[NC2012] - Rules & Regulations

Users who are viewing this thread

I have a question. Do we really need the new maps in this tournament? I mean, I think in this tournament the skill is 75% importand, tactics only 25%. Why we need new maps? We like the old maps, don't we?
Its just an idea, maybe can we make polls?

pro.faiL said:
I have a question. Do we really need the new maps in this tournament? I mean, I think in this tournament the skill is 75% importand, tactics only 25%. Why we need new maps? We like the old maps, don't we?
I would say that a good player is in tactics as good as in tactics, in a game like warband both is necessary to emerge victory.
And the new maps should be known to [atleast] most of the players participating in the Nations Cup.
And of course a higher amount of maps makes the stages more interesting, because you have to be more versatile.
A poll of course, would be the best way to find out, what the majority would prefer.

pro.faiL said:
The map's qualified for the ENL are very well done. I think these new maps will give a good experience to other players.

Internationally Moked said:
pro.faiL said:
The map's qualified for the ENL are very well done. I think these new maps will give a good experience to other players.
Not all of them, it's a matter of opinion.
I suggest we poll it.

Also means you are playing a mod, (technically) not native. Maybe a silly thing to say..

Le Roux said:
Internationally Moked said:
pro.faiL said:
Not all of them, it's a matter of opinion.
I suggest we poll it.
Very good point Roux. The maps may be good for some, but bad for others. I am one who hates those maps, they look nice and all but playing on them showed me that they are just looks they are terrible to play on ( no offense to whoever made them ). I also support the idea of a poll but only Official team captains can vote.

Z3ro said:
Very good point Roux. The maps may be good for some, but bad for others. I am one who hates those maps, they look nice and all but playing on them showed me that they are just looks they are terrible to play on ( no offense to whoever made them ). I also support the idea of a poll but only Official team captains can vote.
I can understand not liking San'di'boush because it offers a fairly alternative experience to most Native maps but saying all the new maps are "terrible to play on" is bordering on ridiculous. The maps are extremely well made and I have no doubt you wouldn't bat an eyelid, had they been included in Native. I think your judgement is essentially clouded by familiarity, as it is for others... comments like this really make me despair.

As with the ENL, I disagree with the idea of a poll but I know it's an idea Alex has raised before so there's probably a decent chance of one.

I agree with Lust.. I hated all of those maps at first but now I quite like them. (apart from snowy, Vaegir always win, archer spam map, which was better when it had cliffs imo). They are balanced and fun to play on for the most part.

Can the countries from the Balkans(Serbia,Croatia,Slovenia,Bosnia and Herzegovina,Montenegro and Macedonia) merge to form one NC team(we actually participated in the first NC under the name Balkan)?Because it will be very hard for each country to make a team alone.

captain lust said:
John7 said:
Most of the U.S. and Canada are not familiar with the maps to my knowledge
Most of the US and Canada are not familiar with Medium speed or spawn switching. There's plenty of time to check out the maps and play a few practices on them.
They are familiar with medium speed and spawn switching isnt a bad thing I am personally in favor of it. I like that idea. Its something that in a way we are not use to it but most clans are able to play to the same lvl irrelevant of spawn.  Now the maps is a different issues your probably right it is matter of getting used too, but playing on the maps I dont think they are adequate for competitive play this is my personal opnion. You guys might argue aganist me but thats because you guys are use to this maps already. I do agree theirs a need for new maps in competitive scene.  Perhaps not include all the maps but a few only that are balanced enough for a scrim.

Later this week I will download the maps and host them and have respectitive members of the USA perhaps play on them and let them get a feel for them. Also get their opnion on each map.

-Zero

Sorry for any grammer and spelling errors typed this on my phone.

I'd be in favour of keeping the maps (original and custom). The maps were welcomed into the ENL and there's been no big problems about them since (ie.threads petitioning for removal etc) so I can't say I understand the uncertainty of allowing them into this competition, there fairly well designed and offer interesting and different approaches to the standard native maps which we all know by heart.

Well.. cant say im too fond of Frosty Battle - feels really uncomfortable to fight on. Tis also a somewhat unbalanced in my mind and the invisible border is reaallly noticeable  (aka frustrating) due to one of the better positions being right by it.

Probably wouldnt mind it too much if there was a fence or cliff placed at the map edge so you actually know when yer gona stop dead.

Back
Top Bottom