News:a chinese game copying M&B is around the corner

Users who are viewing this thread

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Surprise!

TaleWorlds have outsourced to China. This is Bannerlord.
asd.gif

ciauz^^,
Jab

Britz said:
Well, I post in the wrong board minutes ago and unable to remove my own topic, can someone call the moderator to remove it? Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.
here is the link:http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,285768.msg6793437.html#msg6793437

video:http://static.video.qq.com/TPout.swf?vid=w00121z27xk&auto=1
or
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxj34_tFq3g

17330938420130904143800034.jpg

1733093842013090414374208.jpg

17330938420130904143553093.jpg

17330938420130904143910062.jpg

17330938420130904143838043.jpg

1733093842013090414381704.jpg

As can be seen from the video and screenshots above, the game is copying the game mode of M&B, even using the same skeleton animation and similar maps.

Tips: Tencent is one of the biggest IT company in china and has been notorious for copying other software and ideas. Actually, their core product qq is a copy, more precisely, a refined version of MSN.

Actually, I'm wondering what armagon will do with more m&b-like games in the market, like chivalry and the war of roses(but not this one, another Tencent's inferior copy). After all, these games post threat to the position of m&b,especially when players have used to what the current version of m&b can provide.

So, in a word, and with all due respect, can we have sth new about M&B2?

It's like films from The Asylum. So long as they don't directly touch upon copyrighted material they can't be sued or taken down legally. Like a major Chinese developer could be taken down from the West anyways.

pro.faiL said:
And even if it's a copy, what can you do? Nothing, useless thread.

Can't change something? Don't discuss it!

Once we're done ignoring this thread, let's stop teaching history in schools.

After all, if we don't have direct control over it, it's not worth knowing!

The maps looks exactly like warband ,just a bit polished. Judging the reputation of the company they must have copied the warband contents and just polished them into chinese flavour.

All Chinese games has exaggerating graphics, and some core feature of previously successful games, in this case M&B. At once time, some of their most populated MMORPG somewhat had the battle and skill system from Diablo II, but still with their own original settings, in the martial art universe, mainly Jin Yong's universe. Jin Yong is like the J.R.R.Tolkien and George R.R Martin of Chinese literature.

You can't say it's a copycat yet, until you've played the game. It's like judging a book by its cover.

But the fact about many Chinese games, being copycat of another Chinese game or international game is the truth.

Imagination said:
Total crap I reckon. I don't see any better game in this genre than Warband. Imo.
this.

>also chinese team is training hard for the next NC 2014 :3
here the secret roster :
Rödin, Scaer, Schakkal, Moxx, FHiSk, Rasingan, LordNetzger, Razèr, MeLe, Triori,
Jurl, YourSoAlone, Augustimus, AkiiMakli, Lives, Vivur, Barsung, Anus_Draconus, SaxoBank218, RénéKB, TheBird

Vermillion_Hawk said:
It's like films from The Asylum. So long as they don't directly touch upon copyrighted material they can't be sued or taken down legally. Like a major Chinese developer could be taken down from the West anyways.

Hopefully this has better special effects and voice acting.

The Bowman said:
They didn't copy ****. It's just the same concept, it seems.

If you make a rally racing game, then it doesn't necessarily mean you copied the other ones that existed before. Same with Warband: if someone wants to make a medieval FPS it is no proof they copied anything. And stop calling China a copycat on every thing you can blame.

Man, they even have the same maps (in the video is shown the map ruins and the arena), the same way of doing sieges, the exactly same combat system.

They did copy everything, Warband is a genre itself, true, but Warband is a game and it's unique. It's the only one like that and they did copy it, exactly.

Yes, but how about some original ideas for a change? Why mindlessly copy down to map details?
Would it make their heads explode if they thought on their own for a while? Or you can't do that in China as it's culturally frowned upon to have original ideas?
Same gripe I have with Russian knockoffs.

This looks amazing, I mean wow ! .. don't care what someone wants to call it, copy or so on. Awesome

Hero, im sure you can find MODS for warband that look just as good, with the same theme and everything. though i have to admit, their grass texture tiles suck. They suck harder than a thai girl.

From watching the video the only think Unique they added was the kill move with the dagger. the animations look like this pretty much

It's irritating somehow to see a well-known Warband scene like Ruins in a "completely different" game.
Let's see it as a proof for Warbands headway and last but not least for its exemplary function..

Back
Top Bottom