-Cavalry may fire muskets from horseback, but must be in a line as with Infantry.

-Unhorsed/dismounted Cavalry are considered Light Infantry.

Guidelines for Engineers:

-Engineer units may never exceed 4 soldiers.

-Infantry and Skirmisher regiments may have 1 Engineer in their unit.

-Musket armed Engineers are considered Light Infantry.

Guidelines for Artillery:

-Each faction is allowed 2 guns (cannon, howitzer, or mortar). 2 rockets count as 1 gun.

-Each gun can have a crew of 3 Artillerymen and 2 Bodyguards.

-Artillery Bodyguards may choose Infantry, Skirmisher, or Engineer classes, but must obey Light Infantry spacing rules.

DrTaco said:
Can we know what the rules are for the Friday Linebattles on Napoleonic Wars? Or is it seeeecreeet.

WELL.

For one...People will be able to Fire from Horse-Back....but must be at a trot... All im going to tell...and its not because i dont know anything else.

EDIT:

DAMMIT 5ARGE YOU RUINED MY POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom