new map: NEW SPAIN

Would you like to see the NA server to change the map to this or keep current map?

• New England(current map)

Votes: 27 36.0%
  • New Spain

Votes: 48 64.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

totte1015 said:
So is there a friggin overwatch map so you can figure out how to navigate like you can in Frontier map?
yes there is with sirknights sub par map thread

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,276871.0.html

I like it, but it needs some fine polishing. Smoothing out edges, removing bushes from roads (because it seems like people can't find the roads) and make some roads a bit clearer. Remove some of the bridges. Remove the ruins and add forest or a small village - this will enhance the feel of dense and lush forests and the scale of the map. Remove the Indian camp and add more things looking like the Aztec - they could be forgotten Aztecs in their ancestors ruins (RP). Search for invisible barriers everywhere and test the map with around ten to twenty guys. Make the rivers more shallow - deep enough to kill you if you're wounded at all, but not if you're not wounded.

Tareth said:
I like it, but it needs some fine polishing. Smoothing out edges, removing bushes from roads (because it seems like people can't find the roads) and make some roads a bit clearer. Remove some of the bridges. Remove the ruins and add forest or a small village - this will enhance the feel of dense and lush forests and the scale of the map. Remove the Indian camp and add more things looking like the Aztec - they could be forgotten Aztecs in their ancestors ruins (RP). Search for invisible barriers everywhere and test the map with around ten to twenty guys. Make the rivers more shallow - deep enough to kill you if you're wounded at all, but not if you're not wounded.

thanks for the input, its pretty difficult to make this aztec unless you have a picture for me, because that mayan temple is purely my creation, there is no props for these things, i just force these props together to look like something.

the map is originally to appeal to role players so i understand that alot of people that play PF dont even know what a build box is, hence they have never played PW or disliked PW. This map will be tweaked and fixed for RP servers purely.

By the way, New Spain was the name given to Mexico in the 1700s. I'd love to see a Mexico-styled red-land map with plateaus, canyons, BANDITOSSS, and cacti!

*Bandidos.

Yes, I would love that too. Maybe I can convince a mapper to come do one with me?

Inter, would you be up for a New Mexico map?

I am a professional economist with a taste for simulation in MMO and RTS, we could make a good team :wink:.

Erk said:
*Bandidos.

Yes, I would love that too. Maybe I can convince a mapper to come do one with me?

Inter, would you be up for a New Mexico map?

I am a professional economist with a taste for simulation in MMO and RTS, we could make a good team :wink:.

as of now New spain is being worked on, even when im finished supporting this map i like to take a break before i find another idea that really captures me, it happens naturally i need to paint out battles in my head and how the map im about to make will feel as if you transported across the world.

like most maps that use generic trees and place them standing up or straight lined roads that dont exist. i actually put thought into a map on how things look in real life, and how i can bring it into this game. im still working out terrain and other fixes for the update.

one thing that i dont like about desert type maps is that most people enjoy forests rather than open land.

I respect that. However, i still think that New Mexico, even though it is challenging, could be a nice scenario. Canyons and such can be used to break the monotony of the desert. I think it is feasible. Neverhteless, I'll give you some quick advice on how to fix the economy of New Spain or now. I'll be writing a PM later, gotta go.

Erk said:
I respect that. However, i still think that New Mexico, even though it is challenging, could be a nice scenario. Canyons and such can be used to break the monotony of the desert. I think it is feasible. Neverhteless, I'll give you some quick advice on how to fix the economy of New Spain or now. I'll be writing a PM later, gotta go.
thanks

inter17 said:
Tareth said:

thanks for the input, its pretty difficult to make this aztec unless you have a picture for me, because that mayan temple is purely my creation, there is no props for these things, i just force these props together to look like something.

the map is originally to appeal to role players so i understand that alot of people that play PF dont even know what a build box is, hence they have never played PW or disliked PW. This map will be tweaked and fixed for RP servers purely.

Then continue to only make Mayan temples, and they can roleplay as modern Mayans living in their ancestors' ol' temples & buildings. And if you made that place by yourself - creds! I'd suggest removing the sacrificial pit however, and add small stone buildings instead.

Can the fort around laras have a few less build points? It takes a hell of a lot of wood to make that thing and there are not many trees around. Also, put resting places and ammo inside both pilmur and laras.

Also, put proper big iron in laras mine. Small iron ore costs less than wood so noone is mining it much.

Lastly, I still think colonys roads need to be defined more. They are better than they were but its still too wooded and confusing around there.

There is a weapon smith at npoint. There is also more trees around build points IN NA SERVER and ammo crates can be found through out these battle points. And i can fix the small iron prices

Some feedback:

I believe it's north point: its iron mine is too close to its base especially since it's pure iron ore, it's too easy for them to get and hold it and too hard for enemies to try and take it.

I think it would be nice to put some lumber trees in the swamp and the natives jungle, along with some iron ores, so the natives can protect their land against exploitation from the pale man.

Natives bases could use at least a front door, and one base doesn't have a bed and the other doesn't have female clothing, musket stock storage would be nice too.

Give natives one of those crappy round wooden shields please, also more bow types and ammo and javelins/spears.

Make ferries go over to the other side all the way in one go when using the the crank thingy just once, but slightly slower.

Outlaw camp is too close to the middle colonial town.

Personally I like the excess of trees and shrubbery in the natives jungle, gives an edge to the natives who have learned its pathways and for me it has turned away multiple would-be invaders and gotten them lost on their way to us.

Commoners should not be able to spawn directly inside the forts, only faction members, earlier we had a bunch of commoners continuously spawning in the biggest stone fort on the hill and constantly trying to kill everyone and getting those in the fort outlawed for killing them back. (no admins on :[ )

Otherwise it's a nice map and you really nailed the Caribbean feeling of it.

Medlico said:
You can a buy banner for the third faction at the colonist tavern. Slight bug?

You are able to buy a banner for North Point faction at colonist town because North Point is the only fort that can be captured. Those in that faction can join the faction at the tavern and buy a banner to go and recapture their fort.

No iron in the forts near Pilmir. Nor near the North Fort. No iron in town either. People are not working, mostly it is wood and some crafting but rarely. Colonial town is mostly the place to go for a fight and that is pretty much it. Sorry but I don't think the map is working as intended.

You are right Erk, outlaws and colony just fight constant DM. It can be quite fun but gets old after a while.

Regarding working, thats just this mod really. Noone works because you just need to hang around and loot a musket. This doesnt take long as people dropping all the time.

People do that in PW of course but that has a lot more variety of equipment and people like specific stuff.

in PF most weapons are fine so there is no incentive.

I dont think this will ever change dramatically. Its mainly going to be a DM war mod.

I am fine with some DM without so much grinding or billionaires running around.

However, the mapper had a lot of fancy intentions in mind placing capturable stuff and all forts in certain places. Non of that is working. I have yet to see anyone mining iron, it doesn't happen in Pilmir and it doesn't happen in in the North Fort.

Not a single ore. I am aware there was a crash, but I was playing long before it and still no ores.

Current location of outlaws means that often they overpower the colony and pretty much spawn kill there (Spawn killed for 20 minutes earlier today, we couldn't do ****).

So the way it is now, forts with soldiers are unbearably far away from each other and from the colony for no good reason. This just gets in the way of wars, that barely happen. Spawning soldiers will be able to fence off almost any invasion, given travelling distances.

I am aware that frontier wasn't much better in terms of organized teamplay or forts being well located. But at least that seemed to be ok for the mapper. Inter seems to want something more out of the map, so I think he needs to be aware that it isn't happening.

Back
Top Bottom