Native Completed north american duel tournament - check second post for all news and updates!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, player list up to date.

Rule change:

I originally thought that it wouldn't really make sense to have two people play with 100 ping when they could play with 40. After some thought however, I've decided to have all EU v EU duels take place on NA servers. The point of this tournament isn't actually to measure objective dueling skill. The point of this tournament is to measure North American dueling skill. If dueler A can beat dueler B on Nditions, but dueler B can adjust to higher ping and fastest speed better than dueler A, than I think the ruleset should favor dueler B, as it is an NA duel tournament.

Europeans, thoughts?

is ow said:

Rule change:

I originally thought that it wouldn't really make sense to have two people play with 100 ping when they could play with 40. After some thought however, I've decided to have all EU v EU duels take place on NA servers. The point of this tournament isn't actually to measure objective dueling skill. The point of this tournament is to measure North American dueling skill. If dueler A can beat dueler B on Nditions, but dueler B can adjust to higher ping and fastest speed better than dueler A, than I think the ruleset should favor dueler B, as it is an NA duel tournament.

Europeans, thoughts?
I like it. North American duel tournament should measure North American dueling skill, as you said.

Juvenile said:
is ow said:

Rule change:

Europeans, thoughts?
I like it. North American duel tournament should measure North American dueling skill, as you said.
is ow said:
Europeans, thoughts?
didnt know you switched ur allegiance.....traitor

im not in the tournament but it seems fair enough to me. ability to deal with ping is part of the parcel when you sign up for NA tournaments; as a EU player it shouldn't be different if your fighting an NA or an EU. I know when i'v been involved in NA tourneys in the past i have wanted to fight on NA but because the status quo was nditions it felt normal to fight other Europeans on it. I guess the main argument against the idea would be if someone has like 140+ ping NA and the other has under 100 which although i think one could legitimately view this as unfair, people know what they are signing up for though. I'd go for it, although i cant see how you will stop most of them being played on EU servers anyway, but it'd be good to have a different impetus from the rules.

Thanks for the input Cleric. I understand the 100 (or like 80, in M's case) to 150 ping frustration, but again a dueler with 150 ping will be worse in NA tournaments, that's just a fact of life. (Of course the 80 to 150 ping match up really depends on the duelers, but it will be more difficult for the one with higher ping). As for enforcing the rules, I'll require screenshots and hope people just know how to follow rules.

USA_Balion_WarRoom is located in NYC, it is also set by default to duel (ironically). Europeans should have great ping on it. It restarts delay to ensure no lag will ever occur. EU duelers are more then welcome to use if you need  a admin I am always on steam if you need a admin I will either get on or get a admin on for you.

I preemptively filled out the info for him.

Z3ro said:
USA_Balion_WarRoom is located in NYC, it is also set by default to duel (ironically). Europeans should have great ping on it. It restarts delay to ensure no lag will ever occur. EU duelers are more then welcome to use if you need  a admin I am always on steam if you need a admin I will either get on or get a admin on for you.

Oh oops, I'm still thinking in terms of 2011 or something, apologies.

Cleric_Johnson said:
Also if sign ups are still open i guess i will sign up as well.

Name: AE_Cleric_Johnson
Steam ID: Clerical error
NA or Eu: EU

They're still open, no worries.

Name: KoA_King_John
Steam ID: Sir_Jon
NA or Eu: NA

Don't expect much, I don't even exercise

Andre-the-Giant-The-Princess-Bride-300x228.jpg

Back
Top Bottom