NEWBIE question

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, totally new to PoP, or Warband. Have played Bannerlord extensively.
My question, when you play PoP, is it like "Land of Sika" for Bannerlord, i.e. NO OTHER MODS needed/suggested, or should/could you still use modes like "Floris Pack"?

TL;DR: Is Prophesy of Pendor a fully 'inclusive' mod, or are there other mods that can enhance the experience?\

Thanks for sharing your insights.

It's a total conversion mod, but can also be tweaked quite extensively. To my knowledge, there aren't a lot of add-ons that work seamlessly with PoP. It was only very recently that I discovered an official, or at least forum-sponsored add-on- The complete arsenal of Aziz. Though I have found, even that is slightly disruptive to the balance of the mod.

Then again PoP isn't known for being a well-balanced mod to begin with. So I would argue there's not a lot you could do to worsen it. The difficulty curve ranges from diabolically unforgiving for the inexperienced, to an absolute steamroll for the experienced. Ultimately the type of experience you get will likely depend on your ability and the degree to which you can abstain from abusing an almost limitless threshold of player scaling.

My suggestion would be to play the mod to get a feel for it, then decide whether or not you find it agreeable. You can always turn to the amazing tweak guide on the wiki and tackle things you don't like one step at a time. At the end of the day, you only have to please yourself.

Last edited:
@Ser Jon @Fleebusia - thanks! Will dive in soon. Blandlord does my head in

Good luck on your journey.

I highly recommend using the wiki to its fullest to get the most out of the mod. Without spoiling too much, let me just say there are some rather dire trapdoors that are easy to fall into and from which there is no turning back.

@Ser Jon @Fleebusia - dived in yesterday, interesting world. 2 quick questions:
- is there an actual main quest? Seems very similar (on the surface) to a standard WB world, except different factions. Couldn't find any quest givers 'locking me on' to any overriding quest.
- is the quest with the "Fragile Book" bugged? Couldn't read the book - message states something like "..you feel you could learn a lot from the book, so will keep reading it..." Intelligence is 11, so that can't be the issue. Checked Wiki, could not find answer what requirements must be met to read that book, and move the quest forward. Lvl 10 toon, just added 1st companions.
Thanks for all your insights.

- is there an actual main quest? Seems very similar (on the surface) to a standard WB world, except different factions. Couldn't find any quest givers 'locking me on' to any overriding quest.
- is the quest with the "Fragile Book" bugged? Couldn't read the book - message states something like "..you feel you could learn a lot from the book, so will keep reading it..." Intelligence is 11, so that can't be the issue. Checked Wiki, could not find answer what requirements must be met to read that book, and move the quest forward. Lvl 10 toon, just added 1st companions.

There's not really a main quest per se, at least not beyond complete domination of the known world, but there are some major quests and questlines like the one involving the fragile book in addition to others related to knighthood orders. One of the main goals, if you could say there are any, would be establishing orders, hunting unique spawns and personalities for precious items to grow in power and potentially unlock items for your CKO.

There are many minor side-quests related to fief management and the KO ranking system, things you might concern yourself with a bit further down the road.

Been a long time since I did that quest. I don't recall having an issue with reading the book. AFAIK you just need to select it in camp menu for reading then any time spent idling in camp or towns will accumulate progress towards it.

There's sorta a questline, the banner quest, but beyond that it's nothing like what you might expect. You can actually skip this in sandbox mode, I'm pretty sure. As for the book, you need to use the camp or a settlement.

@Taveren

Hi,

I would suggest installing the Pendor Rearmed mod. It improves PoP greatly. Otherwise it's like the devs say, play it the way you want. And set your own goals.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Warband and its many mods tend to not have a "main quest". That feature is more of a Bannerlord only thing. In order to read any type of book you need to have the required intelligence level, go into camp -> select "take an action", select "read a book" and then you will slowly read the book while camping or staying in a town or village.

This is perhaps the best ARPG-strategy game I have (ever) played. The way random spawns and invaders pop up help to keep the enjoyment level up, as you have so much more to deal with than just uniting the entire world under your banner.
Kiting the Destroyer and his 4000+ doomstack into my scared as sh... army of vassals almost made my pull my hair out, but when I managed it, it was totally rewarding.

A question for the long-time campaigners: can you recruit faction leaders? I had a moment (which I then maybe wasted) where I had captured the faction leader of the D'Shar, and the "lord genuinely admires you and your kingdom" came up, yet before I could have the conversation with him the AI sank my efforts by offering to ransom him. And then when I redid the entire siege to capture that last D'Shar holdout and bring stability under my Pendor Empire banner, the slippery fellow escaped. And the siege took > 1hour IRL time to complete, so my enthusiasm for a third effort was low. And of course as soon as the D'Shar stopped to exist he "left the continent", [sigh]

But it made me wonder, would you even be able to recruit a King/Ruler of a faction? (Marius hated me, and was from another continent anyway, so I could understand him taking the next ship home, but where will Ulric go?)

TL;DR - can you recruit a faction leader if you rule the map?

Back
Top Bottom