New Scenes

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, I am starting a map for PW Mod, maybe it will be out by the end of August or later... but anyway, can someone tell me the name of the legendary sword in edit mode? thanks

Phyrex, that map looks like pure genius. It's a shame that the beta-test server didn't work, but I hope one of the servers is going to host this map.

Aragondor said:
Thats so cool man, looks awesome.
Now this map is what I want to see on the servers :smile:

+Rep!

Off-Topic:- Who made the map on the 22nd server?
I'm sorry, but its wrong and very anti-social, the huge hill that you must climb just separates everyone.

I made it and I did that so the people who have the castle cannot just sit in it and dominate the whole map. If they want to truly rule they will have to move out and try to control the lands around them. This is exacerbated by a very limited amount of gold that can be made inside the castle.

It takes a few minutes o climb the hill I do not think it is a big deal. I wanted the map to seem larger than it was which is why I designed the terrain as it is. You can say it is antisocial and maybe it is but I put a lot of thought about how I wanted the gameplay to pan out and as far as I can tell it works. Roughly. However I need to work on quite a few aspects of it before I consider it complete. This is simply version 1. But the greater design will not change it needs tweaks.

My map is starting to get ready, I will give every color some love, for example, Green and White both have an nice little dungeon base underground, but they are next to eachother. Near them, theres something special for the Blues :wink: Red and Yellow will get the two slums "outside" of the city. I will also hide the powerful weapons, only the Dragon shield is... Quite visible :razz:

Temuzu said:
My map is starting to get ready, I will give every color some love, for example, Green and White both have an nice little dungeon base underground, but they are next to eachother. Near them, theres something special for the Blues :wink: Red and Yellow will get the two slums "outside" of the city.

Do we bandits get a nice, sinister, well-hidden lair?  :mrgreen:

King Harkinian said:
Temuzu said:
My map is starting to get ready, I will give every color some love, for example, Green and White both have an nice little dungeon base underground, but they are next to eachother. Near them, theres something special for the Blues :wink: Red and Yellow will get the two slums "outside" of the city.

Do we bandits get a nice, sinister, well-hidden lair?  :mrgreen:
Kinda :smile: Im not sure, but I believe no fully armed knight or such can get there, and even bandits need high trick jumping skills.

anyway we can show the story line to the players so maybe they will gather into some kind of consistant and logical rp so the dont have to burst into a chaos of ALL CAPS GLOBAL CHAT HEAR ME HEAR ME IM THE KING to get something fun going. I don't think this would limit people imagination much as people would still come up with new ways to try and overthrow the tyrant and outside factions (Like the order) could join a side and fight

The spawn location is much better, I can now get into battle and interact much faster now.
I don't like the castle on the hill though, its hardly used.

The city is cool, big battles between city rulers and the small castle rulers are fun, thats pretty much all we used last session.

To the maker of that one new map

i saw the castle on the hill being used a lot. Could you put on pathing blockers around the hill (if possible) to stop horses from doing the funny looking 'Walk up the hill backwards' in four seconds rather than just spend 40 seconds on the intended route
Especially on the small stone castle and the mines. BTW I noticed there is an unused space on the area above the wood walled mines.. Curious as to what you are going to do with it. Also could you give us hints as to where you are taking the map?

Also is there a secret to opening the townwatch building from the outside (dont tell me how) or are you going to fix that because last game someone locked it up and died while inside. The house was locked for the rest of the game

have you made two different maps? i dont see any resemblances to the map you described and the map iv been playing all day

Hi there, im modifiying the textures of the original map to give them a little more variations, i just modified the textures and nothing else. Here are some screenshots of the WIP. If someone is interested on it i can upload it if the author don't mind.

MrShovelFace said:

i saw the castle on the hill being used a lot. Could you put on pathing blockers around the hill (if possible) to stop horses from doing the funny looking 'Walk up the hill backwards' in four seconds rather than just spend 40 seconds on the intended route
Especially on the small stone castle and the mines. BTW I noticed there is an unused space on the area above the wood walled mines.. Curious as to what you are going to do with it. Also could you give us hints as to where you are taking the map?

Also is there a secret to opening the townwatch building from the outside (dont tell me how) or are you going to fix that because last game someone locked it up and died while inside. The house was locked for the rest of the game

have you made two different maps? i dont see any resemblances to the map you described and the map iv been playing all day

Yea I wanted to make the city watch impenetrable. However I am currently deciding how best to make an extremely well hidden route in. For the very reason you described.

As for the future of the map I will be improving it where I can, there will probably not be many more major changes. Essentially I am running low on props. However I still want to increase detail in a few places, tweak the defencibility of certain areas, fix bugs and most importantly try and add a few more secrets for exploration.

I do NOT want to just keep adding and adding until it becomes a cluttered mess! However I am always open to considering suggestions so if you have any then let me know, you might catch my imagination.

Plazek said:
MrShovelFace said:

Yea I wanted to make the city watch impenetrable. However I am currently deciding how best to make an extremely well hidden route in. For the very reason you described.

As for the future of the map I will be improving it where I can, there will probably not be many more major changes. Essentially I am running low on props. However I still want to increase detail in a few places, tweak the defencibility of certain areas, fix bugs and most importantly try and add a few more secrets for exploration.

I do NOT want to just keep adding and adding until it becomes a cluttered mess! However I am always open to considering suggestions so if you have any then let me know, you might catch my imagination.

:/ i dont think adding something to that empty corner of the map would really make it cluttered as nobody ever goes there

Back
Top Bottom