NEW MOD: Magic World for 1.011 Updated january 23th

Users who are viewing this thread

ive solved my problem....now i have one question:where is the fifth mage?i think he is somewhere in vaegir faction......

u either have to beat down the undeads or help them at some point cus later they can be rather nasty
undeads.jpg

Riro said:
ive solved my problem....now i have one question:where is the fifth mage?i think he is somewhere in vaegir faction......
I copied this from gamecubetoby's response earlier:
Zendar - In the tower

Narra - Go into the town and turn right, go up the staircase and turn left. Follow it round until you get to a dead end and looking at the wall at the dead end look left. You'll see the wizard on top of a building. Walk across the washing line to get to him.

Sargoth - Go into the town and turn right. Keep an eye out on your left and theres a mini passageway. Go down it and you'll see him.

Jelkala - You'll spawn in the middle of the town, make your way to the entrance and go up the staircase ( Theres a ladder on the staircase but you can walk under it ) and the wizard is pretty much infront of you when you get up.

Praven - Go to the guild master and theres a lil wall with a gap. Go through and talk to wizard.

hestesko said:
u either have to beat down the undeads or help them at some point cus later they can be rather nasty
undeads.jpg
It seems you waited a very looooong time. :razz:

I have a question, what is the cheat to get all spells? I had most of em but my old file got deleted and I don't want to go through all those tasks again.

Nekocatz said:
I have a question, what is the cheat to get all spells? I had most of em but my old file got deleted and I don't want to go through all those tasks again.

I can't find simple step....maybe need to edit MagicWorldModuleSystem?

This is how to learn all spells when you first meet Mage in Zendar .
You edit ....
module_dialogs.py line:369

[anyone|plyr,"magic_talk11", [], "Well,I think I got it. Thank you. But I also want to know something more about magic.", "magic_talk13",[(display_message,"@Learned Fireball!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Fireball,magic_Novice),]],

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

[anyone|plyr,"magic_talk11", [], "Well,I think I got it. Thank you. But I also want to know something more about magic.", "magic_talk13",
[
(display_message,"@Learned Fireball!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Fireball,magic_Master),
(display_message,"@Learned Searing_Ray!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Searing_Ray,magic_Master),
(display_message,"@Learned Burning_Trail!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Burning_Trail,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Wall_of_Fire!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Wall_of_Fire,magic_Master),
(display_message,"@Learned Fire_Shroud!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Fire_Shroud,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Wave!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Wave,magic_Master),
(display_message,"@Learned Freezing_Trail!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Freezing_Trail,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Ice_Storm!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Ice_Storm,magic_Master),
(display_message,"@Learned Tsunami!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Tsunami,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Cure!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Cure,magic_Master),
(display_message,"@Learned Cure_Others!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Cure_Others,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Cats_grace!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Cats_grace,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Bulls_strength!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Bulls_strength,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Mass Cure!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Mass_Cure,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Ammunition_Restoration!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Ammunition_Restoration,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Mind_Fog!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Mind_Fog,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Summon_Undead!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Summon_Undead,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Teleport!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Teleport,magic_Learned),
(display_message,"@Learned Sandstorm!",0xffff00),(troop_set_slot,"trp_player",slot_troop_Sandstorm,magic_Master),
]
],

Probably succeed?Please back up before editting.

sweet that worked, thanks dude. Now I only wish that the kingdom management by highlander was added to this awesome mod.

Pure Dark, could you provide some feedback or effect for the healing others spell?  I don't really know how to suggest doing so.  Maybe change the color of their displayed name from green to red if they are in range of the spell and less than full health?  A script to do that would only need to be activated when the cure others spell was selected, and no new graphics would need creating.  I guess what I really need to do is just learn mass cure, but it's a thought.

Can you all believe it?
I'm a fourteen-year-old middle school student.
I have no time to updata this mod or fix any bug now, I (or you) need to wait until the summer vacation.

Gods, I have 7 years on you and Ruthven put together :oops:  I gotta retire soon before you guys get jobs and make me unemployable.  Awesome work man, but you're right, let it lie until vacation.  Get the school work out of the way and chase girls, much more important than modding.
Besides, I'll have learned mass cure long before then and won't care so much :razz:

ohyeah.png

(this is Og, I like developing characters)

I really like all the cool armor for this mod. I have been playing it but I found a few glitches:

A) lords halls don't count hoods attached to the body, so hair shows through where they would normally remove the helmet equipped item.

The game must set your characters hair type to bald when you wear a helmet, so I'm not sure how else one could fix this other then find that line and copy it directed at that robe I am wearing. Normally I have a black hood on as well under it but I will play around and see what happens if I don't wear it.

B) I captured 7 various magicians and periodically tempted them to join my party, but after recruiting 5 Rhodok tribesmen my recruit attempt turned out like this:

glitchq.png

(no actual units where added to my party here)

I understand that you are a student (and  you really are that old I have to give you credit, this is a lot of work especially on top of what you have already learn in school) so I'm not complaining or asking you to get on this anytime soon. I just want to spot anything I can as a service.

Spell types are selected by hitting 6-0 (in a battle) then you hit "E" to cycle types under that category, and left click with the mouse when you have the right spell selected.

I had BobTD's bug in the previous version.  Looks like whatever Pure Dark did fixed the prisoners being added to your party repeatedly (so much for the instant legion of magicians), but didn't fix the prisoner recruiting loop from getting stuck on the same line of prisoners.  Some variable not getting reset properly.  Maybe a conflict with one of the new slots?  I don't know, just guessing.

BobTD said:
... and left click with the mouse when you have the right spell selected.
I hit 6, having fire spells line appeared. Then hit T to select the fire type of spells. In the beginning (after first visit to Zendar) I get only Fireball. So After T I hit E and see the square with something firelike appear in the low left above a box with the name of a spell selected. I have some wand (said that made of phoenix feather or smthng?) ready. But when I LClick the only thing I get is that square disappear. Nothing else happens.
What's the problem? Lack of mana? Wrong staff/wand for the spell? Wrong letters hit?
More to say, in reports I have a menu about magic status. There I can see my only Fireball spell. When I press on it, I get some bar like 0/150 with + and - buttons and 20 points to spend on ... what? What is that? What is 150? What is 20 and where th did I get tham from? Why spend these 20 points on those 150?
In couple of words: where can I get the manual except the one I talk about in Zendar about the letters 'T' 'E' 'Y' 'V' and numbers 6-0?

Meeshka said:
I hit 6, having fire spells line appeared. Then hit T to select the fire type of spells. In the beginning (after first visit to Zendar) I get only Fireball. So After T I hit E and see the square with something firelike appear in the low left above a box with the name of a spell selected. I have some wand (said that made of phoenix feather or smthng?) ready. But when I LClick the only thing I get is that square disappear. Nothing else happens.
You're almost there.  You've now selected the fireball spell.  if you have a wand in your weapon slot and have that wand equipped, you can now L click and cast a fireball.  You may have to hold the L mouse button down for a second for higher power spells, but that's all there is to it.
More to say, in reports I have a menu about magic status. There I can see my only Fireball spell. When I press on it, I get some bar like 0/150 with + and - buttons and 20 points to spend on ... what? What is that? What is 150? What is 20 and where th did I get tham from? Why spend these 20 points on those 150?
That report tells you how close you are to increasing the level of each spell.  You need to cast fireball 150 times to improve its power.  You have 20 magic points that can be used with the +/- buttons to improve any spell by one cast without having to actually cast it.  You get magic points for leveling up as a mage
In couple of words: where can I get the manual except the one I talk about in Zendar about the letters 'T' 'E' 'Y' 'V' and numbers 6-0?
That's all the tutorial you get ingame.  Since English isn't the native language of either you or the mod's maker, I can imagine it must be kinda frustrating for you.  Ask in this thread and we'll try to help

Note that your encumbrance must be less than 20 pounds. Take off the chain armor and then try. That little tidbit (which doesn't appear to be mentioned anywhere but this thread) had me hung up for a full day.

delve said:
Note that your encumbrance must be less than 20 pounds.
Now that is a MUST KNOW!!!  :grin:
Thanks, at least I learned I'm not that dumb. Maybe that knowledge should appear somewhere in a dialog.

It probably should appear in the dialogue for the Zendar mage. Maybe when the author get a break he can make that minor addition. Though I noticed now that it does say so on the download page for the mod in the unofficial repository. Way at the bottom of the page. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom