New weapons that you would like

Users who are viewing this thread

Federick421 said:
And perhaps are very powerful wild animals guarding the artifacts, like a Baryonyx standing in for a Dragon

Not going to happen. Calradia is a fantasy setting, but not that much of a fantasy.

It's kinda hard to think of a new weapon, because we've already got most of the weapons available. Personally I'd really like to see more features on the already existing weapons, like flaming arrow (wont be useful if the targets are men, though), quick dagger sheathing, because I think they will be very useful in a sudden close combat, and the ability to throw melee spears (once). I know we've already got javelins, but I just feel like it. It can be made like javelins, but the melee mode is the default. Won't be applied to lance because it already has couching as its secondary mode.

The Peasant Slayer 5000!!!!!!

I'd really like to see a warhammer with two weapon modes: the hammer part, which would be blunt damage, and the spike part, turning the weapon around, for piercing damage...both swing damage, and no thrust, but good for stabbing infantry from horseback and occasionally bashing in the helmets of knights

Revamp of armor and damage to where say a sword has cutting piercing and blunt damage.  If it doesn't have a high enough pierce value then it doesn't do cutting damage and does only the blunt. Armor would then be graded on its resistance on all three values. So a sword swing would be relatively useless vs plate but an amazing peasant slayer. This would require specialized weapons to tackle heavy armour. It would also allow interesting arrow types some better for unalloyed other better for armoured.

I kinda like it. It would be a more sophisticated implementation of the damage types already in the game. The basic idea of what you're proposing is already there. Cutting weapons tend to be fast & flexible (swords, sabres and scimitars) or do a lot of damage (axes and bardiches) already but their impact is severely dampened by the presence of armour. Swords especially need to be huge (Sword of War, Two-handed Swords, etc.) or need a lot of power strike and a high speed bonus to do damage in those cases. Axes tend to have enough brute damage to hurt regardless of armour although they tend to be fairly short.

AWdeV said:
I kinda like it. It would be a more sophisticated implementation of the damage types already in the game. The basic idea of what you're proposing is already there. Cutting weapons tend to be fast & flexible (swords, sabres and scimitars) or do a lot of damage (axes and bardiches) already but their impact is severely dampened by the presence of armour. Swords especially need to be huge (Sword of War, Two-handed Swords, etc.) or need a lot of power strike and a high speed bonus to do damage in those cases. Axes tend to have enough brute damage to hurt regardless of armour although they tend to be fairly short.

What I was kind of going for is a sword slash would do 0 damage to maile minus the blunt impact which would also likely be 0 because of the padding. So if you want to kill a plated knight with a sword, you'll probably die of  exhaustion before you're a serious threat. But then again there all the awl pikes, picks, maces and hammers, that while inefficient vs lightly armored troops are just what you want vs armor. What would be cool tool is breaking like in some mods and a weapon getting stuck in an enemy requiring you to carry a sidearm.

Scaling the ranged damage where its greater closer up would also be cool. Such as at range a maxed out bow is amusing to someone in armor but up close 30m or so is effective. Armor defeating arrows should damage vs unarmored troops that say a broad head which should do massive damage but broadheads would be useless vs armor.

The two handed swords would have a higher blunt damage making them somewhat effective vs armor.

A lot of weapons should be able to crush through, some should be just plain unblockable. and quit a few shouldn't be able to block.

A badass more like bow and a two sided battleaxe would be awesome and dual wield sword or sabres  maybe black armor back from the first mount and blade (the armor that kinda looks the same as that from lord of the rings the human armor more pointy helmets that's my toughts just so to let u know :wink:

Hi,

sry for soem oftopic,

BUT: the first post seams to be from 2005/2006? how can this be?
the game was realised in 2008 i think?

dwa said:
Revamp of armor and damage to where say a sword has cutting piercing and blunt damage.  If it doesn't have a high enough pierce value then it doesn't do cutting damage and does only the blunt. Armor would then be graded on its resistance on all three values. So a sword swing would be relatively useless vs plate but an amazing peasant slayer. This would require specialized weapons to tackle heavy armour. It would also allow interesting arrow types some better for unalloyed other better for armoured.
This doesn't work. The low amount of damage a cutting weapon already does to an armoured fighter is a simulation of the small amount of blunt damage done. Same end result, (small amount of damage done without piercing armour) without convoluted simulation

The Soliferrum or Saunion, a heavy, full iron javelin used by Iberians on Roman times. If introduced in the game, you can carry just one of them per box (4 max), with devastating damage for the enemy, can pierce through low level shields, and have a very short range. Available for bandints on Rhodock and Sarranid areas, in multiplayer just for Rhodocks and Sarranids as well.

soliferreum.jpg

97itqp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom