New to modding and having trouble using build_module batch file. (Solved)

Users who are viewing this thread

reaver456

Veteran
Pretty much brand new to modding. Been following Armagan getting started guide here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5408.0.html I downloaded Python 2.6 and just downloaded the native MB module for 1.134. I was trying so see if I can get Ibidils code for castle walkers working in native. I made the necessary changes to the module_script, module_simple_triggers, and module_game_menus files in the module and now I was ready to compile it. But every time I activate the build_module batch file I get this error message in a DOS window.

Not enough quota is available to process this command.
Could Not Find C:\Users\reaver456\Desktop\Modules system\Module_system 1.134\*.p
yc

Script processing has ended.
Press any key to exit. . .

the USERS\reaver456 file path is where I put the Native module. I just saved it to my desktop why it cant find it I have no idea. The repeated "not enough quota" messages not exactly sure the cause. But Googling this error messsage seemed that it was a memory issue. So I closed as many programs and applications as I could and increased my virtual memory page file still no luck. I also checked to see if the quota system on my C drive was activated and its not. Also I got 4GB of RAM shouldn't that be plenty?

So know Ive come to the modding community to see if anyone got any idea of what the problem could be. Any ideas how I can get this thing to build?

Do you have enough free space on your harddisk that is not write protected?

And did you set up the export path in module_info? (no clue if this has anything to do with that though)

Ritter Dummbatz said:
And did you set up the export path in module_info? (no clue if this has anything to do with that though)

Yes I did here is the exact set up path I used in Module_Info  "C:/Program Files (x86)/Mount&Blade Warband/Modules/My New Module/" My New Module is just a folder I created which for now is an exact copy of native.
Ritter Dummbatz said:
Do you have enough free space on your harddisk that is not write protected?

Hmm well just doing a quick right-click properties check on my C: drive says I have 39.8GB of free space. 116GB total capacity and currently using  76.6GB of space. Is that enough? Im gonna try freeing up more space right now.

How would I check if free space is write protected and if is how would I unprotect it?

Yes, yes...that's more than enough space.  :razz:

Well, quotas are a specific amount of harddisk space that is granted to a specific user. Whether you check your OS again on how and if this is set and change it accordingly or you log in as administrator and see if that works.

Usually you can check if it is write protected or not by right clicking a folder or inside the system controls where the rights should be listed under User Accounts or so. But a right click on your export destination will tell you all you need to know, I guess.

I am not used to windows 7 or vista so I can't really help with these. Just in case you use one of those.

Well free up more disk space now have about 53.4GB of free space. Still getting the same error message. But I right clicked on the mount and blade warband folder and it was marked as read only. But when I try to unmark it and apply the change if I leave the folder and comeback to it the read only mark is back on it. Any ideas of how I can remove this if this is even the cause of the error.

Not really. Do it again as administrator. May be see if you can change it in System Control -> User Accounts ....
Probably better to search an answere in the internet than to ask me but the write protection seems to be what causes the error.

not sure what but something with my computer just wont let me compile the files. But I used another computer of mine and I compiled the mod successfully so any compiling ill just use my other pc thanks for your help though. I guess now Ill haft to edit the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom